Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Prussian AAR  (Read 893 times)

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« on: July 21, 2009, 12:30:29 am »
Note: Moved out of TOP's embassy to the RI forums for more feedback

Note: I'm going to edit and add chapters to this post, so it eventually will hold all five planned chapters of my Prussian campaign in empire: Total war. New chapters will probably be added once a day.
----------------

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8242/56728796.jpg
Prussian AAR

Above is the faction summary at turn 2. I'm making almost 9000 dollars a turn, and have no navy or army TO upkeep. I'll go like this for two years (Around 5 turns.), building my diplomatic ties and strengthening my government. The Imperial Navy, and two Imperial Chapters (Armies.).

Chapter I: C-zom's Prussia

Its 1700, start date. My immediate concerns were to replace my ministry with one above 5 stars in all positions. The reason for this is that Prussia starts with a very low popularity, which you must increase drastically before waging war on any of your neighbors. And so I appointed this best replacements for my government and moved on.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9241/68419629.jpg
Prussian AAR

My next concern is who I choose as allies. My rivals, the Austrians, have many of the same allies I do and this was intentional. Why? I pay better, and I am a generous ruler. All of my allies who are in striking position of them will be given technology such as bayonets, increased food production and my philosophical advances. This will keep them on my side. Other allies include Morroco, on the tip of Africa. As well as Great Britain who I intend on trading with as well as helping take out France. Overall my scheme involves 12 allies, and will cost me a good fifty thousand dollars. My objective is the annexation of Austria and Prussia being the One Germany.

Below is a picture of central europe. The crudely pathed red line shows allies we both share, I didn't bother outlining my other allies. As mentioned, I pay better. Annexation of Austria is my end game goal.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8013/centraleurope.jpg
Prussian AAR

Here is the capital of Prussia, Berlin. It will be the focus of my attention and will evolve as this AAR progresses. Nevermind the green and red textures, those tell the movement range of the army inside. My goal for Berlin is to build a Drill School once I am done researching Military Sylubus, which allows for the creation of the Military Academy on the far left building slot. What this does is allow for research by Fire by Rank, where every line of infantry fire at the same time 3 lines at a time to put out a constant volley of fire.

I also want to build the highlighted Imperial Palace, which takes a while to build but repressed any rebels and increases income. Also, it makes the capital even cooler. And then I will surround the city with Star Forts, so that the city itself cannot be taken without thousands upon thousands of soldiers.

A personal objective is to never lose Berlin. Never to exchange it with an enemy during war, and to never see it rebel. This happening will be dramatic, and will be a personal objective lost on my path.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7936/82011366.jpg
Prussian AAR

But there's something immediate at hand. I need to raise two armys, and destroy Poland before Russia gets too nosy and before Austria gets suspicious.  I'm going to gain some money, and tech up Berlin and East Prussia--My only two cities--before I rase these armies. Soon to come in Chapter 2 is a look at the start of Prussia's Standing Army, and the analysis of the wars to come.

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:30:41 am »
Chapter 1.5--The Advancements of Prussia

WARNING: Mostly text

I'm going to roleplay an alternate Prussia, based on strict rules, a standing army and a trade based economy. Generals below five in game stars will be formally disbarred from the military, or sent to study at the academys in Berlin. And so, two chapters were opened before turn ten. Consisting of 7 units of line infantry, 6 cannons, and 240 cavalry.

Austria has broken their alliance with the United Provinces, Britain and Poland. I fear that they might strike me or Poland before the winter is out. My two chapters are not yet complete and are being trained. Austria gets a powerful bonus of having 100 men more per line infantry squad for no upkeep or price increase. They will be a tough opponent this early.

I prepare the foundations of my nation, as I have researched Empircism and Utilitarianism. Experience is gained through action, and the needs of many outweigh the needs of the few. These are in game techs, which ultimately increase my teching speed and some minor economical changes. Ultimately they are for happiness gain and roleplaying purposes.

