Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: League Of Legends  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
League Of Legends
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:55:58 pm »
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

check it out, more cartoony then WoW but still full 3d, tell me what you think, im not really sure myself but it looks good so im planning to play it, if any of you have already played it then please tell me how it is k?

ps : why dont we have a topic on gaming?
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
League Of Legends
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:00:10 pm »
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...hreadid=3228980 for a more descriptive thread made by one of the game's developers

its basically that war 3 mod defense of the ancients, but better
Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
League Of Legends
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:14:22 am »
I hate the direction that most RPGs have gone in once MMO'd. horribly un-immersive. every quest is save us, you're the only one, and there's a million other people doing it. all items are blah blah adjective(s) noun of verbing or of adjective, with blah blah modifiers of generic statistics. it's always magic wizard fag, muscly jock fag, and sneaky I R NINJA fag. (mage/fighter/thief) plus the usual mage variant, archer, and a fighter/mage crossover. faggy retarded generic elves and dwarves that have almost nothing to do with actual mythologic origins (that goes for werewolves and vampires too). stupid meaningless quests where you kill fake things that will endlessly reappear and affect nothing, especially since you can also endlessly reappear. to gain items and complete tasks that do nothing except give you new toys that everyone else has or will have an identical copy of. and THEN people BRAG about it.

I enjoy strategy and teamwork, though, and a lot of MMORPGs can deliver that, but the consequences of failure (even group failure) break the suspense. (there's no risk, you just respawn and try again). it's just pandas vs. marshmallows. the only fun coming from this sea of shit is playing with friends; I haven't had the confluence of friends and MMO I don't hate to bring this about. ideally you play with some friends and make more friends to play with through the game. anyway, they need to make an mmo more like dwarf fortress, where players build and live and die. and need food and shelter. then battles would become existential, and actually interesting.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Echorion

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Yvonne Strahovski is hot. And I'm awesome.
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:07:50 am »
^^ what he said

And that is exactly why I don't enjoy MMO's that much... I heard Borderlands was kick as though - any rating for that one?
I just noticed my sig sucks.
I'm going to make a new one, when I finally get around to stop procrastinating...
---

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 01:39:20 pm »
Quote from: Lord Doom
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...hreadid=3228980 for a more descriptive thread made by one of the game's developers

its basically that war 3 mod defense of the ancients, but better
thaks thats exactly what i wanted.

Quote from: llamavore
I hate the direction that most RPGs have gone in once MMO'd. horribly un-immersive. every quest is save us, you're the only one, and there's a million other people doing it. all items are blah blah adjective(s) noun of verbing or of adjective, with blah blah modifiers of generic statistics. it's always magic wizard fag, muscly jock fag, and sneaky I R NINJA fag. (mage/fighter/thief) plus the usual mage variant, archer, and a fighter/mage crossover. faggy retarded generic elves and dwarves that have almost nothing to do with actual mythologic origins (that goes for werewolves and vampires too). stupid meaningless quests where you kill fake things that will endlessly reappear and affect nothing, especially since you can also endlessly reappear. to gain items and complete tasks that do nothing except give you new toys that everyone else has or will have an identical copy of. and THEN people BRAG about it.

I enjoy strategy and teamwork, though, and a lot of MMORPGs can deliver that, but the consequences of failure (even group failure) break the suspense. (there's no risk, you just respawn and try again). it's just pandas vs. marshmallows. the only fun coming from this sea of shit is playing with friends; I haven't had the confluence of friends and MMO I don't hate to bring this about. ideally you play with some friends and make more friends to play with through the game. anyway, they need to make an mmo more like dwarf fortress, where players build and live and die. and need food and shelter. then battles would become existential, and actually interesting.
tl;ra
you should really try mmorts's and i dunno what you have against respawning, but without respawns these games would become very frustratingly difficult, thats why you should try MMORTS's, there are lots of good ones out there.

Quote from: Echorion
^^ what he said

And that is exactly why I don't enjoy MMO's that much... I heard Borderlands was kick as though - any rating for that one?

Borderlands has one main thing going for it, that's the revolutionary graphics, but its also its weak point, some might not be able to get accustomed to it, the game in general is good, id give it a 7/10 (cause i prefer CS type gfx)
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

Offline The Angry Alien

• Angry Alien is Angry
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • The Almighty SPAM King
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the of the Bipolar War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 1.86" long.
    • View Profile
    • Mah Wiki Page
  • Nation: Zagon
  • Ruler: Derp
League Of Legends
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:22 pm »
Quote from: llamavore
every quest is save us, you're the only one, and there's a million other people doing it ... (mage/fighter/thief) plus the usual mage variant, archer, and a fighter/mage crossover ... stupid meaningless quests where you kill fake things that will endlessly reappear and affect nothing, especially since you can also endlessly reappear ... new toys that everyone else has or will have an identical copy of. and THEN people BRAG about it.
The four things about MMORPG's that I utterly LOATHE

Quote from: gangs20003
I love you Zitan, and understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar
Quote from: Leo
Final Rating: Charbroiled/Steakalicious
Let's all have a party at my place

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 02:15:19 pm »
actually, even i would prefer something new coming into the MMORPG scene, it is becoming rather generic...WoW is still good though what with all the different factions and all...at least you look cooler.
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 03:21:28 pm »
Quote from: Echorion
^^ what he said

there was a good one called Tabula Rasa that was at least a little bit fresh (a scifi actiony mmorpg) but it started out horribly buggy and they shut it down just when it got really good due to not making enough money off of it. although less people playing it made it more friendly and less douchy. (another thing I hate about MMORPGs... you have to play with all the retards, no choosing a community that fits you.

you should really try mmorts's and i dunno what you have against respawning, but without respawns these games would become very frustratingly difficult, thats why you should try MMORTS's, there are lots of good ones out there.
sounds cool, could you name some?

the respawn problem (no challenge, meaningless death) can be fixed by being able to have multiple players and generate new ones. see DF for an example of that idea.

