Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: My adventures in aquarium nonsense.  (Read 9127 times)

Offline what the pluck

My adventures in aquarium nonsense.
« on: February 13, 2017, 05:32:56 pm »
Chomper says:

いいじゃない

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: My adventures in aquarium nonsense.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:44:45 pm »
Yaaaaaay!

Finally I'm not the only one who goes with black sand!!!

Also, yay for clams!!!!

Live plants or fake?
Zpilot21: if i get a call from you, im gonna murder your dog
Zpilot21: >_>
Moth: Zeep, no!
---
Zeep: you hate my dog so much, you hate it into non-existance!
Moth: :D
---
Zpilot21: im sorry!
Moth: That's intolerable! You're being put on the RIA's perma-ZI list!
Zpilot21: ;_;
---
Quote from: Leo
okay?
---
***This spot is my tribute to Flask***
**Dont tell him he has a tribute from me though**

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:52:53 pm »
Live.
いいじゃない

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:14:19 pm »
Yay for you and going live!!!!

I always loved live plants, but I just couldnt keep the interest in them to keep alive...that and the fish I got kept uprooting the damn things.

Funny how now I'm into reef tanks with coral, which is basically just really expensive colorful plants. lol.

Anyway, how big of a tank and what else you got in there if anything else!?

With that said...I'm no expert when it comes to aquariums by any means, I cut corners WAAAY too much and dont listen to warnings worth shit. That and I am rather neglecting when it comes to weekly care. HOWEVER, if you should have any questions, feel free to ask!!! I have plenty of years of experience, and know PLENTY of things NOT to do.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:18:01 pm by ZPO4O »
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 04:38:37 pm »
I have a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon and a 1 gallon. XD

The 10 gallon has 7 guppies, 1 male betta, 4 albino cories, and 2 panda cories. And two apple/mystery snails.
I know, way too much, but I can't help myself.
Also, the snails keep ripping the plants up. But the sand in there isn't deep enough to really bury them. :/ The older ones are just fine but these newer ones like floating.
I also have a floating log in there that has decided it wants to be a fish also, so it swims around the tank and the fish like to swim around and through it.

The 5 gallon has the clam and an unknown number of shrimp. Last I counted there were 9. So I don't really know. XD It's made specifically for shrimp. Since I like shrimp. And it's sitting on my desk so I get to watch them all day. The chemical levels are finally starting to even out.

The 1 gallon was an "accidental purchase". I found a tiny baby female betta and it was suddenly necessary to have her, so I also had to buy her a tank. She's growing up pretty well so far. Very interactive and curious. She's finally starting to be able to snack on bigger flakes. For the first week or so she couldn't even bite chunks off and could only handle the tiny crumbled dust. So I'm proud of her for that. I'm thinking about getting her a female betta for a friend but all the ones I see are massive in comparison. So right now she gets to be alone, but she seems happy.
いいじゃない

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 01:32:32 am »
Oh dang! You are like me but on a smaller scale and further ahead!

I have 3 tanks planned over all, but only one in the going process so to speak...

20 gal in my bedroom with a 10 gal sump/overflow is the one I'm working on/resetting up.

Other then that, I have a 27-29 hex on the main floor which i'm unsure what I will do with yet...

And in the basement I have a 50 gal which I plan on adding a 20-30 gal sump to...

3 saltwater tanks in the works/progress, but 20ish is the smallest. You on the other hand have 3 tanks going, but they are all rather small and freshwater.

I would honestly love to continue watching your progress and whatnot. It will motivate me to keep up with my tanks and finally set the other two up. Plus, I want a pic of the baby beta female!!!!! Ive only seen adults, never children of betas!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 01:35:33 am by ZPO4O »
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been a diplomat Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 05:20:31 am »
...I have a dog...
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 09:02:55 am »
...I have a dog...
That's not a nice thing to say about your mother, gangs
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been a diplomat Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 09:21:14 am »
...I have a dog...
That's not a nice thing to say about your mother, gangs
I'd say I have your mums pussy too, but it was way too wild for that. Cougar doesn't cut it either.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:23:41 am by Gangs »
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 06:49:33 pm »
I figured I might as well share Seann's tanks too.

This is Mia, my baby female betta.

http://i.imgur.com/SP4S5xV.png

This is Seann's puffer tank. Previously my pea puffers, but they're too vicious to be with anyone else. There are two puffers in the front of the tank. Play the game, find the fish, win feeling stupid. Also a dead shrimp on the bottom and a live shrimp on the top.

http://i.imgur.com/VWsxe2c.png

Critter carrier of brine shrimp. Hard to take a picture of, but there are lots in the picture that aren't on the filter. XD

http://i.imgur.com/Y2DX4st.png

Snail tank, hopefully breeding to feed the puffers. There's more than I could readily see in the photo.

http://i.imgur.com/SBGp6oq.png

And this is his main tank. Where I toss all my fish when my tanks get too full. XD He has lots of neons because I wanted to try out guppies instead. (the guppies have lots more personality, no regrets)

http://i.imgur.com/vStLwtH.png
いいじゃない

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 01:10:53 am »
@_@
I need you in my neighborhood...I need motivation and a partner in crime to get setting up my other tanks...

I love the aquascaping for the puffer tank by the way!!!
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 01:15:07 am »
Holy mother of fishes...
Never knew building and maintaining aquariums was such an involved process.
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 04:02:26 pm »
Seann's the one who keeps pushing plants on me. Blame him. Go to him for your motivations.
いいじゃない

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 06:50:55 pm »
my dad did a fair amount of diving (mostly gulf/southeast) for his work, and maintained a saltwater aquarium when he was young, iirc.

I always thought it would be a cool thing to take up.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 03:32:45 pm »
ZEEP. I'M SUPER CONFUSED ABOUT HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS.

So almost three weeks ago I had to change the shrimp tank because the old one cracked. It was confirmed that my mystery snail had indeed completely disappeared from the tank. I hadn't seen him in a while. So he's been gone at least three weeks.

Last night I finally decided to go looking for him. I found him on the floor behind my desk. He didn't look terribly dead and he didn't smell, so I put him in a cup of water and went to bed.

HE'S STILL FUCKING ALIVE. ZEEP. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO.
いいじゃない

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 08:04:16 pm »
Snails are...very odd...

They are usually the first signs of trouble in your tank water, but yet seem to outlive anything else...I really dont get them.

Keep the lil fighter alive! Get em in another tank and keep him truckin!
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 09:13:47 pm »
I put him back in the shrimp tank. I already have two mystery snails in my other tank.

One of the mystery snails was gotten to keep the puffer fish company. Until we realized that they make the bad kind of company.

It's just fucking hilarious, because the snail that escape is named Elvis. So... Elvis had left the building.
いいじゃない

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 10:17:05 pm »
But now Elvis is back!!! That is funny though.

And yeah, puffers are mean to damn near anything.
---
---
---
okay?
---

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 10:37:37 pm »
I was taking photos of Chomper to show off his feeding tube thingy, and he was very...slowly... photo bombed.

いいじゃない

Offline what the pluck

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 09:36:15 pm »
Looking good...

http://i.imgur.com/wNFVyWR.jpg

I was able to count 6 ghost shrimp last. So I went to the store and got 5 cherry shrimp. :3 I look forward to them settling in.
いいじゃない

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317