Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: The cult leader is dead! Long live the cult leader!  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
The cult leader is dead! Long live the cult leader!
« on: October 06, 2011, 07:30:50 am »
For the few independent thinkers still left out there, please join me in celebrating the death of Steve Jobs. 

His minions will surely press on selling apples, but none could be as monopolistic and hateful of their customers and the #2 snake, now dead and hopfully forgotten shortly.

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Earthly Heaven
  • Ruler: Salmia
Re: The cult leader is dead! Long live the cult leader!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:52:41 am »
I don't believe in celebrating anyone's death even if I dislike Apple technology. He was only 56 and died of a long battle of cancer.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:33:54 am »
He was a thief and a charlatan who crushed the dreams of other aspiring inventors.  An arrogant elitist who framed his products as the "people's" products, but priced them out of their grasp.  Instead of bringing people together through technological innovation, he drove them apart, and highlighted the difference between the rich and the poor.  He worked for the 'haves' and against the 'have-nots', which was easy for him since he came from the 'haves'.  He invaded the privacy of millions.  He popularised the use of cell phones (a know carcinogen) for kids, and may eventually be responsible for shortening the lives of tens of thousands. 

I would have shot him myself to put him out of his suffering.  In the face.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:13:48 am »
Troll harder faggot
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:36:47 am »
I guess you are a member of the cult - as I said, independent thinkers only please.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 11:41:55 am »
Nah, fuck Apple. Fuck Apple right in the ear.

And fuck you too.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 5.49" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: uhStoneYuh
  • Ruler: Rezin99
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 12:03:17 pm »
Lul, UI thought I was the only one who felt this way. Ironically it sort of makes us the hipsters  :horrified:

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »
despite my hatred for Steve Jobbs, I won't celebrate his death.

He is(was) one of the people I despise most in this world, but that doesn't mean his death is a reason to celebrate.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

C-zom

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 06:46:45 pm »
This topic is fucking embarrassing.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 08:47:13 pm »
This topic is fucking embarrassing.

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 09:33:16 pm »
Guess what? The world is full of corrupt people, he didn't kill anyone, the world is unfair. Welcome to life. Wishing death on anyone doesn't make you any better though.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 03:13:29 am »
Guess what? The world is full of corrupt people, he didn't kill anyone, the world is unfair. Welcome to life. Wishing death on anyone doesn't make you any better though.

Bravo on you Mia for your hippy tolerance.  I am very happy that Hitler, Pol Pot, and Saddam Hussein are dead.  I would have shot them in the face too - in their cases 2-3 times.  Steve Jobs only deserves 1 bullet.  So, same scale, different ranges.  The fact that he did not kill anyone with his own hands is not the issue; death is a part of life and not the saddest part - far sadder is what dies within a person while they live, and he is responsible for a lot of that. 

And as I said, popularising cell phones for children, when their cell-division process is at its peak (and therefore susceptibility to cancer), might not kill them on the spot, but could be more insidious in the long run.  Not to mention the dreams and aspirations of the kids whose parents can't afford the Apple bling, and get conditioned to shelve those dreams because so many things in their lives are out of their reach.  Highlighted by Apple.

Apple has become what people feared Microsoft would become - an abusive, overbearing, monopolistic blight on the competitive landscape (ok MS is some of those things, but not all).  In fact, all the warning signs were there a long time ago - Steve Jobs actually lost out when he was on the ground floor of the PC market because of his anti-competitive, closed-source business philosophies.  What a loser, and the results were fair at that time.

When we finally shucked the BS of record distribution companies, he got into bed with them to screw consumers out of more of their money.  I can't install Apple's operating system on my computer without buying his hardware (or going through a painful BIOS modification process, all so Apple doesn't have to compete and so they can further screw customers.

But worst of all are the mindless drones he made out of his customers - I don't care what your phone can do - it's not like you invented it, you just bought it - anyone can do that.  What a retarded consumer frenzy.  The only compliments I can offer are the same as I would offer Hitler for whipping people up into mindless obedience.  Very few of them are creative - in that they don't actually create anything of value, yet they arrogantly think that because they have an Apple product that makes them creative.

Steve Jobs was the consumerist equivalent of a cult leader or a religious fundamentalist - dangerous at best and insidious at worst.  But he still only gets one bullet.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 03:31:10 am »
Did you just fucking equate Steve Jobs with Hitler?

