Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: help with ripping multiple CDs that are given the same name  (Read 6907 times)

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • looking for new personal text
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 38.72" long.
  • has 794 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: im317
  • Ruler: im317
help with ripping multiple CDs that are given the same name
« on: August 15, 2017, 11:55:53 pm »
ok so i know how to use Windows Media Player and rip and convert a CD into a .mp3 file. my issue is that when i rip an audio book there will be 5+ disks to rip, and the file names for each disk come out as

blahblah1
blahblah2

for each track. that would be fine, only there named that way for every disc. so once i rip them if i want to put them all together and in order i have to manually rename each track.

i figure there has to be a way to either auto rename them or have them rip with different names. the best would be if i could select the files i want to rename, make a list of what i want to change there names to and then have it automatically rename them from the top of the list down. that way i only have to type in a number for each track once.

so can anyone help me? if i have to use other software that's fine.
Silly child. You should know the RIA can't die. This place is like a zombie, but without a brain so even a head shot won't do it.

Offline New Reverie

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Baby Cactus
  • war boner is 27.9" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New Reverie
  • Ruler: New Reverie
Re: help with ripping multiple CDs that are given the same name
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 02:57:47 am »
Simple solution is to make a .cmd file to rename all the files.
Did I not tell you just now that we are different from the persecutors of the past? We are not content with negative obedience, nor even with the most abject submission. When finally you surrender to us, it must be of your own free will. We do not destroy the heretic because he resists us: so long as he resists us we never destroy him. We convert him, we capture his inner mind, we reshape him. We burn all evil and all illusion out of him; we bring him over to our side, not in appearance, but genuinely, heart and soul. We make him one of ourselves before we kill him. It is intolerable to us that an erroneous thought should exist anywhere in the world, however secret and powerless it may be. Even in the instant of death we cannot permit any deviation. In the old days the heretic walked to the stake still a heretic, proclaiming his heresy, exulting in it. Even the victim of the Russian purges could carry rebellion locked up in his skull as he walked down the passage waiting for the bullet. But we make the brain perfect before we blow it out. The command of the old despotisms was "Thou shalt not". The command of the totalitarians was "Thou shalt". Our command is "Thou art". No one whom we bring to this place ever stands out against us. Everyone is washed clean. Even those three miserable traitors in whose innocence you once believed, in the end we broke them down. I took part in their interrogation myself. I saw them gradually worn down, whimpering, grovelling, weeping -- and in the end it was not with pain or fear, only with penitence. By the time we had finished with them they were only the shells of men. There was nothing left in them except sorrow for what they had done, and love of Big Brother. It was touching to see how they loved him. They begged to be shot quickly, so that they could die while their minds were still clean.

Offline New Reverie

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Baby Cactus
  • war boner is 27.9" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New Reverie
  • Ruler: New Reverie
Did I not tell you just now that we are different from the persecutors of the past? We are not content with negative obedience, nor even with the most abject submission. When finally you surrender to us, it must be of your own free will. We do not destroy the heretic because he resists us: so long as he resists us we never destroy him. We convert him, we capture his inner mind, we reshape him. We burn all evil and all illusion out of him; we bring him over to our side, not in appearance, but genuinely, heart and soul. We make him one of ourselves before we kill him. It is intolerable to us that an erroneous thought should exist anywhere in the world, however secret and powerless it may be. Even in the instant of death we cannot permit any deviation. In the old days the heretic walked to the stake still a heretic, proclaiming his heresy, exulting in it. Even the victim of the Russian purges could carry rebellion locked up in his skull as he walked down the passage waiting for the bullet. But we make the brain perfect before we blow it out. The command of the old despotisms was "Thou shalt not". The command of the totalitarians was "Thou shalt". Our command is "Thou art". No one whom we bring to this place ever stands out against us. Everyone is washed clean. Even those three miserable traitors in whose innocence you once believed, in the end we broke them down. I took part in their interrogation myself. I saw them gradually worn down, whimpering, grovelling, weeping -- and in the end it was not with pain or fear, only with penitence. By the time we had finished with them they were only the shells of men. There was nothing left in them except sorrow for what they had done, and love of Big Brother. It was touching to see how they loved him. They begged to be shot quickly, so that they could die while their minds were still clean.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »
in case you want something with plenty of options.
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • has 794 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 03:36:38 pm »
thanks guys. i think im going to just do the built in thing and see if that's enough.
Silly child. You should know the RIA can't die. This place is like a zombie, but without a brain so even a head shot won't do it.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 06:10:40 pm »
you might also get lucky and the tracks would be in musicbrainz database. in which case
https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
would do all the tagging and naming for you.
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 794 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:17:14 pm »
you might also get lucky and the tracks would be in musicbrainz database. in which case
https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
would do all the tagging and naming for you.

i just grabbed that, will it auto tag them or do i have to put them into something? i also seem to recall that my tape converter came with some level of access to Gracenote. don't have it installed on this computer but that might have the track info as well.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 10:54:33 am »
you add the folder(s) i did my entire music collection overnight once. it will load the music into the left side. You click scan and it will check the files aginst musicbrainz database. if your lucky everything will be perfect and it will find the music. then just hit save. it will save a stupid amount of data as ID3 tags.

http://i.imgur.com/IOnHlyH.png
help with ripping multiple CDs that are given the same name

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 794 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 11:22:58 pm »
long story short, iTunes did have the CD info. just when they ask you if you want to import the CD they have you pick which it is from a list. they have 2 enters that are identical, the first time i picked the first entry and it gave me what i now think is the info the disc itself came with. this time i picked the second one and it gave the real names of each track. which in this case was the name of the chapter, including info on if it was the second track for that chapter or if it included part of a second chapter.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 11:11:06 am »
nice! glad it worked out for you!

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 35 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317