Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Are 4Kids and Disney a Danger to Anime?  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Viper6525D

• Insane Ice Cream Guy
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Back from the Dead, A-holes! :D
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team
  • war boner is 0.38" long.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nation: Leonhardt Frontier
  • Ruler: ViperDOTInsanity
Are 4Kids and Disney a Danger to Anime?
« on: October 25, 2009, 04:56:16 am »
Now, we've all known that 4Kids has bought the license for a handful of animes in the past. And due to their target audiences being kids, they have really buffered what was once great animes to have appropriate details for kids...which is pretty much cut out anything that even involved throwing a punch or showing blood. And now, it seems Disney has bought the rights to air Naruto: Shippudden and will air it on Diosney XD. Knowing that Disney has always targeted younger viewers and no one else, one can only imagine how much editing will be done to the series. Plus, w/o some Disney fans not even knoing the original Naruto series, they can only get hopelessly lost in the story.

With so much good, and bad anime being destroyed by heavy censorship by these two companies, I ask, do you think corporations like 4Kids are Disney are a menace to anime everywhere? You decide.

(PS: Im not the biggest fan of most of the animes shown on networks like 4Kids and Disney. EX. Kirby: Right back at ya, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D, Naruto Shippudden, ect. Im just looking at this at different point of view)

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • Awards Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Myrrh
  • Ruler: Akito
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:09:07 am »
Yes they are a danger. They fuck up the name "anime".

May they burn in hell.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:09:37 am by Myrrh »

Offline Viper6525D

• Insane Ice Cream Guy
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:25:22 am »
Why Myrrh, how dare you say such things!

First we torture them, blow them up, and then they burn in hell

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:13:00 am »
buffered? you mean butchered?

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Unjust War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Five years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 12:14:57 pm »
Heres the thing wth Diseny thay own a lot more than you know Any Idea why there was no law sute over this? Adam and Eve are ownd by them so its all a materof where thay want to put
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:57:48 pm »
the original title they were going to go with was 'whores on a boat' with cameo by samuel jackson and planned a sequel 'whores on a boat2: return of capn fakeboob mcSluttyface'
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:58:40 pm by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Unjust War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Five years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 11:04:47 pm »
You mean this one right?
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 01:56:34 am »
Well 4kids is notorious for censoring the shit out of anything they get their hands on. I don't really know what to say about Disney, though I'd expect them to edit the series somewhat.

But yeah, they're a fucking nuisance.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Trollan

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 09:50:54 am »
They only take generic shounen crap, so I don't really care. It's not like they'll never touch stuff like Ergo Proxy and Last Exile.

When they do, THEN I'll go all Eva!Beatrice on them.

Offline Arrnea

• Unlimited Something Desu~
  • Green Protection Agency
  • Baby Cactus
  • Unlimited Christmas Works
    • View Profile
    • CN SOS Brigade Portal
  • Nation: The Barony of Arrnea
  • Ruler: Arrnea
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 09:44:56 pm »
Quote from: Viper6525D
Now, we've all known that 4Kids has bought the license for a handful of animes in the past. And due to their target audiences being kids, they have really buffered what was once great animes to have appropriate details for kids...which is pretty much cut out anything that even involved throwing a punch or showing blood.
Yes, 4Kids is a menace to the anime industry. Who could forget their dub of Pokemon, or their abominable One Piece dub?

And now, it seems Disney has bought the rights to air Naruto: Shippudden and will air it on Diosney XD. Knowing that Disney has always targeted younger viewers and no one else, one can only imagine how much editing will be done to the series. Plus, w/o some Disney fans not even knoing the original Naruto series, they can only get hopelessly lost in the story.
The bolded part is incorrect. Ever heard of Touchstone Pictures? Owned by Disney.
Also, Disney can do quite well, see the Ghibli movies that they were responsible for dubbing. Howl's Moving Castle was particularly well-dubbed, and Spirited Away was pretty decent.
In fact, the only Ghibli film dub that I have seen that was awful was Grave of the Fireflies, and that was not Disney, but Central Park Media.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:45:43 pm by Arrnea »

================================================================
My cynicism shall blot out the sun, with the force of a thousand suns.
So as I pray... 'Unlimited Cynic Works'.
================================================
|||| SOS団 Boards || SOS団 Wiki || My SE Nation ||||
=======================================

Offline Viper6525D

• Insane Ice Cream Guy
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 11:58:06 pm »
Quote from: Arrnea
And now, it seems Disney has bought the rights to air Naruto: Shippudden and will air it on Diosney XD. Knowing that Disney has always targeted younger viewers and no one else, one can only imagine how much editing will be done to the series. Plus, w/o some Disney fans not even knoing the original Naruto series, they can only get hopelessly lost in the story.
The bolded part is incorrect. Ever heard of Touchstone Pictures? Owned by Disney.
Also, Disney can do quite well, see the Ghibli movies that they were responsible for dubbing. Howl's Moving Castle was particularly well-dubbed, and Spirited Away was pretty decent.
In fact, the only Ghibli film dub that I have seen that was awful was Grave of the Fireflies, and that was not Disney, but Central Park Media.

