Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Not getting hired? It's probably the Kronos Online Questionnaire.  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
Re: Not getting hired? It's probably the Kronos Online Questionnaire.
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »
No, C-Zom's right. No sane human is going to be able to truthfully answer "strongly (dis)agree" over "(dis)agree" to all or even most of these questions. It weeds out the honest people and brings in the arseholes, douchebags, and sociopaths (and the obnoxiously friendly waiters and waitresses at restaurants that nobody likes but some restaurants encourage for some reason that I can't fathom).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:17:00 pm by Untelligent »

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 03:31:37 am »
No, C-Zom's right. No sane human is going to be able to truthfully answer "strongly (dis)agree" over "(dis)agree" to all or even most of these questions. It weeds out the honest people and brings in the arseholes, douchebags, and sociopaths (and the obnoxiously friendly waiters and waitresses at restaurants that nobody likes but some restaurants encourage for some reason that I can't fathom).

No, it weeds out people who don't understand their potential employer.  It weeds out those who are not customer-centric.  It weeds out those who are too arrogant to beat a simple exercise, in which the potential emplyer is actually communicating what they want, and letting you do the test over and over until you get it right.  Once you get it right, you understand what they want, and if at that point you decide to continue with your application, and it really doesn't fit your particular moral dogma, then you are either dishonest or desperate.  If you reflect on what they want and it is OK with you, then you are truly an honest fit for their company.

You are trying to illustrate to me rather conceptually the life and rationalizing ideas behind the desk of a CEO and business. Specifically, the reason they dehumanize the application process in order to secure the perfect robotic worker. Obviously anyone with a brain understands that, it is not my point, and you are sadly missing mine again. It is severely obvious to anyone struggling in the job economy like myself or aithne or millions of others that brutal robotic efficiency, connections, good luck AND charisma are nescessary to secure what were considered "starter jobs" and "joke jobs" ten years ago. I was told I needed 2 connections and a years work experience to work at Mcdonalds, too.

You seem to be missing the point. I am not saying "Why do the corps do this?" I am saying that is is complete and utter oxshit, with 1984 directly around the corner.

It is not concept, it is reality - businesses are very complex to run, and a weak link at the front end can cause disaster for a company's profits.  If you understand your prey, you can strategize, if you can strategize, you can move on to appropriate tactics.

They are not dehumanizing the process, they are offering a way to communicate to you what they want.  A way for you to prove that you are intelligent enough to beat the system, because beating a system means mastering it, and this one is pretty simple...  If you can master this simple application process, maybe you can master other systems they use to run their business.  It is a game, and nothing more.  But if you think you are beat, then you are beat.

No company wants robotic workers, today they want people who can master robots.  A system like this is just a robot - it is your Kobayashi Maru.

BTW McDonald's has had that rule in place for ever.  I worked at Wendy's for a year because I got turned down by McD's, but I hadn't learned the game by then, so let me share some useful tips for getting a job at any starter location:

- Find out which shifts they have the hardest time filling.
- Show up to apply during those shifts (most likely early morning).
- Ask if you can speak to the manager for a few minutes.
- Be prepared to wait until the shift or rush period is over - don't leave, this is a demonstration of commitment.
- If they say you have no experience, offer to work for free for a week (they will never take you up on this for insurance reasons, but at least it is a valid response to an objection, and the conversation doesn't stop there).
- Offer to work on call, but state your objective to build your hours up to X per week.  This way you demonstrate humility, an eagerness to earn the hours, and goals.
- Have a good, but simple answer to the question "why do you want to work here?"  The 'honest' answer of course is "because I need a job", but a more practical one, which is just as truthful, is "to learn and prove myself, to be a member of a well-run team".  There is 'Truth' and 'truth'.

C-Zom, you are frustrated, and I understand this, but these are obstacles that you can break through or better yet move around.  Just as you would in any strategy game or FPS.

BTW 1984 already passed...

Offline Erwin Schrödinger

• Non Grata
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bermuda Islands
  • Ruler: Erwin Schrodinger
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:29 pm »
I understand both sides of the argument about the test and my current solution is... don't care, redoing my application to correctly answer questions, getting job. Thanks for the information. I expected the questionnaire to show the employer a broken down statistical analysis and all this deep stuff, including a bit of a counter-cheating mechanism (if all answers are strong, then likely cheating or lying, which the employer wouldn't want). Meh, makes no difference to me. Just a bit of extra time.
NG Tri of FA.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 06:45:05 am »
Why would strong answers indicate lying?  It is just a Yes or No.  Everything in between is gray.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 30 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317