Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: lol, C++  (Read 3567 times)

Offline SWAT128

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 2.37" long.
  • has 28 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: SWATLand
  • Ruler: SWAT128
lol, C++
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:02:46 am »
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

void divisibleBy (int x){

if (x % 5){
    cout << "is divisible by five " << endl;
}else{
    cout << "is not divisible by five " << endl;
}
 if (x % 10){
    cout << "and divisible by ten" << endl;
}else{
    cout << "but not divisible by ten" << endl;
}

}

int main()
{
  int b;

char Answer;

cout << "Please enter a number" << endl;

cin >> Answer;

divisibleBy(Answer);

return 0;
}

I'm making a function to see if a number the user inputs is divisible by five and ten. The problem I'm having is that no matter what number I put in, it says it's divisible by both five and ten.

Edit: Made that change and now it's telling me numbers that are divisible by five aren't.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:15:09 am by SWAT128 »

October 08 - May 09

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
Re: lol, C++
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:09:46 am »
Code: [Select]

#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>
using namespace std;

void DivisibleBy(int);

void main()
{
  int A=0;
  cin >> A;
  DivisibleBy(A);
System("Pause");
}

void DivisibleBy(int A)
{

if (A%5==0)
{
cout << endl<<  A << " is divisible by 5"<<endl;
if (A%10==0)
cout << endl<<  A << " is also divisible by 10"<<endl;
}
}

Gimmie a min and I'll show corrections on yours
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:37:25 am by Apophis775 »
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 01:15:14 am »
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

void divisibleBy (int x){     You should only have prototypes above the main

if (x % 5){ Using modulus is good, but you need to compare it to something,  x%5==0  should be the condition.  Basically, you will use modulus to get the remainder, and compare it to 0, if it's 0, then it's divisible by 5.
}else if (x%!5){   A bit repetitive, you don't need an else if here, you can use just an else.
}
 if (x % 10){  This should be within the If of the check to see if it is divisible by 5
}else if (x%!10){
    cout << "but not divisible by ten" << endl;  This is unnecessary, but you could put it into the else where it says not divisbile by 5 because if it's not divisible by 5, it's definatly not divisible by 10
}

}

int main()
{
  int b;

char Answer;

cin >> Answer;  you need them to input a number, so this sould be cin >> b;  Thts because your using b as your variable.  Answer is a char, which would mean that it would take th enumber, and convert it to an ascii value.

divisibleBy(Answer);

return 0;
}
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline SWAT128

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • has 28 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:22:41 am »
Write a C++ function called divisibleBy that takes an integer as a parameter, and prints out the integer and then "is divisible by five" if the integer is evenly divisible by 5, otherwise it prints "is not divisible by five".  If the number IS evenly divisible by 5, also print " and divisible by ten" if it is also divisible by 10, otherwise print " but not divisible by ten".

I have to make it say that it's not divisible by five or ten if it isn't. That's where I'm having trouble, it keeps telling me that everything is divisible by five and ten.

October 08 - May 09

Offline SWAT128

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 28 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:27:46 am »
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

if (x % 5==0){
}else{
}
 if (x % 10==0){
}else{
    cout << "but not divisible by ten" << endl;
}

}

int main()
{
  int b;

char Answer;

cin >> Answer;

divisibleBy(Answer);

return 0;
}

It's still giving me fucked up answers.

