Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Thinking of buying a gun :bond:  (Read 8699 times)

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
Thinking of buying a gun :bond:
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:18:31 am »
So I'm looking into getting a gun to shot at stuff at the range in town. Obviously an AK variant would be fun, but they are surprisingly expensive at around $700 from what i can find. M4's are around the same price. And i actually am looking at getting a Deagle, but damn $1700 for a new one seems a bit pricey...though not totally out of the question.

Anyone got an suggestions on a fun and reasonably priced gun that a civilian can own?
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of buying a gun :bond:
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 01:46:56 pm »
In some places in the world, you can get an AK for ten dollars.

Use the money you'd save buying an AK from Somalia into a plane ticket and some rations.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:50:17 pm »
Also I feel like you live in a state where Walmart would sell AR-15s, so honestly, you might want to check there because they will be on sale this time of the year. I'm completely serious with this post. I'm positive more AR-15s have been sold from WalMart this Black Friday than ever before.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 01:51:55 pm »
I've definitely seen pink AR-15s in Walmart, btw.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/296844_486893161323038_876357488_n-900x600.jpg

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 01:57:32 pm »
they do have a decent selection actually... Ill have to take a closer look now that i am looking to get one...

But you are recommending an AR-15?

And like, look how fucking sexy this thing is though...
https://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-Desert-Eagle-50-AE-Black-w-Muzzle-Brake.asp

Plus with this, you could say you own a god damned hand cannon...
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 02:07:54 pm »
Well, I mean, you started this topic with intentions of getting an AK. If you want an AK, pursue an AK. If you just want a big gun to shoot at stuff with, get the AR-15 at a Walmart and make sure you get the receipt. But, even then, still get the AK.

I think you'll have more fun with an AK, personally. You'll get to know it better than the AR-15, especially in terms of maintenance.

But, I've never shot an AR-15, but I've played with several AKs.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=530311998
http://www.ioinc.us/akm247.html

AKM is a modern build. This one is made in the USA. Which I've heard would possibly make it incompatible with certain accessories, but I don't believe that honestly. It doesn't make sense. Besides the obvious accessories.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 02:10:42 pm »
http://armsofamerica.com/images/products/detail/Polishkit.JPG

This gun is made from the same exact design that the IO USA folks use.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 02:14:04 pm »
tbh I don't know why I posted that picture, I don't know what I'm looking at I just thought it'd be helpful

and I don't know a lot about guns, but I'm from Virginia and I've shot more than 20 different guns I'm pretty sure

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 02:29:41 pm »
Okay, I talked to my really experienced gun buddy. He says buy an American-made AK. Due to a couple laws, foreign AKs are supposed to have a certain amount of American-made parts before they can be imported, so buying an American-made AK is actually a safer bet.

He also heavily recommends the IO company I linked. He says do NOT buy anything from Century Arms no matter how much you save. They are crap.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 03:44:53 pm »
That actually isn't a bad price at all for the US AK. I have never fired an AK before, just an M4 and a glock. I would definitely want to try out a deagle before i paid 2grand for one and it ended up being a bit to much for me. But then i realize how 2grand for a pistol is just nuts.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 03:47:32 pm »
Ugh, why in the world do you have to sign up to see how you buy one off the IO site?

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 03:57:02 pm »
I would imagine the desert eagle isn't that fun to shoot

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • looking for new personal text
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 38.72" long.
  • has 794 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: im317
  • Ruler: im317
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »
a Desert Eagle is really a 2 handed pistol for 95%+ due to the massive recoil.
Silly child. You should know the RIA can't die. This place is like a zombie, but without a brain so even a head shot won't do it.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 11:17:53 pm »
just because it creates 1,800 ft·lbf doesn't mean i cant hold it in 1 hand...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Action_Express#Performance

also i literally cant figure out how to sign up for the IO sight kenny.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 11:21:12 pm »
Jesus... every 20 shots costs forty fucking dollars...
http://www.hornady.com/store/50-Action-Express-300-gr-XTP-HP/

Offline cctmsp13

• Viceroy
  • Funktuar
  • Viceroy of the RIA - Maru!
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 19.11" long.
  • has 318 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: korinekia
  • Ruler: cctmsp13
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 02:32:22 am »
.223 stuff like AR-15s is pretty common, so you aren't really going to get much cheaper then that.  AK also very common, so it's in that same price range.

If you just want to shoot stuff at a range, and have a tight budget, you can always go for .22 LR.  Ruger makes some very nice ones that you can get for under $300.  And the ammo is cheap enough you can get the gun and your first 1000 rounds for the same cost as the AK or AR.

Of course the con is it's just a 22LR.

I'm keeping this banner.

<cctmsp13[RIA]> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9U9qGGYmo
<Drummer[FF]> lmao
<Croix> what the fucking shit
<Croix> did i just click cctmsp13[RIA]
<cctmsp13[RIA]> not sure
<Croix> those two girls murdered a robot, and the robot seemed to enjoy it.
<cctmsp13[RIA]> oh that
<Croix> then they... i don't even know, charged up a portable generator on their vibrators?
<Croix> the fuck is wrong with you:X

cctmsp13, President of Korinekia
Viceroy of The RIA
Sovereign of the NPL

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 03:50:23 am »
It's not very fun to shoot for the opposite reason of a Desert  Eagle

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 09:11:57 am »
yeah, money isnt a huge issue, I just prefer to get a decent deal on quality stuff then buying one from some random person online for $700 because they say its 'like new'

Offline Mogar

• >Your Ad Here<
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • RIctuar
  • I am Mogar you see?
  • Awards Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Dave War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment
  • war boner is 21.79" long.
  • has 173 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mogatopia
  • Ruler: Mogar
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 12:48:38 pm »
You can get an AK chambered in 5.56, though at the moment I'm not sure it's cheaper ammo than 7.62 since 7.62 isn't commonly used by the military any longer.
[20:36:10] <@Jenne> I expect you to go full retard.  I'd talking to those who I have a reasonable expectation of following orders
Spoiler for Hiden:

]00 45 51[ <%Croix> look at me motherfucker im on a motherfucking boar
]00 46 05[ * Quits: %Xiphosis[GOD] (~XiphosisG@coldfront-5B5347D7.cust.wildblue.net) (Quit: Croix made me do it)
]00 46 05[ <%Lanna> XD
]00 46 19[ <%Mogar> Croix killed xiphosis more at 11
]00 46 43[ <%Croix> I just won cybernations

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 01:49:35 pm »
They seem to be priced fairly close together. And i like bigger bangs, so im not sure what the benefit would be? Its just a smaller round right?

http://gunnoob.com/RifleShotgunGuides/RifleBulletCartridgeGuide.aspx

http://herohog.com/images/guns/ammo/all_ammo_comparison.jpg

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317