Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Hey guys, help a brother out?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Hey guys, help a brother out?
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:38:39 pm »

Hey, guys, it's been a while.

I've been wrestling with this problem for a few hours now, and I need some advice from the smartest people on the internet. They aren't available, however, so I figured I'd come back over here for a little while.

I'm trying to record my video from my Wii (Brawl, obviously) to my computer. I've got an Honestech vidbox NW03 that I'm using to stream to my computer, and I'm using Windows 7 with Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus to record. This was working just fine without any problems at all.

Then I started screwing around with Realtek HD Audio Manager a little so I could record my voice at the same time. I set it up so both my voice and the game's audio were played through the stereo mix. This worked, too, and I was happy, but I didn't test the actual gameplay. All of this happened yesterday.

Today, I went to actually record something, and I noticed that when I'm recording, there's 1-2 second lag between button presses and sound and things happening on the screen. After a few hours of fiddling and rage, I figured out that if there's audio, the lag occurs; if there's no audio, there's no lag. That includes the stereo mix, my microphone, and just streaming from the Wii. If I disable the audio, there's no lag. I also discovered that there's no lag between gameplay and sound when I'm watching the video after it was recorded.

There wasn't any lag before I tried the stereo mix, so I tried disabling it and reverting to what I was doing before, but I can't fix the lag.

So, does anyone know how to fix the lag? I can't think of a very good workaround for any of this, and it's starting to piss me off.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys, help a brother out?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 02:14:52 am »
You need to take you Wii, and submerge it in water for about 8-10 seconds to rehydrate it.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 06:26:52 am »
You need to take you Wii, and submerge it in water for about 8-10 seconds to rehydrate it.
by the time you notice your Wii is thirsty, it is already dehydrated and has lost 10% of its power to function.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 05:47:31 pm »

My Wii is afraid of the water and wouldn't do it. It's grounded for a week.

The same problem happens with my 360, too, smartass. It's not a console problem. Any real solutions?

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:09:23 pm »
Record the video and then go back in and add the audio later.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:41:54 pm »
Yeah, I don't no why you're trying to sync it, that's a little resource intensive. Chances are that's your problem.

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »
You could also try to say things 1 - 2 seconds before they happen

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:18:44 pm »
Record the video and then go back in and add the audio later.
That was my original plan, but it was annoying to try to sync my audio with the game's audio. I just wanted to fix that inconvenience.

I guess I wasn't clear enough, but I can't just go back to doing that. I tried everything I could think of, and I eventually reverted the settings back to how they were before. The lag still occurs despite me fixing it to the original settings I had when it was still working fine, and I was hoping that someone here had a little more experience in this stuff than me.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 09:32:12 pm »
Hey, guys, I guess no one gives a shit, but I took another look at it today and it's working the way it was originally. It still lags when I record my voice, but the game audio alone doesn't cause lag anymore.

I'm wondering if anyone can find a workaround for recording my voice at the same time. The only way I've figured out so far is to record in audacity and Magix at the same time, but then I have to put the audio in sync with where I was trying to say it. It's ok for now, but I would rather find an easier way so I can not waste so much time exporting MP3s from audacity and humming to the tune of the game's music just to sync everything up.

Obviously these are small inconveniences, but inconveniences nonetheless. I must keep searching for the technology that makes this easier yet.

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 03:06:36 pm »
Well, as for recording both at the same time, I think it's just your computer not being able to handle that. What are your specs? Do you have a sound card? Are your drivers up to date? If so, have you tried rolling them back and seeing if that makes a difference?

Offline ACEREALZ

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 2.37" long.
  • has 27 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: VASQUEZ
  • Ruler: ACEREALZ
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 04:11:13 pm »
I really hope this helps bro

GIFSoup

Offline ACEREALZ

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 2.37" long.
  • has 27 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: VASQUEZ
  • Ruler: ACEREALZ
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 04:11:38 pm »
o sorry wrong topic

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 09:52:58 pm »
Well, as for recording both at the same time, I think it's just your computer not being able to handle that. What are your specs? Do you have a sound card? Are your drivers up to date? If so, have you tried rolling them back and seeing if that makes a difference?

I hardly think there would be a difference in giving you my specs. The thing is, it seems to lag when I just use my microphone now, regardless of the game's audio. Whatever the reason for that is, if I record my microphone somewhere else at the same time, like audacity, for example, it doesn't lag anything. That's what I'm doing right now.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 1.007 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317