Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Minecraft Nuclear Reactor Project  (Read 4776 times)

aithne

Re: Minecraft Nuclear Reactor Project
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 04:56:38 pm »
I'm doing my best to find lots of diamonds. When the server is up, at least.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »
BTW, apparently, so many people have been playing technic without owning minecraft, that they are changing it so that you must own it to play apparently?

At least, thats the part that they said is wrong with the technic right now...
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

aithne

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 01:54:12 am »
Maybe I'll just start playing by myself for a while.. that might just be easier.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34:36 am »
GREAT NEWS!

I've done some tests with nukes, and I have found a design that can resist not only a single meltdown, but multiple meltdowns with NO damage to the outside area.  I should have a definate count for how much reinforced stone we will need soon, but it might be over 1000.

To put that into perspective, to make 64 blocks, we need 12 iron dust, 9 tin dust, 9 copper dust, and 64 cobblestone.

That means, that to make 1000 blocks of reinforced stone, we need:

1000 cobblestone (or stone)
188 iron dust
141 tin dust
141 copper dust

Last i checked, I think I had 128.  I'm guessing that 1128 should be either enough, or enough to give an estimate on how many more we need so that I can get a resource calculation.

Anyway, the design i wanna use is a little bigger than some, but is incredebly safe.  So far, it had withstood multiple nuke detonations (in my SMP game), without a breach outside the walls or repairs inside.  This setup should be more than safe enough to protect our town as well as provide the necessary power.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »
Great news, 1128 is WAY more than enough to build what we need!

I'm about to test what I'm calling the Cactaur Reactor MK I.

With all this stone, it should be able to take a full overload to the face and not breach anything outside.  If it works, I'll be able to construct a reactor right next to the base without any threat.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »
SUCCESS.  While the entire interior of the chamber was destroied, there was no damange to the surrounding area.

People, WE HAVE A DESIGN.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »
*contemplates how best to foil Apo's plot*
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 12:38:22 am »
Oh God, Technic Pack. :horrified:

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 12:45:09 pm »
Well leo, considering the latest updates to technic, first you need to buy minecraft.

Also, I've made it so that even if the reactor is sabotaged, it shouldn't damage any part of the city unless extraordinary means are taken.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:25 pm »
Well leo, considering the latest updates to technic, first you need to buy minecraft.

Also, I've made it so that even if the reactor is sabotaged, it shouldn't damage any part of the city unless extraordinary means are taken.
the latest updates to technic, first you need to buy
technic, first you need to buy
need to buy
You win this time, old man, but rest assured, my vengeance hath no fury.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »
I shall sleep well tonight!

Also, started the framework for the reactor, need about 1k more reinforced stone and we are ready to bring it online.  For safety reasons, I will not add the reactor till I've got enough stone to properly encase it.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 08:22:36 pm »

Also, started the framework for the reactor, need about 1k more reinforced stone and we are ready to bring it online.  For safety reasons, I will not add the reactor till I've got enough stone to properly encase it.
Wait....aren't y'all playing on a server run out of Kenny's place?
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 09:25:22 pm »
yes, but we are using technic, which now validates minecraft accounts.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 11:01:50 pm »
yes, but we are using technic, which now validates minecraft accounts.
But you are dependent on Kenny and his server.....

heheheheh.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:40 am »
Eh, I play SP as well, but I don't need a nuclear reactor in SP because I have 4 solar arrays.  I'm making the reactor for the challenge and to help the people on kennys server.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 08:54:42 am »

Wait....aren't y'all playing on a server run out of Kenny's place?

Here's a plot for you.  Get Israel to bomb Kenny's place.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 07:52:47 pm »
Reactor is now ONLINE.

It runs in 2 and a half-hour cycles when loaded with uranium with a 7minute cooldown.  However, don't run it without checking with me first, especially if it's been running a few times, because parts might need periodic replacement.

My next project, is to finish the construction of a transformer station to convert it to usable power.  After that, the sky is the limit!
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • looking for new personal text
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 38.87" long.
  • has 796 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: im317
  • Ruler: im317
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 10:46:55 pm »
explain this to me in simple/small words and set up the mass fab so i can start converting scrap
Silly child. You should know the RIA can't die. This place is like a zombie, but without a brain so even a head shot won't do it.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 01:59:38 pm »
First, with the current setup, the reactor can run 15time on it's 2 hour 40 minute cycles (thats basically 30 hours) without cooldown.  However, the base cooldown time is 7 minutes (multiplied for each consecutitive cycle, as in 3 cyckes = 8 hours runtin, 21 minute cooldown).  During the cycle, it produces 22,000,000 EU at a rate of 105.1EU/t

The reactor produces energy, but the MSFUs put it out as HV (512eu/t).  This would destroy most machines, so it needs to be converted down to LV for general use, however the MASSFAB uses 512EU/T, which is out current output.

So, to get the Massfab running, all we need is a permanent building you want it in.  Then, we run Diamond Cable to it.  However, the Massfab requires 1mil energy to produce 1 matter, so for each reactor cycle, it can run a maximum of 22 times.  Also, the massfab requires 34 scrap to run at maximum efficiently, so to produce 22 matter efficiently, you need:

time: 2hours 40 minutes
Scrap: 748 scrap
energy: 22mil EU (roughly)

I suggest that if you want to run the massfab, you put uranium in the open slots in the reactor to replace the stock of the energy you will use.

For other energy uses, we need LV power, this will be accomplished by using 3 transformers to convert it:

HV->MV->LV  It has to be constructed carefully, because a tiny slip and the whole thing explodes.

Is that simple enough, or should I try to make it easier to understand?
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:29 pm »
Why am I here...

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317