Ok you are right there. I overlooked that info.

I guess I should say younger kids are Disney's target audience most of the time.

For ex. The fucking Jonas Brothers: Appealing to little girls everywhere in every way.

As for your opinion on Disney, even though i dont agree, its still your opinion.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:59:07 pm by Viper6525D »

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 02:43:15 am »
Quote from: Trollan
They only take generic shounen crap, so I don't really care. It's not like they'll never touch stuff like Ergo Proxy and Last Exile.

When they do, THEN I'll go all Eva!Beatrice on them.

Yes. I hope they never do touch Last Exile. Just a note though.

Beato > EvaBeatrice

Offline Trollan

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 08:13:20 am »
Death by giant cake. What more can you ever want? :3

Offline Skulryk

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/demonicadvent
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:08 pm »
Well... why the fuck would anybody who actually watches anime watch the shit that 4Kids spews out? They don't even show good series to begin with... So why do we care what they put out? If you're honestly concerened about shit being turned shittier, then you need to re-think your priorites. >_>

Agent_Lemon[RIA]: i thought you were a girl for some reason
Skulryk: ... >_>

i already bloody know you know i do know things bloody hell somethings turning away from here back towards NATO

Offline Trollan

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 01:28:52 am »
Quote from: Skulryk
Well... why the fuck would anybody who actually watches anime watch the shit that 4Kids spews out? They don't even show good series to begin with... So why do we care what they put out? If you're honestly concerened about shit being turned shittier, then you need to re-think your priorites. >_>
Because being surround by people who thinks all anime are the kiddy, shit-spewing crap stuff like the kind 4kids puts out tends to make me RAGE.

And if they ever expand their market, your favorite anime might be NEXT. -Cue CockPonytic music-

Offline Viper6525D

• Insane Ice Cream Guy
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 01:58:18 am »
Quote from: Skulryk
Because being surround by people who thinks all anime are the kiddy, shit-spewing crap stuff like the kind 4kids puts out tends to make me RAGE.

And if they ever expand their market, your favorite anime might be NEXT. -Cue CockPonytic music-
What she said.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:59:19 pm by Viper6525D »

Offline Skulryk

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/demonicadvent
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 11:59:31 am »
But: 1.) Why would you even associate with those people?

And: 2.) Why would I EVER bother watching a 4Kids dub of something when I could just watch the original online? It doesn't concern me when they do shit, because there's no reason for me to need to care. And even then, 4Kids would NEVER take any of my series that I watch. They're far to sex-filled and/or violent for them to even dare. You can only really do so much in terms of censorship, people. If they got their hands on my shows... they might be able to televise 5 of the 30 minutes of it due to censorship issues. >_>

Plus: 3.) They'll probably never stray from their current market of televised retardation. It wouldn't prove profitable in the long-run for them, because most people who watch anime and are over the age of 15 have a tendency to eventually realize the stupidity of 4Kids and move on to somewhat "truer" animes. And then of course, if 4Kids were to try and take those as well, people would just ignore it.

Agent_Lemon[RIA]: i thought you were a girl for some reason
Skulryk: ... >_>

i already bloody know you know i do know things bloody hell somethings turning away from here back towards NATO

Offline Trollan

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 04:06:00 pm »
1. Because there's more to life than anime. I have many friends that thinks that anime is retarded. They could go die in a hellfire if only they aren't perfectly normal human beings and I love to hang out with them.

2. It's about public image. If I can choose, I'd like to be associated with anime that are worth being associated with and not some regurgitated crap 4kid spews out.

3. Because maybe they'll wake up and realize "Oh, wait. It's ain't profitable. We can't keep up this shit much longer. Let's see what other anime can be ruined." Naturally, people that know better would just ignore it. The problem with that is that there are more people that DON'T know better than the ones that do. Again, it's all about public image.

@ Viper: I'm a woman.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:06:50 pm by Trollan »

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 08:27:40 pm »
1. Because there's more to life than anime. I have many friends that thinks that anime is retarded. They could go die in a hellfire if only they aren't perfectly normal human beings and I love to hang out with them.

2. It's about public image. If I can choose, I'd like to be associated with anime that are worth being associated with and not some regurgitated crap 4kid spews out.

3. Because maybe they'll wake up and realize "Oh, wait. It's ain't profitable. We can't keep up this shit much longer. Let's see what other anime can be ruined." Naturally, people that know better would just ignore it. The problem with that is that there are more people that DON'T know better than the ones that do. Again, it's all about public image.

That makes two of us. ^^

Offline Viper6525D

• Insane Ice Cream Guy
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 10:02:39 pm »
Quote from: Myrrh

That makes two of us. ^^
Is it me, or am i just making stupid mistakes lately. Oh well. It was an honest mistake
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 10:03:25 pm by Viper6525D »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 51 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317