Quote from: Zitan XLII
The four things about MMORPG's that I utterly LOATHE
nice to know I'm not alone. I've been thinking about an alternative style rpg/mmo for a long time now. I'm good at conceptualizing and I can write but not a programmer. oh another thing I hate, that breaks immersion... all the WTB WTS LFG/LFM4 running AB CD EF GH instance spam. and the buy gold and level your fag spammers.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline The Angry Alien

• Angry Alien is Angry
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • The Almighty SPAM King
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the of the Bipolar War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 1.86" long.
    • View Profile
    • Mah Wiki Page
  • Nation: Zagon
  • Ruler: Derp
League Of Legends
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 03:25:19 pm »
I'm working on programming, I just made a small game (2-D) like last week.

I love you Zitan, and understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar
Quote from: Leo
Final Rating: Charbroiled/Steakalicious
Let's all have a party at my place

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:03:16 pm »
you want action, you got action, massive number of troops and graphics like c&c, UBER fast action thall keep you on the edge of your seat. check out some of the recorded matches if you want.
http://www.hiverise.com/

this one is sorta like a mmorts+rpg http://www.boundlessplanet.com/
build your empire and take on others with the added benefit of having alliances etc, get your own planet and mine resources and have that as your base of operations, this is probably one of the best MMORTS's out there.

don't want a huge dload and awesome gfx and shit? would rather have an in depth game bout space strategy? then play galaxy online from igg, dload is absolutely tiny and plays out sorta like a turn based strategy but empire building and all is like a cross between browser based games and good online games, difficult to explain, you should check out the gameplay videos and screenshots http://go.igg.com/

another classic, shattered galaxy, go here to get details and click on "tour" http://www.sgalaxy.com/

wanna try something from a major developer? try http://endwargame.us.ubi.com/ tom clancy's  endwar, only known MMORTS release from a major developer i think...
its a WW3 based games with 3 factions and a pretty damn good story to boot, gameplay looks good (haven't played it) but obviously it'l cost you some cash to buy (none if you're into piracy ofcourse)
one thing about this game though, the graphics are absolutely FANTASTIC! its recieved good reviews from most prominent reviewers like gamespot and ign at around 7.5-8.5
if youre serious about RTS gaming then DEFINITELY TRY THIS!

Another really good space based MMORTS is MANKIND, http://www.mankind.net/
this one has been there for like FOREVER
EPIC space and ground battles alike and an ever growing and improving community will keep you glued to this game for HOURS!

http://www.beyondprotocol.com/
beyond protocol
[embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/if6kWjoOeSk&rel=1\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"355\"][/embed]

MMORTS is still a young genre hence there are just a handful of really good ones and most of those are space based (which isn't a bad thing)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:37:32 am by gangs20003 »
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
League Of Legends
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 10:53:10 am »
also league of legends isnt an mmo
Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 11:05:29 am »
It isnt
I know its dota so it must be...you cant play dota alone.
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

C-zom

League Of Legends
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 02:45:10 pm »
MMO's aren't my thing. I like strategy games (Company of Heroes/Dawn of War/Paradox Interactive games/Total War/etc) and simulators (IL-2/Silent Hunter 4/Battlestations/Red Orchestra/Arma 2/etc etc).

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 03:08:23 pm »
You like strategy games. And by the looks of it, war strategy games...and you haven't mentioned the C&C games?
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
League Of Legends
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 06:34:57 pm »
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Kingdom of Loathing yet.

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

Screw fancy-sphmancy graphics, this is the greatest free MMORPG of all time.

Granted, it falls into a lot of the categories Llama complained about in his first post, but at least it does so in an original way. I can't think of a single other MMORPG where "Seal Clubber" is an available class. The only things I can truly complain about is the repetetiveness, and the relative lack of multiplayer ability (which is somewhat offset by the small but technically increasing number (2) of clan dungeons).

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 11:56:00 pm »
Arma 2 is epic. I like the idea of an MMO sim, be it fps, vehicle, or builder

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 01:39:55 am »
Quote from: Untelligent
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Kingdom of Loathing yet.

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

Screw fancy-sphmancy graphics, this is the greatest free MMORPG of all time.

Granted, it falls into a lot of the categories Llama complained about in his first post, but at least it does so in an original way. I can't think of a single other MMORPG where "Seal Clubber" is an available class. The only things I can truly complain about is the repetetiveness, and the relative lack of multiplayer ability (which is somewhat offset by the small but technically increasing number (2) of clan dungeons).
lol this game is so epic it redefines the term, even llama can't NOT like this un.
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

C-zom

League Of Legends
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 01:40:04 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU</a>

Yeah, Arma 2 is epic.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 01:53:56 am »
Quote from: C-zom
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU</a>

Yeah, Arma 2 is epic.
HAHA I just watched this the other day.

he goes all that way and dies so fast at the end. I love it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
League Of Legends
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 02:01:29 am »
that vid looked so effing awesome...
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.875 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317