Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: llamavore embarks on a quest  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
llamavore embarks on a quest
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:11:28 pm »
while perusing the steam store as I do from time to time, I noticed an interesting looking browser game called Iron Grip: Marauders. in the process of checking it out I set about making the most absurd avatar I could.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9459/monty2.png

meet Captain Monty "Monobrow" McRapeface the 4th. for generations his family, the distinguished McRapeface clan, have provided military geniuses and pillars of civilized society to their nation of mystical barbarian forest pimps. now comes the time for him to take up the reins and carry on his family's great legacy.

of course, only once I click save avatar do I realize you have to earn some kind of in game currency? to buy some of these avatar props.

challenge accepted.

also, tits: apparently browser games don't work without them.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
Re: llamavore embarks on a quest
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:22 am »
Pure sexiness

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:03:05 pm »
You have such nice teeth.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 5.49" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: uhStoneYuh
  • Ruler: Rezin99
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:05:35 pm »
Does said game not suck balls?

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:22:19 pm »
I am interested in this game now... what is it?
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 07:50:09 pm »
Our hero began his rite of passage by eschewing the trappings of nobility and donning the attire of a lowly but respectable trade in his homeland, a common midget herder. Reaching the first stop in his journey, the bustling town of Anchorpoint, he sought out a public location and attached to his face offensively ugly objects to provoke passersby into acts of violence so as to test his prowess and bravery in mortal combat.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5862/monty3.png

Spouting obscenities in a language he could only assume had not been completely forgotten by the rest of the world, he was soon approached by an overweight transgender with a pronounced lisp and a cat attached to its shoulder. Monty Monobrow was foremost among his people in the spiritual arts of herbal intoxication and knew how to recognize a spiritual being cast out of its realm by its peers. So, naturally, when offered a quest by this pseudo-physical creature of dubious origin and intent, he accepted.

---

but yeah, the game sucks. there are a lot of pros that may make it worthwhile once they iron out the kinks, but the kinks as it stands now make it quite unplayable. It's a steampunk ww1/2 turn based strategy game, and apparently turn based AI is hard to write, so they gave the AI some serious advantages (it has no fog of war, it can see everything). Combine this with bugs in their Line of Sight system and in their trueranking system, as well as a difficulty setting bug that makes the 'easiest' mission actually the hardest, and they've clearly bit off more than they can chew and were premature in jumping on Steam.

My recommendation is to give them time to develop it. The quest missions aren't too imbalanced though, and you can run smuggling operations and, if they fixed it, you can play some 1 shield raids without getting futbuct. If you play the normal raids and they haven't fixed it, chances are around level 3 or 4 you will notice a sharp increase in difficulty which will result in battles which eat up all your resources even if you win them.

here's my rant thread on their suggestion forum: http://igmarauders.isotx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12453#post12453
if you do play, check out this thread and save your butt some soreness. http://igmarauders.isotx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2270
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:51:54 pm by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:16:10 pm »
Ha ha ha, holy shit.

Does said game not suck balls?
I played it a couple times, it's decent.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 11:24:46 pm »
But you play SKn, so can we trust you?

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 12:13:13 am »
But you play SKn, so can we trust you?
I lost interest in SHK in the first few weeks of playing it. it was a novel idea, but it's extremely competitive and to get a leg up you have to spend copious amounts of time sitting in front of your computer screen waiting for timers to count down. this game is much more chillax. aside from the sadistically OP AI.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 5.49" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: uhStoneYuh
  • Ruler: Rezin99
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 10:18:40 am »
SHK was cool until my PC went to shizzz, then I never downloaded it again. This was not before getting a friend of mine hooked on it to the point where he will play NOTHING else.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317