October 08 - May 09

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 01:59:48 am »
This is how I would do it, personally:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
  int input(0);
  bool five(0), ten(0);

cout << "Please enter a number: ";
  cin >> input;
  cout << endl;

if (input%5==0) {five = true;}
  if (input%10==0) {ten = true;}

if (five==false && ten==false) {cout << "This number is not divisible by either five or ten.\n";}
  if (five==true && ten==false) {cout << "This number is divisible by five, but not by ten.\n";}
  if (five==false && ten==true) {cout << "This number is not divisible by five, but is by ten.\n";}
  if (five==true && ten==true) {cout << "This number is divisible by both five and ten.\n";}

return 0;
}

Though I don't see anything wrong with Apophis' code.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:28:10 am by Locke »

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 02:38:31 am »
Swat, read the corrections i did to your code.  Your asking for a number, taking that number in as a character.  which means that when you try to use it as a number, you get a different value.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 07:43:39 am »
In other words, change

char Answer;

to

int Answer;

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:58 am »
Crap...and here i was, about to regal you all with my Indian coding prowess, effectively reinforcing one of the most widely recognised stereotypes against indian society, when Pterrydactyl and locke came along to steeeeel all mah gloreh...
sorry swat, i promise ill be first to reply, the next time you're blind and stupid.
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Crazyman93

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Waffle Commissar
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 5.43" long.
  • has 15 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Seraven Empire
  • Ruler: Crazyman93
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:51:59 pm »
Everything is divisible by five and ten.
It just won't always be a whole number.

Spoiler for Hiden:
<--I'm somewhere in there.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5745/tigerrv.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2228/55990.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Airhammer/Women%20of%20Wrestling/Brooke%20Adams/BrookeAdams22.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/huntms83/hAz1qe5fld.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzn4eJw721qb197bo1_500.jpg

I'd like to thank the RIA for giving me a place to hide my hotgirl pics

Spoiler for Hiden:
Quote from: Jenne
You should not question what you know nothing about.  No one in RIA willl ever question crazyman's dedication to our alliance.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 09:51:24 pm »
Damn it.  Thanks for making my brain hurt.  I learned C in school, not C++, so the syntax still fucks with me.  My roommate took a C++ class a couple years later.  I helped him out with one of his assignments.  Problem was, he didn't tell me it was C++ and not C, so he was less than happy when the teacher asked him who did his assignment for him.

But yeah, char != int. 

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 02:48:42 am »
Im learning python, learnt a bit of c in coll, this shite is easy.
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 08:01:07 am »
Im learning python, learnt a bit of c in coll, this shite is easy.
A lot of the software I use now uses python scripting.  That would be very useful to know, but I've never gotten into it. 

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 02:25:26 pm »
Python is by far, the simplest language i've read.
Go learn some.
Yeah, fuck you.
Not enough goats?
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »
Python is simple as balls.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 03:51:17 pm »
Focus on c++.  Bitches love C++.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Croix

• Gigantuar
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has colonized Mars! Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 14.44" long.
  • has 396 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Nation Link
  • Nation: Edjaal
  • Ruler: Croix
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 04:03:42 pm »
you guys.

sorcery.

stop it.
Photobucket wants 400bucks a year to hotlink, lolno
[20:31:00] <@ShadowSlayer[RIA]> ALL I DO IS PLAY WITH BIG GUYS
thank you for your time

be warned that your sig is now against the rule if it mentions me

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 04:53:57 pm »
The correct term is wizardry.  Sorcerers just polish their ass to level, while wizards actually research and learn shit.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 07:40:42 pm »
There is so much old code out there that no one is willing/able to upgrade, that learning Fortran is still a marketable skill.  If nothing else, get paid to convert it to C++.  Though Fortran reads just like C, so it's pretty understandable without too much actual knowledge.  You could probably convert it anyway.

Offline Croix

• Gigantuar
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has colonized Mars! Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 14.44" long.
  • has 396 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Nation Link
  • Nation: Edjaal
  • Ruler: Croix
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 12:31:29 am »
The correct term is wizardry.  Sorcerers just polish their ass to level, while wizards actually research and learn shit.
BY THAT DEFINITION, I DO MEAN SORCERER FOR YOU
Photobucket wants 400bucks a year to hotlink, lolno
[20:31:00] <@ShadowSlayer[RIA]> ALL I DO IS PLAY WITH BIG GUYS
thank you for your time

be warned that your sig is now against the rule if it mentions me

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 49 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317