Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Not getting hired? It's probably the Kronos Online Questionnaire.  (Read 2206 times)

C-zom

Because it does not work. During an application to a restaurant as a Host position I had a glowing interview and Outstanding marks on my interview paper by the General Manager. He went on to lie about a reason I can't be hired, and sent me home. I went home and a friend working there told me "lol you failed the bull**** test". Laughing, I told him you CAN'T fail those. They're monkey-tier questions. He laughed again and said, "Oh, you can. You'd never believe how. Agree and Disagree aren't answers, they're red flagged."

So I've done research. More people need to know this so they can actually get jobs and have success.

http://melbel.hubpages.com/hub/Unicru

Answers are never just agree or disagree. They are either strongly agree or strongly disagree even though any normal person would just say a simple agree or disagree for some of the questions.

------

Now I know why I didn't get the job: I answered honestly.

These tests should be banned. They screen for sociopathic, egotistical liars and give them full points, instead of looking for honest people who naturally wouldn't always Strongly Agree or Strongly Disagree because they are human.

----

These tests are unfair to ability or competence. The real sad thing is how many good qualified people are being screened out of these jobs. With the economy the way it is the last thing we need is another completely arbituary wall set up these "personality" tests.

----

And thousands more comments. If you're struggling to find a job and are pumping out these online applications, this could be why no one is calling you. Because you Agreed. You didn't Strongly Agree.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Not getting hired? It's probably the Kronos Online Questionnaire.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:58:19 pm »
Huh

Now that is interesting.

This is why I like working for small business.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:30:45 pm »
I agree with this post

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

aithne

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:31:21 pm »
I'm not surprised. I'm infuriated. But I can't tear up an online application, so my anger is wasted.

C-zom

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:28:57 am »
I'm literally so mad that this has been losing me job after job that I'm speechless but whatever. Just, fucking, whatever.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:16 am »

No, because you answered dispassionately.  The fact that you think you need to be dishonest to seem passionate is to compound the problem.  Nobody wants to hire a robot, or a liar.

You should be asking yourself why you are applying for a job that you don't want so much that you struggle for breath, much less the right words, when you talk about it.

If they built a questionnaire on your dream job, don't you think you would have stronger answers?

Don't mean to kick you while you are down, but I am long past the point where I would settle for just a job.  I would rather starve to death than waste my time making some other asshole rich off my misery.

aithne

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:36:22 pm »
Except the questions they ask aren't about the job, they're about you. If you aren't really that social, why would you put down that you're VERY social? Or shit like that...

C-zom

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 05:45:05 pm »

No, because you answered dispassionately.  The fact that you think you need to be dishonest to seem passionate is to compound the problem.  Nobody wants to hire a robot, or a liar.

You should be asking yourself why you are applying for a job that you don't want so much that you struggle for breath, much less the right words, when you talk about it.

If they built a questionnaire on your dream job, don't you think you would have stronger answers?

Don't mean to kick you while you are down, but I am long past the point where I would settle for just a job.  I would rather starve to death than waste my time making some other creeper rich off my misery.

Uh, those quotes aren't from me, they're from the few thousand people in a rampage on that sites comments box. Read through them if you want to get a taste for real world suffering in a first world job economy. They're just figurative examples of how asinine this quiz is, and how it only selects robotic morons and sheeps who use the cheat sheets. There is NO SUCH THING AS A WRONG PERSONALITY, but now corporate america wants you to believe there is.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »
Wait, so you don't fit the personality profile that a company wants to hire, so it's their fault you don't get the job?  And how does this effect the economy again?  They are hiring someone right?  So they are doing their part for the economy, just not your individual economy. 

