Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online Open Beta  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Mechwarrior Online Open Beta
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:05 am »
http://mwomercs.com/

Open Beta is now

here are some tutorials I haven't watched and may be crappy

MechWarrior Online Tutorial - Getting Started, Instant action

MechWarrior Online Tutorial - How to set up Firing Groups, Chain Fire, and Link Fire

let me know what your usernames are

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Croix

• Gigantuar
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has colonized Mars! Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 14.44" long.
  • has 396 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Nation Link
  • Nation: Edjaal
  • Ruler: Croix
Re: Mechwarrior Online Open Beta
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:38 pm »
ItchyCroix for me, I'm terrible though.
Photobucket wants 400bucks a year to hotlink, lolno
[20:31:00] <@ShadowSlayer[RIA]> ALL I DO IS PLAY WITH BIG GUYS
thank you for your time

be warned that your sig is now against the rule if it mentions me

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »
I really want to play this, but I think I am going to have to wait a year or so until I can buy a decent gaming computer.

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 11:34:39 pm »
I really want to play this, but I think I am going to have to wait a year or so until I can buy a decent gaming computer.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:01:28 am »
Grilledslug.  I fucking LOVE this game.  Llamavore, you still owe me 120$, but I will give you a 14$ discount because it turned out to be so fucking Canadian good.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 06:50:47 am »
once they opened it up they re 'did' the forums... lost a bunch of useful threads but some have been kept. when I've sorted through it all maybe I'll post them.

something you guys should understand though... this really is a simulator. it requires tactics and some familiarity with what you're using in order to be effective. It's rewarding once you get to that point... even before because it's pretty well executed. but you will die a lot, and also, the current rotation of trial mechs (which cannot be modified) suck. lol. but it's beta. there will be much much more later. especially if you do wait a year.

also omg the cicada looks badass in game.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 07:22:43 am »
I am a big fan of the Awesome R - 4 SRM6s, and 3 medium pulses.  Manage heat with restraint, with artillery support from a teammate, and it is a deal closer.

I also get a kick out of the Jenner, with 2xSSRM2 and 4 small lasers or 3x plus a TAG.  I can't wait for the NARC to work properly.

I just wish they would bring back knock-downs in collisions.

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars!
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 07:29:18 am »
something you guys should understand though... this really is a simulator. it requires tactics and some familiarity with what you're using in order to be effective. It's rewarding once you get to that point... even before because it's pretty well executed. but you will die a lot

Fuck tactics, winning doesn't matter when you're having fun!

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Mogar

• >Your Ad Here<
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • RIctuar
  • I am Mogar you see?
  • Awards Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Dave War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment
  • war boner is 21.79" long.
  • has 173 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mogatopia
  • Ruler: Mogar
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
evidently i cant sign up for this.
[20:36:10] <@Jenne> I expect you to go full retard.  I'd talking to those who I have a reasonable expectation of following orders
Spoiler for Hiden:

]00 45 51[ <%Croix> look at me motherfucker im on a motherfucking boar
]00 46 05[ * Quits: %Xiphosis[GOD] (~XiphosisG@coldfront-5B5347D7.cust.wildblue.net) (Quit: Croix made me do it)
]00 46 05[ <%Lanna> XD
]00 46 19[ <%Mogar> Croix killed xiphosis more at 11
]00 46 43[ <%Croix> I just won cybernations

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 11:41:06 pm »
this might be kind of grainy, set the definition higher if so.

pretty funny. 40 ton mech with 4 erppc.

The "Noisy Cricket" - 4 ERPPC Cicada Mechwarrior Online Beta

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:45 am »
Beautiful.  And tempting, too.I guess he has a small XL engine - I mean engine, heatsinks, armor, and structure only add up to 12 tons...

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 06:24:43 pm »
Man, I need to start playing this game so I can figure out what's going on in that video.

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 01:18:16 am »
lol, I didn't expect him to make it through that video without someone picking him off.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 11:11:28 am »
I'm sure he's had plenty of runs where a light comes up and cores him from behind or he gets lrm'd to death. apparently he had to strip down to about 1/3 of normal armor to fit all those. this is just a recording of a good run. still funny coring 3 guys in a cicada though.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 02:27:59 am »
Well, I just put together a CAT K2 with 4 Large Lasers, a 315XL engine, DHS, AMS & 1 ton ammo.  It doesn't run that hot, shuts down after 3-4 alphas, and packs the same punch as that Cicada against a stationary target.  It does a great job at headshots...

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 02:45:42 pm »
weapons run hotter overall when fired together. the heat generated is more than the sum of the heat generated when fired individually. try chain-firing (backspace to toggle it when setting weapon groups).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:55:09 pm by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 02:58:36 pm »
I'll try that - I have been wondering how to chain fire...

I tried setting up a Jenner with a 100 STD engine, with the heaviest firepower possible - inspired by the Cicada...  It SUCKS.  Just can't get a handle on that design - fast or slow, I die everytime...

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 02:24:06 am »
this might be kind of grainy, set the definition higher if so.

pretty funny. 40 ton mech with 4 erppc.

The "Noisy Cricket" - 4 ERPPC Cicada Mechwarrior Online Beta

Name:   Noisy Cricket
Chassis:   CDA-2B
Firepower:   40
Heat Efficiency:   0.63
Engine:   XL 125 (50.6 kph)
Jump Jets:   0
Upgrades:   DHS, Endo-Steel
Weapons:
4xERPPC
Heat Sinks:   10 DHS
Armor:   96
Head: 14   
Center Torso: 11   Center Torso (Rear): 1
Right Torso: 12   Right Torso (Rear): 1
Left Torso: 12   Left Torso (Rear): 1
Right Arm: 12   
Left Arm: 12   
Right Leg: 10   
Left Leg: 10   

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317