Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Unhinged maniac brings gun into hospital because his son is braindead  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
http://kfor.com/2015/12/22/father-brings-gun-to-hospital-to-buy-time-for-his-brain-dead-son/

HOUSTON – A Texas father has been released from jail after police say he brought a gun to a hospital to stop the staff from taking his son off of life support.

In January, George Pickering II’s son was declared “brain dead” after he suffered a massive stroke.

When the hospital ordered a “terminal wean,” which is a process that slowly ends a person’s life by removing life support, Pickering decided he needed to do something to stop them.

“They were moving too fast. The hospital, the nurses, the doctors,” Pickering told KPRC. “I knew if I had three or four hours that night that I would know whether George was brain-dead.”

Pickering grabbed a gun, walked into the hospital and became locked in a stand-off with police.

He admitted to being drunk and aggressive that night, but said it was only because he knew there was still some life left in his son.

During the standoff, Pickering says he got the signs he was hoping to see in his son.

“During that three hours, George squeezed my hand three or four times on command,” Pickering told KPRC.

After hours of negotiation, Pickering surrendered peacefully.

“There was a law broken, but it was broken for all the right reasons. I’m here now because of it,” said Pickering’s son, George III. “It was love, it was love.”

He was charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

One of the charges has been dismissed and the other was lessened.

Pickering was given credit for the time he served in jail and was released in December.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Unhinged maniac brings gun into hospital because his son is braindead
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:57:34 am »
this topic goes against the liberal echo chamber and got no replies

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 04:20:41 am »
that's actually a pretty good story

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »
I don't know. The headline is absolutely fucking horrible and totally leaves out that the man saved his son's life.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:36:44 pm »
well yeah. people are attached to the evil gunmen narrative. more people die by lightning strike than by mass shootings but for some reason the news isn't scrambling to cover lightning strike deaths. if you can't blame anyone for it then it's not political ammunition for the culture wars

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 03:02:31 am »
you know what kills more people than mass shooters

negligent profit-based hospitals

i have a huge issue with hospitals and they've hurt me and my family. i could literally be sued for saying that they killed both my grandmothers and almost me

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 03:04:25 am »
oh whoooooooops

i didn't wash my hands silly me i only work in a fucking hospital

don't mind me im an overrespected doctor who is going to tell you whats wrong with you and set your treament plan in 10 minutes and disappear faster than batman

god damn obamacare is the problem. not me, the nurse who forces a 70 year old lady to get up to use the bathroom even though she is on strict bed rest because she is taking medicine that literally gives her a stroke if she stands up

oh WHOOOPS somehow we gave your grandmother a prion. uh wait did i say that no i didnt and uh idk what the problem is.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:07:00 am by Hyperonic »

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 01:19:36 pm »
sometimes I think democrats fear big business so they turn gov't into one, and republicans fear big gov't so they hand it over to the businesses. either way is just a different place for the corruption.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 01:21:14 pm »
maybe that's not accurate though because they both create a bigger government. it's like a two headed monster, they talk different but whatever they eat goes to the same body and it's all the same shit.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 01:22:24 pm »
ok I'm done complaining. here's hoping we get a libertarian candidate some day. and more power to the local gov'ts so that people start to really care and get involved with the local issues and then it will start to act like a democracy

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 01:54:09 pm »
Eh. I can't compare the two parties very much especially when one of them acts like literal comic book villains.

And I lost my faith in libertarianism after seeing that literally every libertarian in politics gets behind the Republicans as soon as they have no change in an election. Even Ron Paul.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 04:46:34 pm »
I wonder, and maybe this is crazy, but I wonder what would happen if people had a ghandi-style peaceful secessionist movement. create an actual libertarian state and then work from there.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 05:32:10 pm »
I doubt it. The moment you try getting libertarians to do anything to resist the government and idiots will fill the ranks and try to bring guns into it.

Also, the media is too effective at labeling people as crazy or pointless: see occupy wallstreet

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 06:05:05 pm »
hm. people wouldn't be so apathetic if things got bad enough. and the media is losing credibility as time goes on.

if the movement is expressly about peaceful resistance as a way to juxtapose citizen responsibility against the irresponsibility of a chaotic government, I think you'd have enough distinction to ward off anyone wanting to hijack it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:10:16 pm by Jake from State Farm »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 06:11:57 pm »
also if it's secessionist it's based on one location, and then you could name the movement based on that location -- it would be harder for people to try and make it something global and then discredit you by association.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 11:05:42 pm »
How about the Northwest Secessionist Forces (NSF)

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:04 am »
I don't know, I'm not so familiar with DeusEx lore. but northwest is a bit too general of a location for what I was saying. for example if you had a label like 'secessionists of (your county's name)' then it'd be harder for the media to lump you in with everyone else. they'd have to come up with their own terminology, which of course they do, but at least they aren't able to overwrite your terminology.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Alfred von Tirpitz

• The Bear Cavalry
  • Cactus
  • Awards Forever Proliferating ♥ Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation
  • war boner is 12.86" long.
  • has 4 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: K252strin
  • Ruler: Alfred von Tirpitz
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 02:46:44 pm »
Hospitals are more money making places than healing places.

Case in point a neighbor went in for a consult regarding possible gall bladder stone surgery. More to calm down her nerves than anything. The cheif of surgery that she met, hear her talk then said, great, we can schedule your stone removal at the same time as we do your bariatric procedure (staple your stomach to make it smaller). Bastard was trying to upsell a major procedure to her, something she had never even considered till then. Now she thinks its a cureall for all that ails her.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 02:59:14 pm »
I don't know, I'm not so familiar with DeusEx lore.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xcPoH3plM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xcPoH3plM</a>

god damn I posted this as a joke but this game came out in 2000 and the World Trade Centers are missing because they were destroyed in a terrorist attack and that kid says kill the top 1 percent.

Hospitals are more money making places than healing places.

Case in point a neighbor went in for a consult regarding possible gall bladder stone surgery. More to calm down her nerves than anything. The cheif of surgery that she met, hear her talk then said, great, we can schedule your stone removal at the same time as we do your bariatric procedure (staple your stomach to make it smaller). Bastard was trying to upsell a major procedure to her, something she had never even considered till then. Now she thinks its a cureall for all that ails her.

can't wait until it is like Deus Ex and I can have my vision augmentation put in at the same time as my small stomach augmentation
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:03:05 pm by Hyperonic »

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 03:17:40 pm »
But god that really pisses me off. Fucking Chief of Surgery, too. Typical.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 49 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317