I had an phone interview with a company several years back who gave me a few of these types of questions.  At the end they told me that I had all the right experience, but they were not going to take me to the next phase of the process because I said I didnt think it was important for people to like me.  While I completely disagree with this being relevant, it's their company and they have the right to base their hirings on anything they want. 

aithne

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 08:28:31 pm »
Except they're not hiring people who are best for the job based on the skills, they're hiring people based off which button you clicked. Idk. It pisses me off that I'd be awesome for a job and probably do it better than anyone else and I don't get the job because someone else's buttons were pressed better.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »
That's just the first screening, and just because you have the skills does not mean you will fit in.  And you really have no way of knowing what skills others may or may not possess. 

aithne

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 12:40:56 am »
My confidence levels really suck. So when I say I'll be the best for the job, I mean it. :P Anything animal related I excel at.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 03:16:29 am »
Except the questions they ask aren't about the job, they're about you. If you aren't really that social, why would you put down that you're VERY social? Or shit like that...
Uh, those quotes aren't from me, they're from the few thousand people in a rampage on that sites comments box. Read through them if you want to get a taste for real world suffering in a first world job economy. They're just figurative examples of how asinine this quiz is, and how it only selects robotic promelons and sheeps who use the cheat sheets. There is NO SUCH THING AS A WRONG PERSONALITY, but now corporate america wants you to believe there is.

Don't worry - I got that, but you picked this item out among thousands.

Get over your self-importance and sense of entitlement. 

If they are hiring for a sales job, guess what, you need to be social.  If they are hiring for any job that requires teamwork, guess what you need to be social.  In fact, you need to be social for just about any job except a shepherd.

And the questions were actually not that much about sociability - they seem to be more about accountability, determination, and service to others.  In fact, I think they do a great job of weeding out self-importance and self-entitlement.

I am a sales trainer for a major multi-national company, and I have seen and participated in many personality tests - they really don't lie.  In fact, most are designed to check if you are giving dishonest answers, which is the reason for having so many questions.  BTW if any company does this kind of test, you probably have the same odds as just dropping your CV off in a box. 

I applied for the job I am in now online, from Canada, to work in Belgium.  As soon as I applied, I did some research online and found out the phone number of the most likely hiring manager's office, and called the switchboard.  I asked them to direct me to the hiring manager, but I had the wrong office, so they gave me another switchboard number.  So I called again, and isolated the hiring manager's name, but he was not in.  I got his email address, and emailed him personally, attaching 2 letters of reference, titled the email "Getting past the electronic gatekeeper", stated my purpose clearly and succinctly, and asked if we could chat in the next week. 

He did not answer for a week, so I followed up with another email, to which he replied "How did you get my name?" (ie that was all he wrote in the email), to which I replied "I will tell you over the phone, and you will find it interesting."  I got 10 minutes with him by phone, and when we spoke, he looked up my application online, and saw that it had been rejected out of hand because I was not an EU citizen (which was exactly what I expected would happen). 

I asked him if he preferred to hire an EU citizen or someone who had the right experience and was determined to excel in a job they passionately wanted.  I connected with him over LinkedIn, offered to do a personality test, which I did.  They made me an offer, and I negotiated for a good amount more.

This is the second time I have done this kind of thing for an overseas job, which is the hardest kind of job to get.  The previous time, I actually paid to have a personality test done, and sent the results to the hiring manager to get him on board...  I had to do that because I had practically no experience for the job and could only make the case that I was determined, transparent, and clever enough to break down the fucking artificial walls organizations put up to dissuade the less passionate.

For another job, I created a 10 page market analysis of the company, with a tactical plan on how to increase their sales, specifying the actions I would take in the first year if they hired me.  That won me an interview, and in the interview, they asked me technical questions to which I did not know the answer.  I told them I didn't know, but would get the answer within 24 hours.  The guy who asked the questions, just shut his book as if to signal that the interview was over, (he was the technical guy in the equation), so I asked "Is it important to know this?"  He fluffed a little, and said, "well, of course it is", to which I answered, "Then I will learn."  The VP took advantage of the situation, and asked the best interview question I have ever been asked, "How will you learn?"  I answered "I will read the internet, consult trade publications, and if I can't find the answer, ask a colleague."  If I had answered "Well, don't you offer training?", the interview would certainly have been over and I would not have had the job, which I wanted very badly.

