Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: First day of Teaching: Completed  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
First day of Teaching: Completed
« on: January 11, 2014, 04:05:51 am »
It's a Game Design class, and it seemed to go well.  It's fucking 4 hours long though, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do in future classes.  Good new though, our "lab" is always playing videogames, so I LITERALLY GET PAID TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES AND WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY THEM.

One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: First day of Teaching: Completed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:10 pm »
lol, nirvana

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:40:55 pm »
Teach them the history of RIA. 

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:30:19 pm »
They'll love you if you let them go early sometimes.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 09:16:08 pm »
Its cool, you dont need any material for more lessons. you just kinda stop showing up after the first time so no worries there mate!
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:40:45 am »
That's one of the things I do for a living. 

Incidentally, I have an alpha version of a very complex web-based simulation ready as of a few days ago, and am currently looking for play testers.

There is no monetary reward in it for you, but I am an outstanding professional sales and business trainer, and I can assure you that you will learn something.  I am very attentive to feedback.

It is a multi-party, competitive, value chain game simulating the XXXX industry.  2 players each play competing manufacturers, 3 play distributors, and the rest are a mix of YYY manufacturers, YYY dealers, and XXXX dealers.

Each party creates supply and sales contracts with each other, and some parties can jump over each other by investing in a salesforce or a e-shop.  The game runs through 24 turns, where you set prices, buy stock, pay each other's bills (or don't)...  You make short term and long term investments...etc  Well, here is the official brief:

Description
The XXXX Industry Simulation will be primarily targeted at the Consumer sales force.  It is designed to simulate the MANU value chain, and demonstrate the pressures on price positioning and forecast accuracy.  It will take the place of many powerpoint presentations, and use experiential learning instead.  Participants will compete and collaborate with each other to win.

Organization
The Simulation consists of the following modules:
-   XXXX Dealership (already exists, but will be modified)
-   YYY Dealership
-   OEM YYY Manufacturer
-   Wholesaler / Distributor / e-retailer
-   XXXX Manufacturer
In each simulation, the participant will manage the relevant unit, attempting to maximize profitability and total company value.  Each unit will have the ability to conduct business transactions with each other, such as buying and selling XXXXs, invoice, make payments, create supply contracts…etc.
Product attributes will include label scores, and branding, which will result from decisions that the manufacturers make.  Parties in the value chain will be able to undercut their own distribution channels, which will trigger learning points.  Only Wholesalers will be able to enter into e-retailing.
The underlying economy can be adjusted to simulate different conditions.  Fluctuating demand from different types of consumers will form the basis of the economy (ie TMS…etc), and a product’s appeal to that segment can be molded by participant decisions.
Participants will each play different roles in several one-day sessions.  In follow on sessions, the participants will play different roles.  The curriculum for a given cluster will be to complete each of the relevant modules.
The simulation will be translated into 12 languages, which participants can switch to seamlessly throughout the session.  This will enable multi-lingual sessions to take place, and increase the possible trainer pool.

Course objectives:
- Experience TMS strategic concepts.
- To enable sales people to identify and quantify value in MANU’s extended value chain.
- To reinforce understanding of financials and business acumen.
- To motivate sales people to create, deliver, and capitalize on value.
- To improve product positioning and forecasting.

Course topics
The following materials will be delivered along with the simulation:
-   Forecasting for Sales (developed)
-   Pricing for Sales (in progress)
-   Supply Chain for Sales (developed)
-   Additional materials will be developed according to business priorities

Measures
- Centrally driven subscriptions
- Simulation completions
- Certification scores (end of year)
- Course Surveys

Apo, if you are interested in having your class play through when it is out of Beta (or at this stage), I will cover the licence costs in exchange for feedback.  This is a tool that will be used globally by a major multi-national that you all know, and you probably use their products.  It is the follow on to the most successful program ever done by this company, which was a far simpler simulation, rolled out globally, and my creation.  Last year I flew every where from Moscow to Bangkok to Johannesburg to Madrid and everywhere in between to deliver these kinds of simulations.  I love my life.

This space is remarkably small, and if you engage in this project, I may be able to give you some exposure with my supplier's partners in the US.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 01:46:07 pm »
Jurassic Park: Trespasser - Part 1/2 - Welcome to Paradise!

Offline Rey the Great

• Cactus
  • has 4 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Neo Uruk
  • Ruler: Rey the Great
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 08:26:31 am »
so like how many RIA members have teaching licenses because this makes me uneasy!

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:23:54 am »
I teach but I don't have a license.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 11:25:33 am »
I teach but I don't have a license.

Same here.

Offline Rey the Great

• Cactus
  • has 4 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Neo Uruk
  • Ruler: Rey the Great
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 05:11:15 pm »
that's somehow more comforting

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 06:41:54 pm »
GS, your game looks like a rip off of cookie clicker.

on a side note, obviously the manufacture will sell 1 unit at infinite price due to the end of the supply demand graph having an asymptote at 0 and infinite and simply stop. this will maximize his profits AND his total % money earned compared to that of his competitors. The competition will then fight over fractions of product X so they can perform the useless roll of middleman and taking money for nothing while fucking everyone else as much as possible. Sounds mildly entertaing to watch i guess.
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 04:37:12 am »
GS, your game looks like a rip off of cookie clicker.

on a side note, obviously the manufacture will sell 1 unit at infinite price due to the end of the supply demand graph having an asymptote at 0 and infinite and simply stop. this will maximize his profits AND his total % money earned compared to that of his competitors. The competition will then fight over fractions of product X so they can perform the useless roll of middleman and taking money for nothing while fucking everyone else as much as possible. Sounds mildly entertaing to watch i guess.

Cookie Clicker was indeed the main source of inspiration.  The strategic elements of that game put Civilization to shame.

The supply and demand engine is more realistic than what you describe.  The middleman has to create value to earn their keep, and can jump over their own customers by launching a website and selling directly to consumers.  The manufacturer can invesst in a salesforce, enabling him to jump over the middle man.  You can design and create new products and then brand them, and manage the production lines (switching incurs slowed productions and ramp ups).

It really is an awesome business simulation, used for serious purposes, and if noone wants to do the Alpha, I will have the finished version ready in a few weeks.  I could create an RIA event where you would play 1 turn per day for a month, which is a mode I want to experiment with.  Support would be via Skype.

Let me know if you are interested in playing - it is really fun, and intensely competitive, with a maximum of 22 players.

Offline Biff Webster

• RIAer
  • Cactuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Has been Head of Recruitment Formerly a member of Cult of Justitia Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 16.08" long.
  • has 141 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Wagglekfa
  • Ruler: Biff Webster
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 03:08:57 am »
Posted by Hyperonic

Offline Ogaden

• Spammer of Inboxes
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • I wwebsite as on the internet
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Dave War Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 15.3" long.
  • has 490 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abtirsi.com
  • Nation: Ogaden
  • Ruler: James Dahl
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:13 am »
This has inspired me to take up teaching
Ogaden, Spammer of Inboxes, Giver of Happy Endings, Retard Savant, Buzzkill Extraordinaire, Protector of Mexico.
:ria:

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 12:24:28 pm »
Yeah.  I am basing a simulation on that gif too.  Lots of charts.  Few deliverables.  But it will be inspiring.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317