Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Firefox users are basically not capable of rational thought anymore.  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox users are basically not capable of rational thought anymore.
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 05:24:29 pm »
Try again, like, right now. :)

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 06:44:50 pm »
Firefox 3 is currently the best browser.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 07:41:18 pm »
Firefox 3 is currently the best browser.

2007 post

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 09:34:30 pm »
FUCK BROWSER WARS, WE'RE SANCTIONED!!!!
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »
Please don't troll my topics Vintus

Offline Shadow Smudger

• Golden Sun
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Funktuar
  • Venus Adept
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.75" long.
  • has 83 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://ian.centasm.net
  • Nation: Shadow Empire
  • Ruler: Shadow Slayer
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 01:39:38 am »
Abe, before I shoot my mouth off about Glorious Internet Explorer and Glorious Google Chrome being the best two browsers, can you verify that IE9 did GPU rendering first?

[19:44] <%AbeSimpson[RIA]> ThunderStrike: Please stop trolling
---------------------------
[18:05:16] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Congrats, you are now Shadow
[19:30] <&Delta1212[RIA]> I already know I'm too smart for my own good anyway
[23:22:43] <&Liz> yeah ShadowSlayer[RIA] isnt bad looking tbh
[13:17:52] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Xiphin' in the front seat, Lizzin' in the back seat
[13:17:57] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Gotta make your mind up
[13:18:28] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Which seat can you take

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2011, 02:12:29 am »
Well, this is how I remember it.

Internet Explorer 9 beta comes out and the GPU thing is like a big deal, right?

Like a week later, the latest developer Chromium had GPU rendering support. :3

Offline Shadow Smudger

• Golden Sun
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Funktuar
  • Venus Adept
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.75" long.
  • has 83 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://ian.centasm.net
  • Nation: Shadow Empire
  • Ruler: Shadow Slayer
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 02:13:20 am »
That's how I remember it too. But IE9 gets major props for innovating, amirite

[19:44] <%AbeSimpson[RIA]> ThunderStrike: Please stop trolling
[18:05:16] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Congrats, you are now Shadow
[19:30] <&Delta1212[RIA]> I already know I'm too smart for my own good anyway
[23:22:43] <&Liz> yeah ShadowSlayer[RIA] isnt bad looking tbh
[13:17:52] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Xiphin' in the front seat, Lizzin' in the back seat
[13:17:57] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Gotta make your mind up
[13:18:28] <&Delta1212[RIA]> Which seat can you take

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 02:15:26 am »
Abe, before I shoot my mouth off about Glorious Internet Explorer and Glorious Google Chrome being the best two browsers, can you verify that IE9 did GPU rendering first?
They did. IE is now literally better than FF.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 02:24:50 am »
The irony seems to be lost amongst the Firefox users.

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 02:53:10 am »
On second thought, reading into some things about this extension is that it can be problematic.

You'll probably be fine running on Windows, though, but apparently you have to set a password.

Huh.

On top of that, it'll ask you for a password every time you update.

That could get annoying.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=54257

This link is the reason why it's taken so long to get something like this done. Tell you the truth, I have no idea what NotScript does, but I bet Chrome will still download the scripts anyway...just not execute them.

Anyway, apparently Safari had this problem, too. I imagine fixing this will make a lot of people happy.

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 02:57:37 am »
On second thought, reading into some things about this extension is that it can be problematic.

You'll probably be fine running on Windows, though, but apparently you have to set a password.

Huh.

On top of that, it'll ask you for a password every time you update.

That could get annoying.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=54257

This link is the reason why it's taken so long to get something like this done. Tell you the truth, I have no idea what NotScript does, but I bet Chrome will still download the scripts anyway...just not execute them.

Anyway, apparently Safari had this problem, too. I imagine fixing this will make a lot of people happy.

Seems to do almost exactly what noscript did so far. And I've known the reason noscript isnt in chrome for a while.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 03:01:19 am »
yayy finally can use chrome and not see ads everywhere! I have a boner.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 03:04:44 am »
I will give Firefox some credit for their version of the Web Developer extension. The Chromium one honestly does not compare.

Chrome AdBlock used to suck, but it seems to be doing better lately.

Some Chrome extensions really trump the fuck out of any Firefox ones. FreshStart is a really awesome session manager.

Compatibility with Greasemonkey-written scripts is getting better. Doesn't matter anyway since a lot of them are written for Chrome now. I like how you can manage them with your Extensions and disable/enable them both on the fly.

I hope this is a direction that those Chromium fellows are planning on; I'd like to see extensions treated like apps. Like, I want my Google Voice extension on all the time and my Gmail extension, but I don't want Web Developer or Fresh start on all the time. I turn them on when I need them.

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 03:08:56 am »
the location of the notscript icon does bug me, being up at the bookmark button, so instead of blocking the porn site I bookmark it (hypothetically) but oh well.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2011, 03:35:36 am »
the location of the notscript icon does bug me, being up at the bookmark button, so instead of blocking the porn site I bookmark it (hypothetically) but oh well.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Offline Dragonfire967

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO)
  • war boner is 1.33" long.
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Artagia
  • Ruler: Dragonfire967
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 08:20:58 am »
I got 2 cents to add to this...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/FFVersion.png
Firefox users are basically not capable of rational thought anymore.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/chromeversion.png

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/resourcecompare.png

As you can see above, firefox uses up more resources than chrome, to display the EXACT same webpage with only one tab open.  I also know for a fact that chrome is more secure than FF or IE, and if a tab locks up, you don't have to shut down the entire browser, just that one tab, as each tab is its own process.
Without war, there cannot be peace.  Without peace, there cannot be war.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:17 pm »
^
Troll post

Let's compare a Firefox and a Chrome that have been running all day. :p

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 12:52:50 pm »
Sorry, I need to reply to that again.

I mean, for real dog, what are you trying to pull? You think I haven't used Firefox before?

On average, my Firefox would almost go into a gigabyte. Like, 500MB to 700MB range, typically.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317