Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I love this guy's Super Mario 64 videos.  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of Great War III Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
I love this guy's Super Mario 64 videos.
« on: May 31, 2015, 03:09:09 am »
Here's the typical way to beat "Mario Wings To the Sky"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExRHEwXJbfY

pannenkoek2012 likes playing Super Mario 64 without hitting the A button, however. This means, he can't talk to the pink Bob-ombs to get the cannon actually open in the first place.

But he still needs to get onto that island and through all 5 coin rings and then get the star all without hitting the A button. Well, you probably aren't going to guess the solution to this, so you should just watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcMlj8BwWE

An explanation for what the hell happens is at the end of the video.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:16:21 am by Hyperonic »

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of Great War III Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: I love this guy's Super Mario 64 videos.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:42:36 am »
SM64 - Snowman's Big Head - 0x A Presses: https://youtu.be/0LgUMkw51_4

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:24:24 am »
https://youtu.be/9xE2otZ-9os

Video detailing the science behind his ability to manipulate objects

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 01:02:35 pm »
Yeah, Tas video's are awesome. Especially when instead of just going for speed they go for style points.

This one has blown away many a folk. It was done live at AGDQ a few years back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcV9uIY5i4

please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:35:59 pm »
These aren't speedruns or TAS though. This is stretching the universe of the game into doing what we want.

This is finding and solving mysteries about one of the most tonicular games that no one knew existed.

https://youtu.be/rEBMaAoKRvw

Granted, a lot of this is similar to what a TAS may go through but the motive is pretty different.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:33:22 pm by Hyperonic »

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 02:29:47 pm »
https://youtu.be/5pmjLkuhwY0

A TAS of Mario 64 doesn't even bother collecting stars anymore and this guy is figuring out how to get all the stars with a broken controller and hailing Satan.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 04:48:30 pm »
He clearly says in the description that its a TAS...
"Picture of my setup for TASing: http://imgur.com/cJ0o9Et,hoh71Mr,8Q227S2,dIUMJu2,ps85iym,r39urch,DzWxYGp,V8cbI8E#6 "

And for the record there are plenty of TAS's that are not speedruns in the sense of nothing matters but speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOzbAHPmvM < original mario without running. (no B button)

https://youtu.be/fPuOFrpiboM < SNES Family Feud

https://youtu.be/KM41Q_Kc9HU < nindtendo DS Brain Age

http://tasvideos.org/Movies-C1001Y.html most of these are for fun over speed really.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:10:35 pm by Brian »
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 05:15:53 pm »
Oh okay bro I guess I missed the meeting where we decided to read video descriptions before posting excuse me

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »
Regardless this is fresh Mario 64 tech and I wanted to talk about what a great job I did finding this YouTube video

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 05:38:34 pm »
Also you messed up the link to the brain age video and I sort of want to see that

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 06:16:37 pm »
lol my bad (fixed previous post)
https://youtu.be/KM41Q_Kc9HU

and the video's are awesome. Not any less impressive with that its a TAS... TAS's are incredibly complicated and days weeks to make a simple run of a basic 2d walk right to win game. I honestly cant imagine how long it would take to do one of these...

https://youtu.be/xL6VE_5PddM <super mario 64 120 stars done by like 20 people.
and the same video but played on a real N64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFBGWrGT1E8

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 06:22:11 pm »
and because people might be interested, multiple games using the same input at the same time...
http://tasvideos.org/Movies-C2020Y.html (personal favorite is SNES Mega Man X & Mega Man X2 & Mega Man X3 (USA) "300%" in 43:51.02 by agwawaf.)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:08:04 pm by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 06:24:30 pm »
holy crap. did you see this guy you linked to has a whole series on not using the joystick as well...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAtIO1oER5Y&list=PLmvvhlevqC2eQj59B9Ri83iDiRI0jWBoI&index=2

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 09:24:38 pm »
I saw, but I didn't look at them yet because I didn't imagine it would be as awesome.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »
not as awesome to watch i guess, but just as technically impressive

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 06:40:41 am »
He also does no coin collection runs but I'd imagine those get boring too. He turns coins into stuff

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 01:52:18 am »
Swinging in the Breeze is my favorite no-a-button run I've seen so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-ZavEmkYI&feature=youtu.be

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 10:11:22 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A</a>

so i check back up on this guy every so often, the amount of work put into this stuff is just insane.

the $1000 bounty he poasted is still up for grabs btw.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317