Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Gaming  (Read 2684 times)

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/jimmykent
Gaming
« on: April 15, 2008, 07:17:57 am »
Right, so other than CN, are there any gamers here? Sort of inspired by the Assassin's Creed topic, and noticing I went off on one a bit there, I decided to condense all my game-related juggery into one easily manageable forum thread. So:

What are you playing now?
What have you played before?
What are your all time favourite games?
What's your favourite console?
What's your favourite game type?
Why am I so much more awesome than you?
You match your friends to your principles, not your principles to your friends.

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:45:22 am »
No one? Hmmm.

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War 7 Years of Random Insanity Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Hero of the RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Triumvir Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 17.1" long.
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Xythra
  • Ruler: Great Lord, Moth
Gaming
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:42:12 am »
What are you playing now? Rock Band
What have you played before? Hundreds of games.
What are your all time favourite games? Lemmings 2: The Tribes, Blast Corps, Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun, System Shock 2, Super Mario 64, and several others.
What's your favourite console? Besides the PC, the XBox 360. It defeated the reigning champ, the N64, when I realized that my 360 game collection was utterly flawless despite its size.
What's your favourite game type? Turn-Based Strategy
Why am I so much more awesome than you? Why don't you play me in Rock Band and find out? >_> Bring it!

Quote from: The Paragon
All I know is you have the ability to make people look retarded.
Girl montage!

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Gaming
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:54:13 am »
i liked C&C: TS too but i was sad that it didn't have a map editor :c

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:03:44 am »
Quote from: Moth
What are you playing now? Rock Band
What have you played before? Hundreds of games.
What are your all time favourite games? Lemmings 2: The Tribes, Blast Corps, Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun, System Shock 2, Super Mario 64, and several others.
What's your favourite console? Besides the PC, the XBox 360. It defeated the reigning champ, the N64, when I realized that my 360 game collection was utterly flawless despite its size.
What's your favourite game type? Turn-Based Strategy
Why am I so much more awesome than you? Why don't you play me in Rock Band and find out? >_> Bring it!

Hmmm, never played Rock Band. I prefer to whip out my real guitar ;-)

Lemmings is an absolute classic. C&C were fun, but I get bored of just strategy quite quickly. I prefer when it's mixed with management, like in the Total War games.

I also love the 360. It is a brilliant console. The amazing graphics, sensible and eays user interface, enormous disk space, superior controller (haven't played Wii though) and awesome selection of games means it definitely beats my other experience of consoles. the PS3 is ok, Madden is amazing, and PES is quite good, but they still have the crappy PS2 style controller, which is built for someone with kiddy-fiddler hands.

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
Gaming
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 09:08:43 am »
Quote from: the infamous
Oh screw you.

What are you playing now: Neverwinter Nights
What have you played before: Age of Empires II, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Half-Life 1 and 2, Sim City 4, and Rock Band
What are your all time favourite games: Age of Empires II, Rock Band, and Neverwinter Nights
What's your favourite console: SNES
What's your favourite game type: Strategy
Why am I so much more awesome than you: You're not

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 09:17:01 am »
Quote from: IronSoldier820
Oh screw you.

What are you playing now: Neverwinter Nights
What have you played before: Age of Empires II, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Half-Life 1 and 2, Sim City 4, and Rock Band
What are your all time favourite games: Age of Empires II, Rock Band, and Neverwinter Nights
What's your favourite console: SNES
What's your favourite game type: Strategy
Why am I so much more awesome than you: You're not

Get in line  

NWN is awesome. So are the expansions. So is the sequel. And the sequel expansions. Absolutely one of the best game series ever! I am also partial to Age of Empires on occasion

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
Gaming
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 01:20:27 pm »
I play battlefield vietnam often, But Im getting my first computer with a graphics card (my laptops don't have one, just a chipset for converting real RAM to graphics RAM) today. I'm fapping as we speak.

Dawn of War is going to look amazing.
I'll hope to run Battlefield 2, but bf vietnam will look great too
I might install Eve online and get a trial account just to look at the pretty
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »

What are you playing now? mainly soldat, a free 2d online shooter, very classic, very fun. also some simcity 4

What have you played before? oh god, so many games, it's nucking futs. narrow it down a bit. in the last few years i've played abuse, subspace, think tank, farcry, kotor 1 & 2, TES: morrowind and oblivion, BF 2142,  F.E.A.R., half-life 2 ch 1 & 2, divine divinity, lord of the rings online, world of warcraft, lotr battle for middle earth 1 and 2, titan quest, stronghold 1 & 2, roller coaster tycoon 2 & 3, paraworld, stalker: shadow of chernobyl, and many more.

What are your all time favourite games? jurassic park and jp rampage edition for the sega genesis; phantom crash for xbox, mechwarrior 4 for pc, kotor 1 & 2 for xbox, AVP for pc, stalker: SOC, mechcommander 2 for pc

What's your favourite console? PC

What's your favourite game type? i like rpgs, builders, strategies, sneakers, fighting games... simulators... w/e

Why do i like to clean pig anus with the inside of my nose? I have no idea.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=220744
Gaming
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 04:52:04 pm »
I just bought a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy and Guitar Hero.  It's fun.  Mario Galaxy is extremely easy but it's still fun, not as easy as Super Paper Mario was though... that game was way too easy to the point where it wasn't fun.

