Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: play SNES games in your broswer  (Read 828 times)

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
play SNES games in your broswer
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:22:06 am »
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Re: play SNES games in your broswer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:44:24 am »
what about sega games?

edit: getting an error in the game load window.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:49:09 am by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline DonGiovanni023

• DonG
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 5.17" long.
  • has 17 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Tethe alla
  • Ruler: DonGiovanni023
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 07:20:00 pm »
How about LEGAL ways to play classic games . . oh yeah, I got em. Oh, you can save your progress too  :smug:

vGBX http://virtualgbx.com/
vNES http://www.virtualnes.com/
vSNES http://www.virtualsupernes.com/
vCHIP I'm not posting, it's a piece of shit

Offline Croix

• Gigantuar
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has colonized Mars! Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 14.44" long.
  • has 396 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Nation Link
  • Nation: Edjaal
  • Ruler: Croix
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:27 pm »
I just have a SNES hooked up to my plasma screen..
Photobucket wants 400bucks a year to hotlink, lolno
[20:31:00] <@ShadowSlayer[RIA]> ALL I DO IS PLAY WITH BIG GUYS
thank you for your time

be warned that your sig is now against the rule if it mentions me

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:17:23 pm »
umm... just so you are aware DonGiovanni023, roms are only legal if you ripped them from the cartridge yourself. And if the console has a bios, its illegal to download that too...
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline DonGiovanni023

• DonG
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 5.17" long.
  • has 17 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Tethe alla
  • Ruler: DonGiovanni023
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 08:47:09 pm »
The website has a physical cartridge for every game available  :cactuar:

http://www.virtualnes.com/help/law/copyright.html
Code: [Select]
Emulation Collective Copyright Policy Summary

VirtualNES.com uses the NESonline environment to act as an emulator of the Nintendo Entertainment System and  Nintendo Family Computer hardware, designed with the specific purpose of allowing fans all around the world to play vintage video games whilst staying within the boundaries of applicable laws. NESonline is expressly designed to not assist in the download of copyrighted files, but rather stream them when needed. The innermost workings of this technology allow only the necessary data to be placed in the temporary storage of a computer while in use, and destroy the files in question when the user has finished playing a game.

Due to substantial legal pressure, the staff of Emulation Collective have gone to extensive lengths to operate within United States law, while still providing a quality product to our users. All of the games on VirtualNES.com that were commercially published within North America, and/or are originally sanctioned products of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (or its subsidiaries), are blackups from original cartridge copies stored at the Emulation Collective offices, in accordance with 17 U.S.C. § 108 and 17 U.S.C. § 1201 (a)(1), and Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc., 464 U.S. 417 (1984).

Products made outside of those limitations are not known to have a copyright recognized by Title 17 of the United States Code. Special cases are made in circumstances, including but not limited to cases in which the game was designed but never saw publication. Details of handling policy for these cases are covered below.
Emulation Collective Legal Sevenfold Path

In an effort to reach full legal enlightenment, Emulation Collective governs our practices by these laws. It is by this path that we are able to provide a legal solution to the archival and playback of vintage video games.
Step 1: Fair Use

Emulation Collective uses methods of archival and transfer that can be easily interpreted as being protected under the doctrine of fair use, as codified at 17 U.S.C. § 107.

The purpose and character of the use, such as if the works are used for commercial or nonprofit purposes.
        Our websites are free of banner, tonicup, or interstitial advertisements and require no membership.
    The nature of the copyrighted work in question.
        The game cartridges available on our websites have been out of the retail market for a minimum of 10 years.
    The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the work as a whole.
        The complete, unedited game cartridge is available for use.
    The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work.
        The video games in question are vastly technologically inferior to modern video games.

Step 2: 17 U.S.C. § 108

17 U.S.C. § 108 allows archives to produce (and distribute) copies of copyrighted works in the event that it does not result in commercial advantage, that the collection of the archive is open to the public, and that the reproduction of the copyrighted work retains the notice of copyright of the holder of the copyrighted work. This right extends to unpublished works, provided that the archive has an original copy of the work in question.
Step 3: 17 U.S.C. § 117

17 U.S.C. § 117 allows the owner of a copy of a computer program to make a copy provided that the copy is created as an essential step in the utilization of the computer program, and the copy is for archival purposes only.
Step 4: Sony v. Universal Ruling

The ruling of Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc., 464 U.S. 417 (1984), confirmed that the creation of complete blackup copies made for the purposes of shifting time or format for noncommercial purposes is fair use. As described in more detail above, Emulation Collective is not run as a for-profit operation, it is akin to a library or museum, a place where video games are preserved not only as an entertainment medium, but cultural artifacts.
Step 5: Policy for Unreleased Games

Emulation Collective provides access to unreleased video games that have been copied and published elsewhere on the Web on our websites, as it falls within our mission of archiving our digital past. Our policy is to not host the games if it results in unfair commercial advantage. The policy for determining such is as follows.

An unreleased game that is completed and released for the original platform, or a reasonable facsimile thereof (such as emulation), will not be provided on websites run by Emulation Collective.

For example, if Nintendo released Earthbound for the NES on the Virtual Console, or made a production run of Earthbound cartridges for the NES, Emulation Collective will not have Earthbound on our websites, until at least 10 years after it is no longer commercially available.

An unreleased game that is revived as an enhanced remake for a new platform will be available on websites run by Emulation Collective.

For example, if Nintendo released a collection of Earthbound games (collectively known as Mother 1, 2, and 3) for the Nintendo DS, Emulation Collective would still have the unreleased Earthbound game on the NES, as this release would be an enhanced remake, not the original version programmed for the NES.
Step 6: Policy for Prototype Games

Emulation Collective provides access to prototype games that have been copied and published elsewhere on the Web on our websites, as it falls within our mission of archiving our digital past. Prototype games are considered "Beta" versions of games that did receive a commercial release.

For example, a prototype of Pokémon Gold Version would only be available on Emulation Collective websites if we have the published edition of Pokémon Gold Version.
Step 7: Policy for Unlicensed Games

Certain games, the bulk of which were released in Asia (but outside of Japan), and are not licensed products of Nintendo Co., Ltd. (or its subsidiaries) do not have a notice of copyright or proper identification of rights holders, or, ascertaining the identity of such is not possible. In certain other cases, these games may use characters that the company responsible for publishing does not have the rights to use. In these situations, Emulation Collective may provide the games in question on our websites.

If a rights holder was to provide proof of identification, copyright and status of product, these games would be handled by the same standard policy of library usage as commercially released games of known sources.

I just have a SNES hooked up to my plasma screen..
not anymore   :troll:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:49:54 pm by DonGiovanni023 »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.677 seconds with 34 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317