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War Has donated money for the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 05:08:50 am »
Hate the game, not the player.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 5.49" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: uhStoneYuh
  • Ruler: Rezin99
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 10:23:01 am »

Yeah? how do you know?

he may not have killed anyone..........

directly

Offline Lucy

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
  • Awards Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 1.79" long.
  • has 19 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Diamonds
  • Ruler: Lucy in the Sky
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 10:31:54 am »

I read this topic with the intention of responding, but after reading bum's signature and the above statement, I've decided that it's pointless. I'll only say that disguising "people who agree with me" as "independent thinkers" isn't going to fool anyone here.

Anything I could say, Mia could say better, so I'll let her post in this topic for me, because she pretty much hits the nail on the head every time.

<%Crazyman93> I think Lucy just out nerded me

Offline Ogaden

• Spammer of Inboxes
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • I wwebsite as on the internet
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Dave War Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 15.3" long.
  • has 490 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abtirsi.com
  • Nation: Ogaden
  • Ruler: James Dahl
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 12:33:22 pm »
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Ogaden, Spammer of Inboxes, Giver of Happy Endings, Retard Savant, Buzzkill Extraordinaire, Protector of Mexico.
:ria:

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 01:48:18 pm »
I really have no wish to get into a long argument but I find people who hate upon specific people who run corporations as misguided because we are consumers and equating them to Hitler? Seriously?

I am not a hippie but wishing death upon a public figure? It makes you no better. Sure you have a target but you're not really thinking through the entire system, no one person is responsible for our corrupt world and every single one of us contributes to it in a way. I am a realist, not a hippy, I just don't find it worth my time to wish death on someone or have such vehement hate for someone you don't even personally know. Going so far to wish death on them? He fought cancer, he didn't kill anyone, to equate him to the level of Hitler, Stalin and other mass murderers.. that is just unbelieveable. I have no wish to continue along this line of argument. I made my point, we will agree to disagree. I am not making attacks on your character or calling you a hippy like you deign me. I merely believe in setting principles and living by them. Sure I dislike people but there is a difference between not liking someone and wanting their death.

Yeah? how do you know?

he may not have killed anyone..........

directly

You know I could go into how we all kill someone indirectly by being consumers and supporting the market that starves children in Africa and how merely buying a bottle of water could make you an accomplice in murder across the world. However, that is stretching it and I am not really someone who wants to make that argument. We all easily could be argued supporters of killing someone indirectly. Steve Jobs is no different than any one of us.

I read this topic with the intention of responding, but after reading bum's signature and the above statement, I've decided that it's pointless. I'll only say that disguising "people who agree with me" as "independent thinkers" isn't going to fool anyone here.

Anything I could say, Mia could say better, so I'll let her post in this topic for me, because she pretty much hits the nail on the head every time.

Oh please, you are just as eloquent.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 03:46:00 pm »
yeah.......

I'm going to have to side with mia and Lucy on this one...

I do not like apple, I do not like them at all, I would even go so far as to say i hate everything apple has ever created/endorsed/stood for since the apple II came out. and Steve jobs was the cause of most of this dislike. Am i glad he stepped down from CEO? sure am. Am i glad he died? hell no. Just because someone does something you do not like does not mean its ok to celebrate his death...

You claim he has *most likely* given cancer to thousands of children because of the proliferation of cellphones during the adolescent/teen years. I'm not sure where you live, but most 'kids' that have cell phones that i see arnt iphones, they are "dumb-phones" or androids. I don't see what the iphone itself had to do with this, its simply a requirement in today's society to be able to call or text at any time. Ive had a cellphone since i was 15(ish). Never had anything but your basic free dumb-phone. That was before the first iphone came out.

I would respond to the rest of your shenanigans, but i grew bored reading your RAEGRAEGRAEGRAEG post.

tl;dr hate the game not the playah
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 04:33:49 pm »
     You claim he has *most likely* given cancer to thousands of children because of the proliferation of cellphones during the adolescent/teen years. I'm not sure where you live, but most 'kids' that have cell phones that i see arnt iphones, they are "dumb-phones" or androids. I don't see what the iphone itself had to do with this, its simply a requirement in today's society to be able to call or text at any time. Ive had a cellphone since i was 15(ish). Never had anything but your basic free dumb-phone. That was before the first iphone came out.

The whole "phones causing cancer" thing is bullshit anyway.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904800304576472232980823392.html

A European study involving nearly 1,000 participants has found no link between cellular-phone use and brain tumors in children and adolescents, a group that may be particularly sensitive to phone emissions.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317