Other than the Wii, I only have an XBOX and I have Madden, NBA Live, and Mercenaries.  Mercenaries is a lot of fun, it's hard for me to find a shooting game like that which I actually like usually but Mercenaries is fun.
frozen sky

<+Slim[element]> hehe hes kinda big that should be fun

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 05:01:04 pm »
Quote from: llamavore
What have you played before? oh god, so many games, it's nucking futs. narrow it down a bit. in the last few years i've played farcry, kotor 1 & 2, TES: morrowind and oblivion, half-life 2 ch 1 & 2, lord of the rings online, world of warcraft, lotr battle for middle earth 1 and 2, titan quest, roller coaster tycoon 2 & 3

Farcry, KOTOR, LOTRO, WOW, LOTR: BFME are all quality. I got Titan Quest just recently, and it is AWESOME, if a bit simplistic. Great story, great environs, great graphics, generally a very fun game. Roller Coaster Tycoon - I used to play the first one, never tried the sequels. I loved it, but always got frustrated by the fact that after designing my amazingly awesome roller coasters of death, which I personally would have LOVED to ride on, no one ever came to my parks, and when they did, they complained that the coasters were OTT.

On the negative side, I know Half-Life had a big following, but, having played the whole first game, I just never found it that appealing. yeah, it was ok, but it wasn't brilliant, and doesn't, for me, deserve all the credit it gets. The HL2 engine is awesome though.

Oblivion I rant about regularly. Here it is, copied and pasted for you:

"Freedom sucks. No, seriously, freedom in a game sucks balls. It's what I like to call Oblivion syndrome. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion was so large and so open-ended that I felt no desire or compunction to actually DO anything, I didn't feel drawn into the story, each portal level was a nightmare in terms of carrying all the loot, and the game was too open to be good. The goal of an RPG is to tell a story, while letting you influence the course and outcome of that story, hence making the player feel involved. Mass Effect, KOTOR, Jade Empire and others all fulfil this criterion."

That's just me, though. Some people like having that much choice. me, I prefer the Mass Effect sort of level - lots to do, but not too much, easily accessible, engaging and immediate story. You don't influence the plot very much, which is why KOTOR 1 and 2 are better as RPGs, whereas Mass Effect has the better combat and dialogue system.

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 05:04:09 pm »
Quote from: nIveK oGre
I just bought a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy and Guitar Hero.  It's fun.  Mario Galaxy is extremely easy but it's still fun, not as easy as Super Paper Mario was though... that game was way too easy to the point where it wasn't fun.

Other than the Wii, I only have an XBOX and I have Madden, NBA Live, and Mercenaries.  Mercenaries is a lot of fun, it's hard for me to find a shooting game like that which I actually like usually but Mercenaries is fun.

Haven't played the Wii, I'd like to though. Especially to use the Wiimote as a lightsaber - that thing was practically built for that.

Nor have I played guitar hero. Like I said, when I can actually bust out my guitar and write a song, Guitar Hero would probably feel like a waste of time.

Mate, if you like Madden, PS3 is the way to go. The 360 is my console of choice, but Madden 08 on the PS3 shits all over every sports game in the world. Amazing graphics, obscene gameplay, so much more realism - it's awesome!

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=220744
Gaming
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 05:10:24 pm »
Guitar Hero is fun but there are definitely some songs there that are hard to play if you can play the actual guitar.  It's weird playing a song you actually know how to play on the game because your instinct is to move your fingers like you would on an actual fretboard... but I got over it and I like Guitar Hero.

the other funny part of the game is how most songs are easier on the medium and hard settings than they are on the easy settings.

i'm sure Guitar Hero will influence some kids to play the actual guitar and that would be cool.
frozen sky

<+Slim[element]> hehe hes kinda big that should be fun

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 06:20:02 pm »
i didn't play the first half-life, maybe that's why the second one felt fresh. really a great game though, creeping through pitch black sewers and trying not to bump into sleeping zombies... fun. and theres a lot of variety.

we should find a game we can play together as an alliance, now and then. something closer to real time. multi game alliance ftw.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 06:32:06 pm »
we should find a game we can play together as an alliance, now and then. something closer to real time. multi game alliance ftw.

Mate, I started a guild years ago while waiting for Star Wars Galaxies to come out. It's called the Dark Blade. 7 years on, and 12 or so games later, we're still going, a seriously tight group of close friends, even if most of us have never met face to face. Multi-game groups rock the cock!

If you're a fan of HL2, you should really read the parody comic. I forget the name - I'll look it up.

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 06:33:53 pm »
Concerned.

Brilliant reading if you've ever played the game, and even if you haven't.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 08:37:16 pm »
what games are dark blade into now

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
Gaming
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:57 pm »
Concerned.

Wow, I read all of that without any breaks. I'm relatively sad I finished so soon, but I'm glad it didn't drag on excessively long. One of the best webcomics I've read that was hilarious from start to finish, nice find.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 08:48:49 pm »
what games are dark blade into now

TDB currently plays City of Heroes/Villains, LOTRO, DDO, WoW, EQ2, SWG, Tabula Rasa, and Guild Wars, with an eye to Warhammer, Star Trek, Age of Conan, Stargate Worlds, Firefly and others out soon. Games abandoned are AutoAssault (what with it ending), the Matrix Online (what with it being shit), and Dark Age of Camelot (just outdated and we were never a cohesive presence in it).

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Gaming
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »
Quote from: IronSoldier820
Concerned.

Wow, I read all of that without any breaks. I'm relatively sad I finished so soon, but I'm glad it didn't drag on excessively long. One of the best webcomics I've read that was hilarious from start to finish, nice find.

Thanks, glad to share. Always good to spread the laughs!

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317