Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: METAL  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized the Moon!
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 03:29:39 am »
Blind Guardian are among my favourite bands ^_^

Engraged - you may like bands like Rhapsody, Ensiferum, possibly Turisas and the like.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 06:23:31 am »
I don't know why it seems everyone in the RIA listens to metal but me. >_>

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
METAL
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 08:24:14 am »
Quote from: Aaron
Blind Guardian are among my favourite bands ^_^

Engraged - you may like bands like Rhapsody, Ensiferum, possibly Turisas and the like.
I already have some of Rhapsody's stuff, but I'm not very big into power metal, so I only have the obvious bands.
fuck off

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized the Moon!
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 01:24:28 pm »
Sabaton - Cliffs of Galipoli

These guys are great power metal, they sing a lot about war and people who fought in them, but never glorifies war or takes sides.

C-zom

METAL
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 04:27:24 pm »
Lets go NWOBHM

Judas Priest

Judas Priest was formed in the late 60's, and is credited for making the metal we know today along with black sabbath. They are the originators of the twin guitar sound as well. And while their first album was mainstream rock, they differentiated themselves from the others with
Sad Wings of Destiny
Sin after Sin
and
Staind Class

They went on to make over a dozen more albums, constantly evolving their own sound until its metal peak in the Painkiller album. (Even though I like Defenders of the Faith more.)

Judas Priest has become popular for their twin guitar solos, their energy and Halford's performance as one of the best frontmen in rock/metal ever until recently. Rob Halford, their vocalist, has a nearly four octave range and while not technically impressive on paper he has been known to sing entire sections of songs in G5, and no I don't mean painkiller. He has shown some of the best note control in the business, not just using screams to this effect as he does often but
Entire goddamn verses. (Skip to middle)

Modern Judas Priest is nothing to turn your attention on, as they peaked on defenders of the faith and since anything past painkiller have become a mockery of themselves in similar fashion to Megadeth. But in their time they were the headlining NWOBHM heavy metal band, inspiring moterhead, Iron Maiden, and more to be formed.

Below are 4 songs detailing their energy and sound, then four more showing Halford's range.

Top 4 Live songs:

Electric Eye live

Freewheel Burning Live

Screaming for Vengeance live

Riding on the wind live

Top 4 Halford songs:

Beyond the Realms of Death

Painkiller

Sad Wing's live, entire song is NOT falsetto

Desert Plains-- Skip to 3:30

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 06:59:14 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
Rob Halford, their vocalist, has a nearly four octave range and while not technically impressive on paper
Just so you know, that's incredibly impressive on paper. Hell, three octaves is damned impressive.
fuck off

C-zom

METAL
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 10:27:18 pm »
Well to the less educated 3 octaves might not sound impressive. I know its very damn good, but some n00bs here might go "lol 3? thats not a big number haw"

Offline Skulryk

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/demonicadvent
METAL
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 09:32:08 am »
I have to belt to reach my third octave damnit. >_> And even then I can't quite reach a fourth without falsetto. v_v Not that my lowest notes are pretty either though...

There's this vocal trainer on youtube who's all like, "look at me, I sing 6 octaves!" and I'm all like, "Go shove a dildo cuz you only sound good in 2 of them and your upper register still sounds like a weak falsetto even if it isn't!" ... I harbor animosity towards him cuz he helped train Miley Cyrus (supposedly).

Oh, and thanks for the links to Symphony X. Quite enjoyable. ^_^

Agent_Lemon[RIA]: i thought you were a girl for some reason
Skulryk: ... >_>

i already bloody know you know i do know things bloody hell somethings turning away from here back towards NATO

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 09:50:36 am »
I've got three good octaves outside of falsetto, without stretching my voice and may have four with those in.

Hell yeah.
fuck off

Offline Skulryk

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/demonicadvent
METAL
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 10:35:12 am »
I REALLY dislike falsetto ranges... They're so pathetic and weak. X(

Hence why I belt.

Agent_Lemon[RIA]: i thought you were a girl for some reason
Skulryk: ... >_>

i already bloody know you know i do know things bloody hell somethings turning away from here back towards NATO

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 12:41:04 pm »
Quote from: EnragedLobster
I've got three good octaves outside of falsetto, without stretching my voice and may have four with those in.

Hell yeah.
me as well. I also have a deeper voice than my father, and not because he has a high voice, because he doesn't.

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 11:19:13 pm »
Eeee, was itching to post something here. Didn't have time to check out any bands, but I did read the whole thread. With that said, wanted to throw out Opeth. C-Zom if you're juding me out there, somewhere, it's just for the one song Deleverence that I love to pieces. Awesome guitars and even though it's up there in long songs, it doesn't feel dragged out.

I'm not a fan of Dragonforce. I gave them an honest shot a while ago, I want to hear what their craziness would sound like on acoustic (if there's some acoustic Dragonforce song out there, I didn't see/hear it). It's like an explosion of talented guitarists... but like an explosion of guitars.

The only thing I know of Dio (that I can remember off the top of my head) was when he was in some silly movie, thought it was funny. :x So for that I like 'em.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:24:56 pm by Loren »

C-zom

METAL
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2009, 02:17:38 pm »
I suggested Opeth in one of my posts. Don't worry, I'm not judging you from some evil tower plotting my hate against Opeth.  I'm not a big fan but they've got some cool stuff.

Dio was the best part of that movie. The name escapes me as well but it had jack black and wasn't really funny besides for Dio's scene and a couple others

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 11:00:07 pm »
Freaking what, no you didn't. I did not read the whole topic, not check the bands out and then be wrong about Opeth being mentioned. XD

Pick of Destiny? I never saw the whole thing. Just up to a little after him, and at the time I didn't know who he was from, but got some awesome vibes.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2009, 03:06:22 pm »
Between the Buried and Me - Progressive Metalcore/Mathcore
Prequel to the Sequel

Selkies: The Endless Obsession

Likely the best metalcore band to ever have existed, Between the Buried and Me have some of the most complicated music I've ever heard. They slide smoothly between time and key signatures and even genres. Their vocalist, while typically using death vocals, has an excellent clean voice as well and has pulled off a convincing cover of Queen's
Bicycle Race
. The band's influences are innumerable, spanning from the aforementioned Queen to Suffocation. Their latest and best album, Colors, is a single cohesive 64-minute song split up into 8 tracks.
fuck off

C-zom

METAL
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2009, 06:02:41 pm »
Bump.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
METAL
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 07:59:39 am »
Down - Supergroup including members of Pantara, Corrosion of Conformity, Crowbar and Eyehategod.  More CoC style music than Pantara, but still some cool stuff.  
Bury me in Smoke

Ghosts Along the Mississippi

Beautifully Depressed

Corrosion of Conformity
Clean My Wounds

Vote With a oxet

Rebel Meets Rebel - Country rock blend of legends David Allan Coe and Pantara
Cowboys Do More Dope

Nothin' to Lose
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:04:45 am by Jenne »

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2009, 12:36:40 pm »
Also Meshuggah.

C-zom

METAL
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2009, 01:59:57 pm »
anything at all that has anything to do with pantera is not a good thing or a supergroup sorry

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
METAL
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2009, 02:12:49 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
anything at all that has anything to do with pantera is not a good thing or a supergroup sorry
Should I post some Damageplan too?

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317