Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Arizona to outlaw trolling  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
Arizona to outlaw trolling
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:08:11 am »
http://techland.time.com/2012/04/03/arizona-looks-to-outlaw-internet-trolling/

First SOPA/ACTA. now this.  Pretty soon I will have to go back to trolling myself and not press charges.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Was elected to be Captain Planet Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
Re: Arizona to outlaw trolling
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:21 am »
lol, this is hilarious.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:46:38 am »
Idiots.

edit: f'ing fiters!

Offline Erwin Schrödinger

• Non Grata
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bermuda Islands
  • Ruler: Erwin Schrodinger
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:52 am »
My alliance might have to disband due to lack of active membership should this pass. Damn.

Since this would be a state law, wouldn't it only apply to people within the state trolling others within the state? How would you know where the person trolling you lives? Except for FB hazing, etc.
NG Tri of FA.

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Four years of Random Insanity Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 21.55" long.
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Dilbobagginese
  • Ruler: rlrcstrnthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »
Basically, say I were to troll you. I could be charged with a misdemeanor at worst. Say you were to troll me. You'd be fine.

This won't pass. If it DOES, it'll be declared unconstitutional and I'll never vote for Brewer again. Actually, I never voted for her in the first place. o_O

Give a black man a dumbbell, and he'll find a way to work out every muscle with it.

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3. Power Supply: Antec 80+ rated 750 Watt. Processor: Intel CoreI7 2600K @ 3.4GHz.  RAM: 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Mem @1600 MHz. Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti graphics.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:05:49 pm »
how can we troll this

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 09:47:54 pm »
I'd brewher a cockmeat sandwich.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:11 pm »
actually, oh dear god no I wouldn't.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:47:47 am »
Snowbound, it's ok if you're queer as folk - we love you the way you are.  Not that way.

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Earthly Heaven
  • Ruler: Salmia
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »
lol, I wonder how they'd even seek to enforce this. Jurisdiction on the internet is very difficult to define.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 02:28:50 pm »
not exactly.  I mean, a law in Maryland allowed the US to seize assets of a company in canada.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/03/dont-bet-on-linsanity-us-seizes-online-gambling-domain-over-sports-wagers.ars
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 02:33:49 pm »
not exactly.  I mean, a law in Maryland allowed the US to seize assets of a company in canada.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/03/dont-bet-on-linsanity-us-seizes-online-gambling-domain-over-sports-wagers.ars

but isn't doing that to another state much harder than doing it to canada?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »
Let me state that again.

A Us State was able to seize something in a foreign province based on a law within that state.

Thats pretty much internationally illegal.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 07:26:09 pm »
Let me state that again.

A Us State was able to seize something in a foreign province based on a law within that state.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 02:57:01 am »
This is an example of extra-territorial legal enforcement.  In the age of globalisation and the internet, legal lines can get blurred. 

As a Canadian working in Europe, for an American company, my actions in the market are tempered by the US FCPA as well as Anti-Trust laws.  So I cannot engage in bribery or price-fixing, else the mother company in the US could be sued and fined.  In Europe, they have similar laws as well, so we could effectively nailed in both directions (c'mon Gangs, here is your opening). 

The reason for this is that in the past, companies would open separate legal entities, and then bahave very differently in foreign markets (up to the point of AT&T assasinating executives of competitors in some South American countries in the 50s and 60s), creating local monopolies, and generally fostering corruption worldwide.  This actually hurt the companies involved, and especially the consumers, so the laws are enforced this way to ensure US businesses are kept in a constant state of competition and relatively honest - a departure rather than a continuation of pre-1945 imperialism that led to the 2 big wars.

It hurt them because noone had a high moral ground to stand on to tamp down on corruption, which meant the fight was symetrical, and therefore bloody.  It also gives a more positive image for America abroad, and is fundamentally in line with the Yalta agreement.  The EU, just having been formed, has followed suit, and now has similar laws, so an EU based company operating in China is subject to EU Competition Law.  This process has proven itself because despite these "restrictions", US companies have thrived everywhere, and because the consumer benefits, the local economies grow rather than get crushed by monopolies.  US companies are there for the long haul, and no longer seen as part of the problem.  A different kind of empire.

That said, Sometimes the US goes too far, as in the Helms-Burton Act, in which the assets of Canadian companies operating in the US can be seized if they profited from the purchase of Cuban lands owned by the US prior to the revolution.  Executives travelling through the US can be imprisoned as well.  Basically they are held accountable for the value of the Cuban assets, as well as all profits generated from them since they were sold to the Canadian firms by Castro, who nationalised them in 1960 (or thereabouts).

The Canadian response at the time that this law was being passed was stellar:  The Canadian government agreed  with Helms-Burton, and offered support for drafting an airtight law, to ensure a strong dispute resolution process and continuation of our long-standing legal co-operation (which is of course the basis of ensuring a good trade partnership).  Senators Helms and Burton were taken a little aback, but could not refuse the offer.  When they met, the Canadian legal minister went through the draft with them, and they agreed on pretty much everything, and at the end reminded the US senators that both of our legal systems are based on precedence, and that once a precedent is established, it can open the door to other lawsuits ie from other geographies.  Then he presented tot hem the original deeds to the lands of the loyalists from the 13 colonies who fled to Canada after the American Revolution, and using the same calculation, the bill would astronomical.

So Helms-Burton is enforced tentatively, and held in check by the threat of establishing an unfavourable precedent...

OK, Llamavore, compete with this wall of text.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 02:08:44 pm »
I'm glad this law is happening

I hate trolls

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 02:42:46 pm »
OK, Llamavore, compete with this wall of text.

The Snake Woman Nokulunga Buthelezi

Sexiest Performer - You won't close your eyes for a while!!!

America's Got Talent - Lilia Stepanova
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:44:34 pm by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 02:46:42 pm »
You win.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 02:00:18 pm »
Let me state that again.

No, they will do it the same way.  They will contract the a federal agency (probably the FBI since they are in charge of cyber security for the most part), and have them enforce the law on other states if the violation happens to either a citizen in their state or goes through servers in their state.

There is actually procedure in place where if you violate the laws of another state while outside that state and it affects said state, they can bring you to that state for trial.  US Marshalls do it all the time.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Crazyman93

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Waffle Commissar
  • Awards Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 5.43" long.
  • has 15 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Seraven Empire
  • Ruler: Crazyman93
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 04:52:27 pm »
lol, I wonder how they'd even seek to enforce this. Jurisdiction on the internet is very difficult to define.

In a matter of words, they couldn't. If they could, you'd see more then just the people that ran the sites that are shut down by the FBI on trial.
But let's ignore how they'd enforce it. How the fuck would they define what trolling is?

This is what, the second law Arizona has passed that they can't enforce? I'm glad I don't live there because I'd be PISSED that they're using fucking public money for stupid shit like this.

Spoiler for Hiden:
<--I'm somewhere in there.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5745/tigerrv.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2228/55990.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Airhammer/Women%20of%20Wrestling/Brooke%20Adams/BrookeAdams22.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/huntms83/hAz1qe5fld.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzn4eJw721qb197bo1_500.jpg

I'd like to thank the RIA for giving me a place to hide my hotgirl pics

Spoiler for Hiden:
Quote from: Jenne
You should not question what you know nothing about.  No one in RIA willl ever question crazyman's dedication to our alliance.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.478 seconds with 47 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317