Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: How desperate am I to fund my short film? THIS DESPERATE.  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
How desperate am I to fund my short film? THIS DESPERATE.
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:41:14 pm »
It is currently at $395.  If it reaches $500, I will DYE MY HAIR GREEN FOR A WEEK and post pictures.

I've spread this to facebook already, as well as our twitter.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Four years of Random Insanity Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.55" long.
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Dilbobagginese
  • Ruler: rlrcstrnthusiast
Re: How desperate am I to fund my short film? THIS DESPERATE.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:44 pm »
And to those of us who have already donated. <_<

Give a black man a dumbbell, and he'll find a way to work out every muscle with it.

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3. Power Supply: Antec 80+ rated 750 Watt. Processor: Intel CoreI7 2600K @ 3.4GHz.  RAM: 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Mem @1600 MHz. Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti graphics.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 10:12:49 pm »
No dick pics? Reoga will not be pleased.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:57:49 am »
And to those of us who have already donated. <_<

You have an executive producer credit!

This is more of a way to try and get 20 people to donate $5.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:07:22 am »
But, there are additional plans for each $500 mark.

For example at hitting $1000, we will do a paintball "quick-draw" to see which of our producers is superior.  I will be using my Spyder MR 2 fully automatic, and my opponent will be using a Tippman A3.  THe other producer will be using a Project Salvo special edition.

It will be filmed and posted once we hit $1000
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »
You are tempting me to donate.  What does $5.00 get me?  I want my name in the credits and a one second shot of a penis spliced into your film ala Fight Club style.

Offline Princess Celly

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactus
  • Awards Has colonized the Moon! User figured out how to work the award system Has been a diplomat RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a Triumvir One year of Random Insanity Was elected to be Captain Planet The Disorder War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War
  • war boner is 11.85" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New XGA
  • Ruler: HeroofTime55
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:51:14 pm »
i dont understand why "ill go out and play paintball with my friends!" is an incentive for me to donate.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:16:24 am »
You are tempting me to donate.  What does $5.00 get me?  I want my name in the credits and a one second shot of a penis spliced into your film ala Fight Club style.

For $5 gets you name in the credits.

$1000 gets a 1 frame penis slice.

Also, we are only $5 away from me dying my hair green (either during production, or for st. Patties, gonna let the other producers choose).

i dont understand why "ill go out and play paintball with my friends!" is an incentive for me to donate.

It's not "I'll go out and play paintball", the plan is that we will each start back to back and blindfolded.  We will walk 20 paces, turn and unload (still blindfolded).  We wouldn't be using any of the fundraiser money for that, we would fund that ourselves.  (this wasn't my idea)

Anyway, here's the thing.  Honestly, everyone I talk too that reads the script loves it, I'm trying to convince the director to let me post it somewhere so people can see it and see why it would be such a good movie, but we don't want someone to snatch it up and make it.  There's a VERY good chance the short will make it into the Chicago Film Festival and from what people are telling me, they think it could be a festival favorite and possibly a winner.

Beyond that, I'm investing $500 of my own money, and the director is investing $900 of his to push us up (we are doing direct-deposit to the bank account).  Any money we get from crowdfunding is basically just increasing the quality, and giving us a chance to make it better.

Our minimum amount needed (super bare bones), to make this, is about $2600, which we will hopefully be able to get (we only need about 700 more).  Once we get that, we are green-lit.  We are applying for a number of grants, and our plan with crowdfunding, is to try and take the "Weight" off the grant requests in order to try and increase our chances for them (it's easier to get $1000 than $3000).

As of right this exact moment, our current total from all fundraising is:

$495 from indieGoGo
$500 from me
$900 from Director

Total: $1895.  This means we are going to be requesting about $2000 from the grant (hopefully we'll get half).  With $3,000 we'll be able to hire our SFX guy for the blood/gunshots, rent the guns, pay for a fire-marshall and police officer to be on-location for the shooting scenes (chicago law), provide Craft Services for the cast and crew, and cover our expendables.  Not to mention, anything we get that pushs us over $3,000 gives us a nice cushion to be able to cover unexpected expenses that might come up.

Let me point out, this isn't some "random no-budget short".  We are shooting on the RED Epic, that is the same type of camera The Hobbit, Jumper, and Star Trek: Into Darkness were shot on, and is the same camera that the next Thor movie will be shot on.  We got VERY lucky and got a Director of photography to sign-on (for free after reading the script) who has access to this Super expensive and high-tech camera.  We have hired SAG (screen actors guild) actors, who are working for waived payment as a favor to one of our instructors, and because they really like the script.

I am saying this in all seriousness, any donations help us make this short better.  Were locking locations and dates, but it's much easier to get a location if we can pay them for it, and our special effects guy is the biggest expense we have.  With our current funds, we may end up having to go digital effects (which to be honest, looks like complete shit on the RED Epic).  Were applying for grants, and talking to investors, but if this movie gets made, unless a random investor decides to drop a grand, it will be because of small donations ($100 and less) from people I know both IRL and on the internet.

So again, I ask, please, if you can afford to give even $5, it's a great help for us.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 07:55:38 am »
There you go, start dying.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »
The current debate, is if I should bleach first...
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »
The current debate, is if I should bleach first...
If your hair is fairly dark, you will need to bleach first or it's will just look darker but not really green.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 05:54:28 pm »
So yea, we went this this stuff a local hair place recommended that was "comb in" and it was a disaster, though, I have before/after pictures.

I talked with the production team, and the decision was made that it would be more "hilarious" if my hair was green in all the behind the scenes and official photos, so they want me to re-dye for the production (our hair+makeup person will do it on April 19th).

But, here's the pictures of my attempt:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/freeyourmind775/2013-03-16153544_zps946b0a94.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/freeyourmind775/2013-03-16190303_zps8d163989.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/freeyourmind775/2013-03-16190308_zpsd30ffbc3.jpg

Also, my hands, scalp, pillow, couch, and jacket have green tints to them now :V
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Four years of Random Insanity Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.55" long.
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Dilbobagginese
  • Ruler: rlrcstrnthusiast
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 12:55:43 am »
Yeaaaaah, that didn't work to well, did it?

Give a black man a dumbbell, and he'll find a way to work out every muscle with it.

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3. Power Supply: Antec 80+ rated 750 Watt. Processor: Intel CoreI7 2600K @ 3.4GHz.  RAM: 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Mem @1600 MHz. Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti graphics.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 03:10:40 am »
Nope.  But then, it's not like I had any idea what I was doing.  I get my hair cut super-short constantly and never tried to dye it before...
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Croix

• Gigantuar
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Has colonized Mars! Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 14.44" long.
  • has 396 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Nation Link
  • Nation: Edjaal
  • Ruler: Croix
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 03:32:59 am »
oh mayne. maybe if you rubbed your shirt on your hair it would work better :X
Photobucket wants 400bucks a year to hotlink, lolno
[20:31:00] <@ShadowSlayer[RIA]> ALL I DO IS PLAY WITH BIG GUYS
thank you for your time

be warned that your sig is now against the rule if it mentions me

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317