Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: The Inaugural RIA Games - Shellshock edition  (Read 9960 times)

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
The Inaugural RIA Games - Shellshock edition
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:50:15 am »
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/Arsenal__10/RIAGames.jpg
The Inaugural RIA Games - Shellshock edition
Someone make me a title, this is fucking embarrassing.

Hello and welcome to the first RIA Games. In this tournament you get the opportunity to battle RIAers and their friends in the most epic ways known to man (read: multi-player internet games).  Here’s hoping that this is successful enough so that there will actual be a second games!

The game that is going to decide who will be the champion of the inaugural RIA games will be Shellshock live - http://www.kongregate.com/games/kChamp/shellshock-live. If you don’t know it, it’s a game where you are a tank and you blow up other tanks. A game that will test both your nerve and spirit (not really, it’s just incredibly fun). Go check it out so you know what you’re doing before the games officially start!

The current start date of the tournament is 17/10/2011 (10/17/2011 for Americans) to give people time to sign up!

Anyway, let’s get down to business. The games will take on a “world cup” type format that starts in pool play and then will produce to knock-out matches until a winner is crowned. The actually set up of the tournament will depend on the number of participants. Simple enough, right?

Yes.

On to the rules (guidelines really) then,

1)   Matches can be played at any time that suits both competitors within the timeframe that is given – match outcomes should be reported in this thread so that we can keep track.
2)   Matches should be 20 turns long, have 2x weapons and be set to a random map.
3)   I have decide not to have an "official" handicap on levels; however, due to some rather large level gaps, feel free to agree on a handicap before the game. I recommend no handicap unless the level gap is larger than 10 or 15, and if so, perhaps no more than 100 or 200 point handicap.
D)   Florida
5)   In pool play, a win is worth 2 points and a draw is worth 1 point. The two players with the highest number of points will proceed to the next round. If there is a tie, there will be a final match to decide who goes through. If a match is not played due to inactivity, or any such like event, it will be counted as a draw.
6)   Matches will be on the Kongregate website so I suggest you sign up to it to take advantage of the levelling system; however, it is not necessary as you can play as a guest.

That’s all of the rules I can think of for now, hopefully we don’t need too many. Rules suck.

What’s that, did you ask about the prizes? Yes, of course there are prizes.

1st prize – 1,000 tech paid through one slot to a nation of the recipients choice
   2nd prize – 500 tech paid through one slot to a nation of the recipients choice
   3rd prize – 250 tech paid through one slot to a nation of the recipients choice

Plus, 500 tech to be given away to random participants.

So by now you’re probably aching to get in on this action, well you can. Just fill out this basic sign in form, post it in this thread and you’re good to go.

Code: [Select]
[b]Kongregate Username (if applicable):[/b]
[b]When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time):[/b]
[b]Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why?[/b]

Will the almighty Cactuar judge you worthy to wear the crown of champions? Only one way to find out.

p.s. if you have any questions or comments, fire em away.
p.s.s. more details will be available when we know how many people are interested in participating.

Points Tables

Pool A                                             GP    W     L     D     Pts
brian (BrianTehOwnerer)                      1      1      -     -      2   
Ogaden (Ogaden)                               1      -      1     -      0   
LeninRoxSox (Onikujo)                         -      -      -     -      0 
Wiccan High Priest                              -      -      -     -      0

Pool B               
SnowboundMilk (SnowboundMilk)          1      1      -     -      2
CommanderX (C0mmanderX)                1      -      1     -      0
Ryun                                               -      -      -     -      0   
We Are Not Alone (JordanB)                 -      -      -     -      0

Pool C               
Arsenal 10 (Arsenal10RIA)                    3      3      -     -      6
Trafalgar[GOD] (geakan)                      2      2      1     -      2   
Locke (ComLockian)                            2      -      2     -      0
Myrrh (Myrrh_nee)                              1      -      1     -      0

Pool D               
Thunder Strike (ThunderStrike86)          2      1      1     -      2
biofantic (biofantic)                            2      1      1     -      2
Leo (LeoRIA)                                     2      1      1     -      2
Alex987 (UrLastSupper)                       -      -      -     -      0
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:06:31 am by Arsenal 10 »
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
Re: The Inaugural RIA Games - Shellshock edition
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 04:41:19 am »
The shellshock link doesn't work.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:48:09 am »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:02 am »
Kongregate Username (if applicable): SnowboundMilk
When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time): 8pm-1am generally, but not on weekends
Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why? Marky Mark. Yeah, fuck you.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 02:23:32 pm »
damn, 1k tech? sign my ass up.
BrianTehOwnerer
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Alex987

• R&R
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
  • Nation: TriState Empire
  • Ruler: Alex987
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »
Kongregate Username (if applicable): UrLastSupper
When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time): During weekdays 2-4pm, 6-11pm. On weekends, almost all the time
Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why? They're all too good to choose. Down with N-Sync!

