Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: The irony...  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Earthly Heaven
  • Ruler: Salmia
The irony...
« on: July 28, 2011, 03:21:56 pm »
So I got sick with mono a month ago, lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks and then lost 6 more pounds in the last week. I never thought I'd hear these words out of the doctor but he told me to eat more. :| Does anyone have any idea what a meal should consist in calories? I've been told I should be eating about 2500 calories but when half a burger, half fries fills you up..

Any genius out there have any solutions?

Offline Agent Lemon

• Troll Legend
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 11.31" long.
  • has 149 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Citrus Empire
  • Ruler: Agent Lemon
Re: The irony...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 03:52:11 pm »
nuts and nut butters are very dense in calories
dried fruits
drink milk or juice for easy calories
try and have 5 or 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 big ones
don't worry about "low fat" foods, fats are fine as long as it's not processed crap
cut back on cardio
look up a calorie calculator which will tell you how much you need to gain weight, if you're still not gaining then increase the calories.

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 05:14:59 pm »
Well the goal is to stabilize my weight, not gain it back. I keep losing weight is the issue. I haven't been eating much but slowly increasing what I eat. Problem is my stomach doesn't like to eat much before it gets full or rebels.

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »
Peanut butter sandwiches.

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »
Already live off those but I think they're only 400 calories?

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:02:48 pm »
Get stoned.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »
2500 calories is a bit excessive.  RDA is usually 2000-2500 for men and I think 1500-1800 for women.  It really depends on activity level. 

Remember to count all the calories.  The PBJ may only be 400 calories, but the large glass of milk you have with is could be another 250 or more. 

I'd agree with Lemon on the 5-6 meals a day, especially if you are having trouble eating enough.  This will allow you to increase your calorie intake without ever feeling stuffed.  It's a good idea in general since you limit the sugar spikes in your system and keep them at a more even level throughout the day.  Oddly enough, that is one of the top recommendations for people trying to lose weight as well.  It keeps you from feeling too hungry so you don't have the temptation to over eat. 

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 10:51:24 pm »
I was given a link to a BMR and it seems like a lot. But I have to be actually hungry to eat 5-6 times a day. Should I only eat when I am hungry?

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »
Get stoned.

This made me laugh.

My serious answer Mia is to follow the advice of the next poster to the letter. I have a sixth sense for these types of things.

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 3.36" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Neo Celtia
  • Ruler: Rorick
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 10:33:11 pm »
Eat lots of proteins and carbs is all I can suggest.  Both high in energy, one gets you filled quick, the other keeps you filled. Over the 5-6 suggested beforehand and it might work.

Then again, I'm no expert so I may be wrong, but it's worth a shot.

Officer of  :florida:: 6/11-12/11

http://www.armedforcesinsignia.com

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 39 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317