Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Xbox Live Help and a $20 in game donation  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon!
    • View Profile
Xbox Live Help and a $20 in game donation
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:48:04 pm »
OK heres the problem guys, on Xbox Live i can never find a game on Gear of War, and on every game i play on-line it usually tells me my NAT settings are strict.

I have tried port forwarding with no success, idk what i am doing wron or if what i am doing is right. I just want to be able to play GOW again lol.

here is some in formation

1. I use BThomehub v1 as my main router.
2. In my room to manage all my connections i use a NETGEAR 4 port router
3. my xbox is connected to internet using an ethernet cable.

I dont know if any of this is useful, but if anyone can help me fix it you get a $20 in game donation.

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 04:07:08 pm »
I thought they took the support for GoW off.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 05:49:35 pm »
I'm going to ask the obvious question here: Are your NAT settings strict? Because your NAT should be open.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:00:43 am »
How do i set them as open though, i have opened all the ports required for xbl, its just there is on obvious option for my NAT settings to change things.

Offline deathman1212

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 02:35:52 pm »
Use a long ethernet cable between the homehub and you, I have mine right next to my Xbox and PC with the homehub v1 and it seems to work perfectly out of the box. Just turn off the homehub then on again and it should be Open once that is done.

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 04:10:44 pm »
I have a 20 meter cable straight to my room, have tried plugging it directly in to the box of x. All to no avail  

Offline deathman1212

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 03:03:38 pm »
You should have a phone line in your wall, plug the ADSL adapter into that. This will have slots for ADSL and phone, connect the ADSL bit to the bt homehub. Then from ethernet port 1 to the xbox. I run that perfectly.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:04:00 pm by deathman1212 »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317