Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I'm uploading YouTube videos again  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: I'm uploading YouTube videos again
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:15 am »
SSB64 didn't seem too dead at Smashcon.

But, I can see why people prefer Melee.

Actually, weekly, there seems to be an active 64 smash community where I meetup for Capcom fighters

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 01:55:22 am »
Smash competitively confuses me though with it's...focus, I guess.

The game seems to be built around and embraces chaos and people do their best they can to restrict that chaos by banning most of the stages and all items.

I can understand game breaking bugs, but I don't get banning Metaknight. Oh, and yeah tripping was really dumb.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 06:32:55 pm »
everyone hates tripping in the competitive world. banning metaknight only happened for the first few years. And to be fair, it was because he had every advantage you could think of...
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Meta_Knight_%28SSBB%29 check out the match-up list... assuming both players are equal in skill, metaknight only loses to pikachu 50% of the time...

Meta Knight has a Godlike matchup spread. He has by far the most favourable matchup spread in Brawl, with a weighted total of 252 (more than twice the amount of Ice Climbers, the character with the second highest weighted total) on the current SWF matchup chart. He has one even matchup, soft counters nine characters, counters thirteen, hard counters eleven, and has two close to unloseable matchups. Against other top and high-tiered characters, he has one even matchup, soft counters seven matchups, and counters one matchup. Even his one even matchup (against Pikachu) is highly disputed and even proven to be wrong, and many players, even Pikachu professional ESAM, believe it to be in Meta Knight's favour. The other closest to even matchups against Meta Knight include Falco and Ice Climbers, the former due to his ability to projectile camp against Meta Knight, and the latter of course due to their 0-death chaingrabs, but even then, they're heavily stage dependent, only coming close on neutral stages. Meta Knight is considered the hardest matchup for many characters, with certain characters, such as R.O.B. and Luigi's positions on the tier list significantly dropping in large part due to their poor matchups against Meta Knight. Meta Knight can easily beat every character in the game and is the toughest matchup for almost every other character.

As for ssb64 I would love to play with some people that are serious about the game, all the people i used to play with moved away.

And for removing stages and such... have you seen half the stages in melee?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cj-QHPEIj8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cj-QHPEIj8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPdt_xnleU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPdt_xnleU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiSih-KL6E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiSih-KL6E</a>
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:40:03 pm by Brian »
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 07:04:44 pm »
wow. that looks really technical and distracting for the player.

more fun to watch though. kind of the same principle as having a 3000 man naval battle inside the Colosseum.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:11:41 pm by Jake from State Farm »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 07:39:16 pm »
so what makes fighting games replayable? is it playing with the same people? what keeps it fresh

and what would you guys say is your favorite memory of a fighting game

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 08:58:50 pm »
probably the thing everyone loves about fighting games is that no matter how much mastery you have, not matter how much you know, no matter how much you perfect your play. A) There is a counter to what you are doing that lets someone beat you, and B) there is someone that will wipe the floor with your shitty skills while using shitty pheonix wright that shouldn't ever win any fights ever.

As for my favorite memory with was in SSB64, I was shitty and my friend was really really good at the game, The first time I successfully sucked him in as i was falling to my death as kirby and took him with me.
Basically this but without the super crappy music that is being played 500% to loud.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19oTeKAC-gk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19oTeKAC-gk</a>

And the stages would be interesting to watch, but it can make for a very unfair fight if you happen to get screwed over by random chance (ie tripping in brawl). I have mixed feelings when it comes to items and the less flat/boring/balanced stages. I feel they can be super fun with friends, but generally i prefer them to be off so nobody gets the OP random items.
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 10:41:19 pm »
See, my feelings on random chance screwjobs is different.

I like that good players can lose to bad ones.

It feels more realistic to me. Because I'm bad.

Actually it's sorta the drama of it that gets me.

It's almost like pro wrestling.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 10:45:39 pm »
so what makes fighting games replayable? is it playing with the same people? what keeps it fresh

and what would you guys say is your favorite memory of a fighting game

Yeah, playing with a group that you grow with is an experience that I could live over and over again.

Favorite memory? Honestly, probably when I just all of a sudden "got" Phoenix Wright. Or when I won a tournament with him. :p

Then again, outside of Marvel, I played the FUCK out of Budokai Tenkaichi 3. And there are several stories/fights in that. It's probably the fighter I have the most experience with, actually.

Whereas, most pros could kick my ass in Marvel, I without a doubt would destroy you in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and I will drive at least 200 miles to prove it.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 10:49:45 pm »
Also I've decided to buy Ultimate MVC3 on PS3 this Friday.

So I'll be HitBoxing with Marvel finally.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 07:28:42 am »
Okay, so what makes fighting games good, is enough chaos to keep things balanced, and maybe sometimes imbalancing things, but not enough to make skill irrelevant. weaknesses in every fighter so that an upset is always possible. marginal characters that no one expects, overthrowing the established order

btw I always thought you were trolling when you posted threads about pro wrestling kenny. it's not easy to tell when you're serious.

also I always liked kirby even though I never got into nintendo games. maybe it's the atypical idgaf antihero style. kind of a rounder shorter majin buu.

anyway, what if there was a game where you developed skills by using them and they could also be passed down to others like a master would in a fighting school? then you could get fighting school showdowns like the old kung fu movies.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:34:01 am by Jake from State Farm »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 09:31:31 pm »
This video sums up balance in games fairly well imo.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w</a>

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • looking for new personal text
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 38.87" long.
  • has 796 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: im317
  • Ruler: im317
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 11:43:12 pm »
Kenny i just found out that you are doing adds for fried chicken.
Silly child. You should know the RIA can't die. This place is like a zombie, but without a brain so even a head shot won't do it.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:00 am »

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 04:21:36 am »
guys stop derailing my topic

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 12:08:31 pm »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317