Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Review: Avatar: The Last Airbender  (Read 2017 times)

Offline ಠ_ಠ King Death II ಠ_ಠ

• Trolley McTrollerson
  • RIctuar
  • Guy who sometimes does stuff.
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 14.05" long.
  • has 21 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Mah Nationz
  • Nation: The United America
  • Ruler: King Death II
Review: Avatar: The Last Airbender
« on: July 03, 2010, 11:06:50 pm »
Ok well I saw the movie today. Here is my .02 on it. AND NO ITS NOT FUCKING RACIST, JUST BECAUSE IT HAS A LOT OF INDIANS AND ASIANS IN IT DOES NOT MAKE IT A RACIST MOVIE!

1. Disregard the critics, they are just being assholes

2. Acting: (B-) The main actors for most of the movie are kids and their lines can be a little choppy or forced from time to time but otherwise, they did a good job.

3. Script and overall plot: (A+) Pretty much copied straight from the TV show. No complaints there, he did an awesome job of sticking to the show and he conveyed the scenes pretty well.

4. 3D Graphics: (B) Meh, honestly he didnt use 3D to the full potential. There isnt much that comes and tonics in your face and makes you go wow. The fight scenes are tame since its a PG movie but the bending of the elements and how its shown is spectacular.

5. Casting and Makeup: (A) The people who play the characters almost look like they have been torn from the show and put on screen.

6. Character Development: (C) Not that well done but honestly if he would have done more, it would have been a 4 hour long movie. Also it slightly assumes you know the general theme of the show and have at least seen the show

OVERALL GRADE: B-

Recommend to watch: Yea if you are a fan of the show or have free time. Keep in mind its a kids movie so its not gonna be anything spectacular.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!! Hes gonna make at least 2 more Avatar movies

C-zom

Re: Review: Avatar: The Last Airbender
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 01:41:28 am »
I saw one trailer for it and spent the next five minutes remembering it and laughing. It seriously looked that bad, that little kid was basically reading lines off a queue card. I have no idea what the source material is, but even with zero knowledge I can tell it got assed

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 01:53:39 am »
"We need to show them that we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in their beliefs."
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 07:22:08 am »
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. The TV show was amazing and I'd like to see someone else's take on it.
fuck off

Offline Lord Fingolfin

• The Order of the Paradox
  • Cactus
  • Visionary
  • Awards RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a diplomat Has been a Foreign Affairs director
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Dorthonion
  • Ruler: Lord Fingolfin
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:09:39 pm »
I'll give it a shot, always was a fan of the show
Proud Recipient of the Order of the Black Rose Donation of Respect

Director of the Cactuhova's Witnesses
Former TIFDTT War Coalition Triumvir, Former Proconsul of The Legion
The History of Dorthonion

C-zom

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 10:39:10 pm »
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. The TV show was amazing and I'd like to see someone else's take on it.

Either I'm hallucinating, or this is an enragedlobster post.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 11:41:04 pm »
Can it not be both?
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline SERGEANT LYNCH

• Captain America
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Awards Has been a diplomat
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Osean Republic
  • Ruler: Captain America
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 12:16:14 am »
i wonder if it showed sozens comet and if it shows the defeat of the fire lord

• Trolley McTrollerson
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • has 21 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Mah Nationz
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 01:52:04 am »
i wonder if it showed sozens comet and if it shows the defeat of the fire lord

Spoiler Alert: Nope, it just does the Book of Water

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 08:02:08 am »

Either I'm hallucinating, or this is an enragedlobster post.

You're hallucinating.
fuck off

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 12:37:53 pm »
lol @ fidiots saying that it is racist because they didn't cast people that look more asian. most anime characters don't look asian FACT. to say asians don't have different eyes or face bone structures is like saying africans arent' darker than europeans. the average anime asian is a different species than the average real asian, and looks more like an asian-western mix with oversize eyes. if airbender is racist, then most anime is also racist.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 06:22:30 pm »
Holy shit, I think I'm trippin' too zom.

Offline Ogaden

• Spammer of Inboxes
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • I wwebsite as on the internet
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Dave War Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 15.3" long.
  • has 490 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abtirsi.com
  • Nation: Ogaden
  • Ruler: James Dahl
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 09:21:25 pm »
They're racist because they didn't cast enough people with blue and pink hair and gigantic eyeballs like in the Anime
Ogaden, Spammer of Inboxes, Giver of Happy Endings, Retard Savant, Buzzkill Extraordinaire, Protector of Mexico.
:ria:

bioakky

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 09:27:26 pm »
They're racist because they didn't cast enough people with blue and pink hair and gigantic eyeballs like in the Anime
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3343/ohugaden.jpg
Review: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 07:12:32 pm »
it's almost inevitable that some day a race of real people will exist that look like anime characters; in some dark corner of a star system colonized by the descendants of asian space settlers, they will be grown in labs as pleasure dolls and anime museum theatric reenactors. over the centuries some will escape or be set free by their owners when they grow too large for the cage. they will form their own civilization that will far outlast our own. they'll teach their children about us through twisted parables and quasi religious creation myths. the point being, that they'll remember this movie. and they will resent us for it.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Trolley McTrollerson
  • RIctuar
  • has 21 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Mah Nationz

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317