If you take a job you feel passionately about, it really doesn't feel like work.  It feels like fulfilment.  It is like getting laid versus being in love.  Actually more like getting laid with the one you love.

C-Zom I don't know shit about you, but here is my read of you: you are an analytical person, who values precision, strategic insight, and pragmatism over what-if.  Direct accountability is not your thing.  You are more of a prima donna than a teamplayer.  You believe in universalism - ie fair systems and procedures, over particularism - ie preferential treatment.  You are probably an engineer, and if you are looking for a marketing or sales job, choose marketing.  Good market analysis is hard to do, and is the basis of strategy for any company big or small.  A retail job is not for you - it makes you a stationary target who has to be switched on at all times, bubbly, and a supreme tactician.  It would be a waste of your strengths.  There is such a thing as a wrong personality for a particular job.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:37:40 am by GrilledSlug »

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 10:15:38 pm »

C-zom

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 12:51:19 am »
Both of you are literally missing the point aithne and I are making, to the point where you're making gigantic asses out of yourself. Again, skim the article, read the comments. This is not about an automated questionnaire making or breaking your future. It is about the semantics of technical ass questions.

Will you be mean to customers? Disagree. WRONG. STRONGLY DISAGREE WAS RIGHT. Is not a proper way to screen people, and goes to show its just a diminishing returns/boyscout generator. I disagreed, shove your own head up your ass, there is no difference between disagreeing and REALLY disagreeing. That is our point. We had the right answer, just not right enough.

Try putting this in a real world scenario like a conversation.

"Yo C-zom go clean the tables."

"Sure thing boss."

"YOU'RE FIRED."

"Why!?"

"You didn't say 'absolutely with no questions asked, boss'"

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 04:52:33 am »
Diasagree would be totally wrong.  It means you are reserving the strongly disagree because you might be a little mean, or occasionally mean to customers.  Answering anything other than strongly disagree means you don't understand how important the behaviour is to the company.  The questionnaire is not a test, but an evaluation of your judgement, understanding, and principles.  All you need to do is prove that you know the right answers in theory.  If you fail in practice, they will just fire you.  But if you don't get the concept to start with, why should they risk putting you in front of their precious customers?

In a tough economy, you want people who will ABSOLUTELY never be mean to customers.  Even if you are only thinking it would only happen 1% of the time, the answer is not absolute.  Period.  If that translated to a 1% loss of customers, and a consequent 1% drop in revenues, for a company that makes a net operating margin of 10% (which is generous for retail in the current economy), that would translate to a 10% drop in profits.

Ask an olympian what he would do to run 1% faster.

C-zom

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 05:48:26 am »
You are trying to illustrate to me rather conceptually the life and rationalizing ideas behind the desk of a CEO and business. Specifically, the reason they dehumanize the application process in order to secure the perfect robotic worker. Obviously anyone with a brain understands that, it is not my point, and you are sadly missing mine again. It is severely obvious to anyone struggling in the job economy like myself or aithne or millions of others that brutal robotic efficiency, connections, good luck AND charisma are nescessary to secure what were considered "starter jobs" and "joke jobs" ten years ago. I was told I needed 2 connections and a years work experience to work at Mcdonalds, too.

You seem to be missing the point. I am not saying "Why do the corps do this?" I am saying that is is complete and utter bullshit, with 1984 directly around the corner.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 06:41:10 am »
Both of you are literally missing the point aithne and I are making, to the point where you're making gigantic asses out of yourself.
No, I get your point.  But you are absolutely wrong. 

also, lol post 6969.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:46:20 am by Jenne »

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 08:14:07 am »
I think the problem is, you are too hung up on the wording rather than the meaning.  Think about the choices this way

1 - No
2 - Not Really
3 - Sort of
4 - Yes

The middle two are non-committal answers, which are really the same.  They want you to be decisive. 

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317