Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: fallout shelter plays like a mix of dwarf fortress and xcom  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
fallout shelter plays like a mix of dwarf fortress and xcom
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:54:44 am »
except it has radthings trying to kill you all the time, instead of normal things. anyone else play this? I started a week or so ago. most polished mobile game I've played.

(article describing weird things you can do)
http://kotaku.com/10-messed-up-vault-experiments-you-can-try-in-fallout-s-1713122782

here's an excerpt:

I only give a dweller a name if they have at least one special above 2, and the name is based on whatever ability it is. Steven has a high strength, Lucy has a high luck, Catherine a high charisma, and so on. There are no last names. Those who don’t have high skills are called Worker #xx, 0-99. Only named dwellers can breed with other named dwellers, and Workers with Workers. If a worker has a child with a high special, they are still called worker because their bloodline is impure. The only way a worker can get a name is if they go into the wasteland and bring back enough items to help the community. However, their names will only begin with W, for wasteland, and still can only breed with workers, or other Wastelanders.

^ the funny thing is, it kind of makes sense to have a caste system like ants, since it is in effect an ant nest trying to survive a harsh environment

they recently implemented deathclaws and molerats so here are some super useful threads for surviving

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1531962-easy-deathclaw-battles-no-more-dweller-deaths/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1533060-special-what-do-they-really-do/

NOTE: this game is large for mobile devices and regularly died on my tablet. which is especially rough during lagclaw raids or molerat orgies.

you can run it just fine on PC using the bluestacks android emulator, which is free. and you can backup your saves or switch them between devices. but I dont think you can sync your saves in game.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:36:05 am by Jake from State Farm »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: fallout shelter plays like a mix of dwarf fortress and xcom
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 04:33:16 am »
its never the wrong time for a pickup line

http://i.imgur.com/aikNwhg.jpg

vault dwellers love having fire extinguisher fights

http://i.imgur.com/fgiWe7s.jpg

life is hard for a single mother in the vault

http://i.imgur.com/p2hMrpn.png
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:34:47 am by Jake from State Farm »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Five years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 07:21:30 am »
got into this for about 3 days, stopped after that. guess i cant do mobile gaming anymore

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »
yeah, im just not down for the time based gameplay... so boring...
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »
I still play it occasionally because it's easy to pick up in short 3 minute bursts. It's pretty damn boring though. A single day with the game and you've seen literally everything it has to offer.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 10:23:20 pm »
would seriously benefit from PVP. it seems like a beta. but I often get a lot of replayable enjoyment out of building games.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 31 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317