Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Virginia is leaning 93% towards Obama  (Read 2370 times)

Offline DrunkWino

Virginia is leaning 93% towards Obama
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 09:39:07 am »
Quote from: Grand Poobah Marx
Quote from: llamavore
virginia is still full of dumbfucks. any vote for a demo or repub nominee is a vote for the two party system.

The two party system is a good thing.

Hell no it isn't. No party should ever be able to boast a majority government.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 10:24:01 am »
Quote from: EnragedLobster
virginia is still full of dumbfucks. any vote for a demo or repub nominee is a vote for the two party system.

The two party system is a good thing.
Parties are a bad idea in general

a no-party system is far superior
yup. barring that, the more parties there are, the more it will be like a no party system, presumably. it will be harder for parties to monopolize influence and they'll have to survive on the results they get instead of the 'image' and propaganda and sensationalism of modern politics.

Quote from: Hyperonic
something about anarchy
i said minarchy. i.e. shrinking the government and expanding/emphasizing the responsibilities and rights of the citizens.

Regardless, I'm not voting for the one I think will win. I am voting for the lesser evil, but, I'm trying to think realistically, too.
yes, voting for the lesser evil, like i said. you are voting for someone so that he will beat the guy you dont want in office, instead of simply voting for your favorite candidate, right? that's what i said the problem was. ppl are voting defensively, trying to beat the guy they dislike the most. they're imagining the worst case scenario and voting to prevent it. the result is that the best case scenario, or even the average, doesn't occur, because the lesser evil is still evil and the parties won't nominate someone who will serve the people any more than we force them to. basically all they have to do is scare us a lot and they guarantee that whoever is second scariest wins, because everyone is so worried about what will happen if the scariest guy wins. and like i said the way to deal with this is eliminate one candidate at a time, then even if your favorite candidate doesnt win, you can still vote for the lesser evil down the road. however people will probably still vote with the same mindset until something is done to change public thinking about it, including the dominance of the media by the two parties. how do we pass laws (and not necessarily about the media coverage) about eliminating prejudice against third or non party, if the government is almost completely partisan? how do we establish a nonpartisan platform for evaluating candidates, that isn't dominated by whoever has the most money or some other form of disproportionate influence? and how will the parties react, seeing as how they've become no longer services of the people, but hierarchies and power structures bent on self-preservation? these questions are actually more important than which president we have next, due to the state to which the process has decayed. if the citizens' good isn't reasserted, it doesn't matter how you vote, and if it is reasserted, even the worst president and party of politicians will bend for it. after all, they're only public-use whores.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 11:50:15 am »
lol

Without a two party system nothing would get done; in a multiparty system coalitions have to form in the legislature to pass anything.  they aren't stable because they have conflicting interests within the coalition and often fall apart.  A two party system also requires that each main party much be closer to the center and more moderate, which is a good thing.  Nobody sensible wants a fascist or stalinist party with representation.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 02:59:40 pm »
Without a two party system nothing would get done;

No, there are PLENTY of democratic and/or republic models that feature multiple parties. They have no problems getting the important stuff done.

in a multiparty system coalitions have to form in the legislature to pass anything. they aren't stable because they have conflicting interests within the coalition and often fall apart.

And that's a good thing. I don't want a particular political party ramming their social agenda down my throat. Political coalitions only have to and should only be able to hold toghether long enough to handle critical matters. Which is all they should be dealing with.

A two party system also requires that each main party much be closer to the center and more moderate, which is a good thing.

I'm sorry dude, but that's flat out wrong. The six years of a Republican President and Republican Congress proved that. One party gains a majority, assumes they have some sort of magical mandate from the country and begin to cater to the far wing of their party.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 04:07:14 pm »
- Two Party System
- A Good Thing

Pick one.

Do you understand what a fucking pain in the ass it is to watch the Republican Executive to work with the Democrat Legislative?

Offline anima1111

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 8.74" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 04:52:21 pm »
Quote from: DrunkWino
A two party system also requires that each main party much be closer to the center and more moderate, which is a good thing.

I'm sorry dude, but that's flat out wrong. The six years of a Republican President and Republican Congress proved that. One party gains a majority, assumes they have some sort of magical mandate from the country and begin to cater to the far wing of their party.

Actually Poobah is right about that...

