Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Im not crossing dicks here, but any of you nimrods know much bout cars?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
<_<

rebuilding an engine yourself vs having someone else rebuild the engine vs replacing the engine.

Pros, cons, benefits.

I already know its complicated, spendy, and time consuming.
Zpilot21: if i get a call from you, im gonna murder your dog
Zpilot21: >_>
Moth: Zeep, no!
---
Zeep: you hate my dog so much, you hate it into non-existance!
Moth: :D
---
Zpilot21: im sorry!
Moth: That's intolerable! You're being put on the RIA's perma-ZI list!
Zpilot21: ;_;
---
Quote from: Leo
okay?
---
***This spot is my tribute to Flask***
**Dont tell him he has a tribute from me though**

Offline SWAT128

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative One year of Random Insanity Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 2.37" long.
  • has 28 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: SWATLand
  • Ruler: SWAT128
Im not crossing dicks here, but any of you nimrods know much bout cars?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 03:30:51 am »
Really would depend on the car and what's wrong with the engine.

October 08 - May 09

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:12:05 am »
Ok what you gotta do is get your phonebook. Look up "Automages". Call up the best one you find. This guy knows what the fuck. He'll read the second incantation in your manual scroll while you keep the cross rays active.

Go down to your local alchemy supply depot and grab a bundle of voodoo totems. While you're at it, swing by and pick up a pack of Sughopatamori™ brand Earth+Water Runes. You're gonna want these to contain and channel the flow of energy from the cloud formation above you into the molten pentadecagon.

Wait, I just looked over your post again. You're willing to rebuild the engine? Oh, this is only for replacing the engine. If these items are not within your budget, it's likely much cheaper to get someone to rebuild the thing for you.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:59:16 am »
dunno whats wrong with the engine...its not my problem just yet, and it might never be my problem...

BUT me and my pal are bored to hell and wanna do something constructive...so we may spend a few hours learning how to fuck up a car.

<_<

The said car is a 92 Celica GT
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • Awards Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Myrrh
  • Ruler: Akito
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:13:14 am »
92 Celica? You running boost on it?

You can either get it fixed, or do a swap if the problem is really bad. But if you have a good set-up, just try to fix it.  Is it not starting or what?

And if you do get a swap, see if you can drop a 1JZ in it and get it boosted, single.

Or if you want a new ride, I have a friend in japan who can get you hooked up. RHD, good shit babe.

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:17:56 am »
XD

its just an old car someone in the family is giving for us to waste some time on.

From what im told, it has no get go, is not reliable, burns oil, and is over 200K miles on it.

other then that, its stock
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline SWAT128

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative One year of Random Insanity Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 2.37" long.
  • has 28 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: SWATLand
  • Ruler: SWAT128
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:00:32 am »
If you don't really care, just take apart the engine and learn how to fix things yourself. It's a good way to learn how it works and will make you life easier should you ever have car troubles in the future.

October 08 - May 09

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:05:15 am »
Replacing it is definately too costly for an old car because it won't take long for other parts to start failing, then you've got a giant money sink. Unless you get it from another old car, in which case you'll be back here in a couple of years. You should also know that car engines are not that simple really, even (slightly) older ones. If you take it to pieces there's a very good chance you won't get it back together again.

On the other hand it's a great way to learn how they actually work and if it's going to get trashed anyway then what have you got to lose? I would find a mate or family that know a bit about this stuff cos it'll go a long way. Also it may not end up being very costly at all, depends on what the problem is.

So yeah...

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 08:28:26 am »
The list of things that could be wrong with it is longer that Tase's schlong.  No power and burning oil could be as simple as needing new rings, or something much more serious.  All of your options are probably expensive.

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War IIDA Graduate and Cadet One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 3.36" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Neo Celtia
  • Ruler: Rorick
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 02:24:46 pm »
Quote from: ZPO4O
The said car is a 92 Celica GT

You're thinking of possibly fucking up a celica? Those are decent spots cars. My dad had a '89-'91 Celica, and from what I've heard, it was sweet when he got it new, was pretty good even in the later years even. Although when you hit a wet patch and skidded, you could only pray to god.

As for anything that might rebuild it, I got nothing. Though, as stated, get it back to prime condition, and it'd be an awesome sports car. That is all.

Officer of  :florida:: 6/11-12/11

http://www.armedforcesinsignia.com

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 12:20:34 am »
How much you want to drop on it? Depending on your budget, then what you should do will be clear.

If you want to, get it modded and boosted.  It'll be fast and sexy.

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 08:15:34 am »
Quote from: Myrrh
It'll be fast and sexy.
92 Celica

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 08:16:01 am by ganon5 »

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 09:29:04 am »
nimrod was a mighty hunter who built the city of babylon.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 04:09:40 pm »
Only problem with doing much to the car is from what I understand, parts are getting hard to find now that they no longer make celicas.
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 02:04:35 am »
I'm talking about after market parts imported from Japan. I know plenty of suppliers.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 06:55:30 am »
I don't think this is the type of engine you want to be modding.  If you swap it out maybe, but I think getting it running is about all you can hope for with the current engine.

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 08:14:53 am »
Well, I did say to swap it on one of my earlier post. Otherwise complete engine rebuild, but a swap is better.

Offline Popsicle

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
  • Nation: ShowTime
  • Ruler: ItsShowTime
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 07:10:56 pm »
Swaps better, Plus then you can drop something else in!

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317