Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Need some cheering up  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Two Years of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 3.36" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Neo Celtia
  • Ruler: Rorick
Need some cheering up
« on: April 15, 2012, 06:07:34 pm »
I had a job at the local ice cream place, got it about a month ago. I thought all was going well; the last few shifts I've worked (First ones that weren't "Training shifts", and essentially the only ones that I've worked the front) I've been getting better and faster at my job, more confident in my work. Well today they blindsided me by "letting me go" after today's shift, saying that while they liked the way I handled customers and my dedication to my job (I was ALWAYS early and ALWAYS left late), I wasn't "progressing fast enough" in my skills and speed, and it wouldn't be fair to myself or the customers if they kept me on. First I had heard of any problem.

Naturally I'm a little upset about this, and I thought this would be the the best place to see if anyone could cheer me up. So RIA, I've put my faith in you, don't let me down.

Officer of  :florida:: 6/11-12/11

http://www.armedforcesinsignia.com

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
Re: Need some cheering up
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »
Well, if you suck at making ice cream, Leo can always show you how to make a creampie.

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Two Years of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been a diplomat
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 08:10:22 pm »
I didn't suck, for such little time working I though I was decent, I just "wasn't progressing as fast" as they thought I should

As for Leo... I'm not sure I'd touch that with a 30' pole.

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:25:16 pm »
Cheer up buddy, sounds like you're really good with people, maybe you should try sales. Big money in sales.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:26:50 am »
I didn't suck, for such little time working I though I was decent, I just "wasn't progressing as fast" as they thought I should

As for Leo... I'm not sure I'd touch that with a 30' pole.

Fortunately, Leo will touch you with a 30' pole.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 12:38:07 am »
Well, in NZ, they can't do that to you since it's illegal. So I would say, take the bastards to court. But I have no idea about it in the States.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 01:28:23 am »
Well, in NZ, they can't do that to you since it's illegal. So I would say, take the bastards to court. But I have no idea about it in the States.
Shi- i was gonna say that... Well actually i was gonna say sue em, and leave it at that.

Oh well,

Rorick,  if you're as dedicated as you seem to be and you're good at economics, why don't you try IM?
Make a nice little interwebz business for yourself.
Ask me or brian if you need direction.
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 07:28:15 am »
Most states are "at will" employment, which means unless you have a contract stating specifically otherwise, they can fire you at any time with or without cause.  It also means you can quit at any time. 

Seriously though man, don't worry about it.  I got canned from my first job out of college because I they didnt think I was developing fast enough to be able to run my own programs.  Coincidentally, I have been doing exactly that for the last 6+ years.  Just take it as a learning experience. 

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 05:01:19 pm »
Most states are "at will" employment, which means unless you have a contract stating specifically otherwise, they can fire you at any time with or without cause.  It also means you can quit at any time. 

Seriously though man, don't worry about it.  I got canned from my first job out of college because I they didnt think I was developing fast enough to be able to run my own programs.  Coincidentally, I have been doing exactly that for the last 6+ years.  Just take it as a learning experience. 
For the last 6+ years you've not been developing fast enough to be able to run your own programs?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:04:29 pm by Gangs »
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 06:48:21 pm »
actually it sounds like a failure of management, if they are talking about a problem they never previously said anything to you about. managers are supposed to address shit like that, especially in the training phase. but that's assuming they're being honest. it's more likely they had to fire someone and since you were the newest guy you were the easiest to get rid of. idk if it makes you feel any better, but from your description it doesn't sound like it's your fault. if they're that shitty as bosses though, maybe you're better off working somewhere else.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »

For the last 6+ years you've not been developing fast enough to be able to run your own programs?
Yep.  I've gotten much better at making people think I am working.

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 04:55:35 am »
actually it sounds like a failure of management, if they are talking about a problem they never previously said anything to you about. managers are supposed to address shit like that, especially in the training phase. but that's assuming they're being honest. it's more likely they had to fire someone and since you were the newest guy you were the easiest to get rid of. idk if it makes you feel any better, but from your description it doesn't sound like it's your fault. if they're that shitty as bosses though, maybe you're better off working somewhere else.

That's pretty much the way I took it after some thought. It would have come down to me and/or the other trainee, and I think that I was singled out because I stayed late and came early, working the entire time mind you, so I would have cost them the most money in the end.

Offline Erwin Schrödinger

• Non Grata
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bermuda Islands
  • Ruler: Erwin Schrodinger
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:51 am »
Looks like they needed to fire someone for whatever reason, and you were the lucky guy. Employers of small places don't like firing people, so they make up excuses to do so. It happens.
NG Tri of FA.

Offline Mr Havok

• Multicolored Cross-X Alliance
  • Baby Cactus
  • has 78 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: The Bearkillers
  • Ruler: Mr Havok
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 06:10:23 pm »
It's also possible they figured you were real dedicated and well trained by staying late and that you would then move on for money at a national chain.  They keep the lazier guy because he will cost less money, less motivated and more likely to stay for less money

Take the experience and apply it to the next job

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 06:23:15 pm »
It's also possible they figured you were real dedicated and well trained by staying late and that you would then move on for money at a national chain.  They keep the lazier guy because he will cost less money, less motivated and more likely to stay for less money

Take the experience and apply it to the next job

Kinda hard to take it to a national chain when their franchise is part of a national chain.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 06:57:32 pm »
make up a fake competing business and distribute fliers all over their shit.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

aithne

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »
Back in October I got hired to work at a party store. They had a "seasonal" time then for halloween, selling costumes and more than just party supplies. I swear, it really must've been a mistake that they hired me.

Started off, the first week I wasn't even on the schedule. This other guy, Sam, was. My name's Samantha.. and I just wasn't anywhere. There weren't two Sam's, just one.. and clearly not me.
So I got sent to where he was supposed to be, in the balloons section. On a Saturday, the busiest day to work in balloons.. without ever being back there. When my manager got in and discovered the error, she raved about how she was so impressed with me, that I did so well with slight guidance from others and pressure from having to work quickly. Personally, I just thought it was fun.

Pass three weeks and I get sick. Super sick. I was about to fall over sick. So I asked to go home. They had a strict no calling in sick policy, but it didn't say you couldn't go home sick. So I went home and found out I had a fever and was losing my voice and all this shit. Next day I went in to work, I had absolutely no voice left couldn't even whisper. Sigh.
Aside from that, I was never late. Ever. I sometimes was even close to getting in an hour early, but I never clocked in until it was time to.

Seasonal time was almost up, they posted the new schedule and I wasn't on it. They were gonna let me go. Sigh.

Oh, I'm still furious over it. That they were going to let me go, but keep this other chick.. I imagine it's because she was a single black teenage mother. Never mind that half the time she showed up late or was texting..

Only other thing I can see that I did wrong was complain about how one of the leads was treating me. Manager said she'd talk to her about it, the lead never changed... I quit once I found out I wasn't on the schedule. Being treated like shit when they weren't even going to keep me? Fuck that.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 02:52:41 am »

I agree, it is a failure of leadership on their part.  But first you have to ask if you bear some responsibility - did you ask for feedback on how you were doing?  It is a critical habit to develop for the expressed purpose of avoiding surprises like this, when you have a new job or a new boss.

I learned that lesson after I got canned from a pizzeria after a month of making lousy pizzas, and not getting any feedback...  Stay ahead of the surprise with a little recon.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.549 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317