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 05:32:05 pm »
Quote from: anima1111

Actually, no he's not. In fact, he's dead wrong.

The six years that Bush II and the Republicans held Congress saw an attempt to push a far right wing agenda down Americas throats. Or did you think the middle actually approves of assaults on personal freedom/privacy (lol Patriot Act,) attempted manipulation of the Constitution to fit a social engineering agenda (never allow gay marriage amendment,) let poor and/or black people drown for kicks while blaming them for it (New Orleans,) deregulation of the market place (wall street thanks you for that $700 billion, btw.)

You think that's moderate? You think that's the center?! No, fuck that shit, I AM the fucking middle and DON'T EVER try to tell me those fuckers where anywhere near center. Those fucks spent six years calling men like me anti-American cause I didn't simply bend over and allow them to fuck me in the ass.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 02:14:03 pm »
two party system only requires moderation to acquire office. if a party gains enough momentum and majority they can depart from moderation for a time. the opposing party can then use this non-moderation as a fear leverage to indulge their own excesses, which then can be exploited by the first party, and so on and so forth, much like a swing gains momentum from one side to the other, or like a succession of continually larger cocks stretching out the vagina of the Public.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 02:14:41 pm by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline anima1111

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 08:01:37 pm »

Actually, no he's not. In fact, he's dead wrong.

The six years that Bush II and the Republicans held Congress saw an attempt to push a far right wing agenda down Americas throats. Or did you think the middle actually approves of assaults on personal freedom/privacy (lol Patriot Act,) attempted manipulation of the Constitution to fit a social engineering agenda (never allow gay marriage amendment,) let poor and/or black people drown for kicks while blaming them for it (New Orleans,) deregulation of the market place (wall street thanks you for that $700 billion, btw.)

You think that's moderate? You think that's the center?! No, fuck that shit, I AM the fucking middle and DON'T EVER try to tell me those fuckers where anywhere near center. Those fucks spent six years calling men like me anti-American cause I didn't simply bend over and allow them to fuck me in the ass.

Seriously?  Are you fucking serious?  Do you know how much farther from the center a political party would be if there was only one?  You overlook the fact that if the Republican party was the ONLY party, we would be much, MUCH farther to the right.

Please grow up.

Heh.  And you've completely ignored what's been going on the past few years in the market.  Deregulation did NOT cause the wall street mess.  Your liberal spewing media sources neglect to tell you that it has been the DEMOCRATS over that past few years that have put pressure on these companies to give out the risky loans.  The whole predatory lending thing is somewhat true, but mostly a load of BS.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:19:05 pm by anima1111 »

Offline anima1111

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 08:02:22 pm »
Oh, and I think that the 93% must be a mistake.  I don't think that any state will ever support a candidate so unanimously.

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 08:28:07 pm »
Seriously?  Are you fucking serious?  Do you know how much farther from the center a political party would be if there was only one?  You overlook the fact that if the Republican party was the ONLY party, we would be much, MUCH farther to the right.
This isn't about moving to ONE party, it's about having more than two.

Heh. And you've completely ignored what's been going on the past few years in the market. Deregulation did NOT cause the wall street mess. Your liberal spewing media sources neglect to tell you that it has been the DEMOCRATS over that past few years that have put pressure on these companies to give out the risky loans. The whole predatory lending thing is somewhat true, but mostly a load of BS.

Eh, that's a load. See, I'm not liberal. You're talking about the Fanny and Freddy loans to low income, high risk potential homeowners, I presume. That'd be fine, should that have been the only problem, but face up to it, it wasn't. Or do you honestly swallow that the richest country in the world had an economy utterly based on two companies? Really? A completely out of control credit market, the one that was fueled by de-regulation and actually encouraged compaines to take on more and more high risk debt was a "load of BS."

Please grow up.

Allow me to retort. You probably need to take yer ass back to econ class and take notes this time and for GOD's sake, do not swallow the damn party lines about how this happened.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 08:28:55 pm »
Oh, and I think that the 93% must be a mistake.  I don't think that any state will ever support a candidate so unanimously.

It's not 93% of the state, it's 93% of all the polls taken.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 02:27:39 pm »
Lawl, I'm a Social Democrat. Which, by the way, has nothing to do with AmeriKKKan politics >_>

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 02:37:15 pm »
Also, cocks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 02:37:28 pm by zblewski »

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 38 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317