Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I can't get any Fallout 3 mods to work goddammit!!!  (Read 2759 times)

Offline The AnnihiTATER

• RIAer
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards The Disorder War
  • war boner is 1.19" long.
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: The Fourth Reich
  • Ruler: The AnnihiTATER
I can't get any Fallout 3 mods to work goddammit!!!
« on: December 16, 2013, 04:14:12 am »
I have almost no problems modding Fallout New Vegas, but almost all of the mods I install for fallout 3 don't work properly, the biggest problem is with weapon and armor mods, the items show up in the game but for all of them the textures do that thing where the game just slaps random textures onto the model... I don't know if its a factor but I install all my mods through nexus mod manager, I'm not good enough with computers to do it manually, it's the GOTY edition and I got it through Steam rather than the disc version :iiam:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:16:14 am by The AnnihiTATER »

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War One year of Random Insanity Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
Re: I can't get any Fallout 3 mods to work goddammit!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:49:35 am »
Well i guess you're screwed.
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Ogaden

• Spammer of Inboxes
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • I wwebsite as on the internet
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Dave War Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 15.3" long.
  • has 490 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abtirsi.com
  • Nation: Ogaden
  • Ruler: James Dahl
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:05:58 pm »
I haven't played new vegas, though it looked pretty good
Ogaden, Spammer of Inboxes, Giver of Happy Endings, Retard Savant, Buzzkill Extraordinaire, Protector of Mexico.
:ria:

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 08:55:19 am »
If it's Steam, mods are a bitch.  Much in common with RIA.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »
So. You're using a manager to boot it. Are you manually adding everything in the usual folders, but under Steam/SteamApps/Common... it should all work the same, no?

Offline The AnnihiTATER

• RIAer
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards The Disorder War
  • war boner is 1.19" long.
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: The Fourth Reich
  • Ruler: The AnnihiTATER
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 11:55:29 pm »
So. You're using a manager to boot it. Are you manually adding everything in the usual folders, but under Steam/SteamApps/Common... it should all work the same, no?

like I said idk how to manually install the shit.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:06:31 am »
Well, it sounds like you are fucked.  I tried loading mods for IL-2 on the Steam version, and could not get it working.  Really cool mods with F-86s.  Now I have to trundle my way up the ladder in War Thunder to recapture the Mig Alley glory days.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 05:52:25 pm »

like I said idk how to manually install the shit.
Yeah. If you want you could Google it, but it'll be a hefty amount of reading to get up to speed.

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Earthly Heaven
  • Ruler: Salmia
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 10:18:50 pm »
Steam has cool mods. Also manually installing isn't that difficult, it is just a few processes to get it work.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 02:35:04 am »
Steam has cool mods. Also manually installing isn't that difficult, it is just a few processes to get it work.

Yeah, but you mean mods made for and available from within the Steam bioshpere.  Try applying a non-Steam mod to a Steam game!  Very painful.

Offline Aerlorin

• RIAer
  • Cactus
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 4.55" long.
  • has 259 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Sector Alpha
  • Ruler: unknownjoker
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 01:22:01 pm »
Been a long time since I added any mods to Fallout 3 with the mod manager...but...I have found that with some mods you have to start and load a save with the archive invalidation off in the mod manager (under tools), then close the game, then start it again with archive invalidation on again. Sometimes has to be done to get the textures to work right. If you have tried that, then ignore this post....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:23:55 pm by Aerlorin »
ignotum per ignotius

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317