Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Examples of why I am losing faith in humanity again.  (Read 834 times)

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
Examples of why I am losing faith in humanity again.
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:36:12 pm »
Here are posts from my Micro economic class discussions.

Topic: California is the world's 8th largest economy

California has had budget deficit challenges since 1978 when a law was passed to limit the ability to increase taxes. With the additional strain of the current worlwode depressed economy, CA may have to fold. This would cause a ripple effect of undisclosed proportions.

Their deficit has risen slowly over the past three decades to a staggering $24 billion dollars. This includes the cost of single-handedly funding many social programs for the entire nation. It also accounts for 12% of the national GDP.

The government is still watching and waiting to see if CA will be able to solve it's own problems.

Care to see if you could balance the state budget? the LA Times has a website where you can go to find out? http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-state...57202.htmlstory

Original Article found here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20090701/ts_ynews/ynews_ts418

And what would happen to all those people who were unemployed? They would be signing up for unemployment benefits, welfare, food stamps, any government financial assistance that they can get. I do not blame people for taking advantage of government assistance, they have to survive somehow. You made a great a point about higher minimum wage increasing unemployment. I hate to be cynical, but I think our government would welcome a higher unemployment rate, the more people that rely on the government for financial support, the more power that the government has over us. When campaign time roles around politicians can promise more financial benefits to the extremely poor, and the more people that are extremely poor the better it is for politicians. If there is an extremely high unemployment rate and some politician has promised all the unemployed people more money, then who do you think all the unemployed are going to vote for?

These are only some of the ones that I have to read. It is like ripping my guts out and having someone choke me with them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:36:46 pm by crazyisraelie »

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:01:41 am »
I could only see that having some truth to it if it also includes having the rich getting richer so they can pay the jobless' share of taxes, and somehow profiting off of it as well, otherwise it's unsustainable.

what makes more sense is having people too poor (or not rich enough) to get their own healthcare and their own (insert benefit gov can provide here), so that the money they do make, which could still be quite a bit, is bundled with their vote and sent straight to a politician promising those benefits.

but I'm not an economistologist so I could be off

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has colonized the Moon! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has donated money for the RIA Four years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:14:34 am »
IM at 1,475,000,000 in the Green
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:14:07 am »
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Mr Whaley)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE (Mr Whaley)[div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]The sum of all intelligence is finite.  The population is growing.[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:14:45 am by Jenne »

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:57:33 am »
the government always wants to control us!
Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 01:12:05 pm »
Quote from: Lord Doom
the government always wants to control us!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:13:15 pm by DrunkWino »
Vote Cthulhu 2016

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 30 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317