PS: In order to counter the experience bonus, why not force everybody to sign in as a Guest?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:29:24 pm by Alex987 »

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »
PS: In order to counter the experience bonus, why not force everybody to sign in as a Guest?
It could make it tougher to track people down for games, but I think it could work.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 06:07:05 pm »
But then you'll miss out on lots of cool weapons! Half the fun is the weapons.

I'll have a think about it though, that would definately make it even, but at what cost? Dum-dum-dum.

On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:02 pm »
to counter the level bonus you should level more...
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 11:42:56 pm »
here, i spent over 100 hours in paint...

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:45:01 pm by Brian »

Offline Ogaden

• Spammer of Inboxes
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • I wwebsite as on the internet
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a Triumvir Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 15.3" long.
  • has 490 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abtirsi.com
  • Nation: Ogaden
  • Ruler: James Dahl
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 12:01:22 am »
Kongregate Username (if applicable): Ogaden
When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time): 8-12 PM
Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why? Vanilla Ice
Ogaden, Spammer of Inboxes, Giver of Happy Endings, Retard Savant, Buzzkill Extraordinaire, Protector of Mexico.
:ria:

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 12:12:58 am »
oh, also
Kongregate Username (if applicable):BrianTehOwnerer
When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time): fuck you, i was born ready! but my mother only lets me be online from 8pm-3am
Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why?
Ahhh i love the BSB! My childhood coming back to me.. :') Still know all their songs and was listening to them earlier today.. haha Anyways,,
So my choices varied alot. My top three were always Brian, Nick and AJ, just not always in that order. (still love Howie & Kev tho)

It used to be Nick, Brian, AJ
Then it changed to Brian, Nick, AJ
Then to Brian, AJ and Nick.

I think Brian will always be my favourite :) Just something about him i'll like the best so i'll say BRIAN overall. But closely followed by AJ (damn the man has a voice! Love to hear him live and on their records!! He's amazing) and then Nick..
BRIAN OVERALL!

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 03:06:01 am »
I love the picture! So awesome. That's going in OP.

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 03:07:27 am »
Kongregate Username (if applicable): ThunderStrike86
When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time): variable usually a few hours before or after update.
Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why? The straight one, because he doesn't exist.

C-zom

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 04:28:15 am »
Fucking lost it for like five minutes at the title. You need to keep that Arsenal.

Offline Ryun

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 15 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Silendra
  • Ruler: RyunX
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 07:53:27 am »
Kongregate Username (if applicable): nope
When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time): All of the time is Ryun time except when he is asleep or otherwise pre-occupied with various workings, tinkerings, and/or activities of SCIENCE  :science:
Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why?: Fuck Kongregate

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 12:49:05 am »
Err, I have an Armor Games username, will that work?

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 12:52:39 am »
Can you sign into Kongregate with it? I actually have no idea.

If you can, then its fine. If not, you can either play as a guest or you'll have to make a kongregate account.

Offline CommanderX

• NAC
  • Coalition of Royal Allied Powers
  • Baby Cactus
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Tundra Territories
  • Ruler: Commanderx
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 01:28:14 am »
I shall now CRAPify this thread

Kongregate Username (if applicable): C0mmanderX
When are you available to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel? (CN time): o god..... ummm 5-6pm and 11pm-1am
Who is your favourite backstreet boy? And why? I hate them all

Offline Locke

• Cactus
  • True and Righeous Hero of CN!
  • has 6 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Alestor
  • Ruler: Locke
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 05:20:26 pm »
Can you sign into Kongregate with it? I actually have no idea.

If you can, then its fine. If not, you can either play as a guest or you'll have to make a kongregate account.
I highly doubt you can, never tried, but I'm assuming that the game runs on one server and multiple clients rather than multiple servers and clients, so they should all be able to see each other. Only way to know for sure would be to get on at the same time and see if we can see each other.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.585 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317