I shall not be researching the Secular humanist tree, or any left-wing techs for this AAR.

I have ordered the building of farms across the homeland and now am researching ring bayonets and then will research Military Academies. In five turns, my two chapters of roughly 2600 men each will be done and I will attack Poland and then Austria.

In Chapter 2, the complete armies and their generals will be documented and the war of Poland will be described in full as well as the battles that take place.

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:40:49 am »
Chapter 3: The Chapters

Leopold Dessau, a 20 something year old General straight out of Berlin, is my leading General. He has 7 stars of the battlefield, and is an expert cavalry commander. From his 8 years of training in Berlin his traits not include that he is friends with the "free press", and a light wing man. It says his army mostly consists of thieves and convicts "filtered" through the military academies into a well oiled fighting machine. He is a young, promising general who will lead The First Chapter. Leo's stats, age and command rating and portrait below.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1382/86917949.jpg
Prussian AAR

The First chapter. Ah, yes. The finest line infantry, cavalry and cannons available led by the most promising Prussian general. Their objectives will be detailed in Chapter 3, about whichever war opens first. They consist of around 2600 strong, give or take. Armies guarding cities can consist of 6000. Poland's main army consists of 4500. Why do I have small numbers? Because I have technological advances over my enemies. Ring bayonets. Education. Discipline. And, Leo. I hope he survives his battles as he is a fighting general. Not a shadow one.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8563/48927358.jpg
Prussian AAR

They are currently green, but trained and ready for the combat ahead. Leopold is an excellent cavalry commander, a superior general to his fellow coeds and less than 30 years old.

The second chapter is essentially a clone army, using out dated cannons. They are led by "Alex". He is twice as old as Leo, but has proven himself in wars past before the games start. He is an expert in infantry tactics, attacking, sieges and aggressive play. This is why I will have him spring on Poland as soon as the First Chapter attacks Saxony, their protectorate.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3467/46193639.jpg
Prussian AAR

The Second Chapter is my backup, and my support. Although they are virtually identical except for cannon differences, as they gain experience, lose men and as their generals evolve, they will become two seperate bodies. Because Empire adjusts General traits based on so many factors. If your general survives a gunshot, he gains HP in the battle and the men gain morale. If you lose alot, you get bad luck. IF you win alot, you gain fame and command stars. If you get success in lots of bayonet charge, your men gain bayonet skill more often. I could go on.

Soon these freshly stamped armies will be personnalized, and ready to fight Poland...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:50:04 am by C-zom »

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 03:34:34 pm »
Chapter 4: The War

Austria declared war on Poland and I followed them as they were my ally. Nothing was missed, as I just took back West Prussia. At this time I ordered some brand new cannons and the 1st Chapter went to Berlin. Just then, the Bavarian armies attacked me and Austria betrayed me. The first Chapter, as pictured above in its exact form, was attacked by 6000 Bavarian soldiers and 2500 Austrians.

The 1st Chapter stood between Berlin and the enemies. For 45 minutes I played and fought this grueling battle. I encircled the 540 Bavarian cavalry with my 240 experienced heavy cavalry, and took them out. I got into a bayonet fight with their soldiers and encircled them too. It was going masterfully in my favor, and then the Bavarian cannons opened up. 25 field guns, with legendary reputation in France and Northern Italy, opened up on my soldiers with canister shot. My soldiers still did not flee as their numbers went down to 25 per battallion. The heroic 1st Chapter surrounded and killed 6400 Bavarians before the Austrians showed up. With only 116 soldiers remaining, they had enough. The 1st Chapter routed with 6400 kills under their belts against impossible odds.

Berlin was sacked by the Austrians, and the 2nd Chapter is stationed 3 provinces away and is surrounded by the Courlanders, Polish and Austira. Berlin had been sacked, but Prussia was not defeated.  Only one screenshot was taken for this battle.

Below is the right flank of the battle. If one were to pan left, the line of death stretches many miles over two hilltops, and 3 fields.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9006/70425637.jpg
Prussian AAR

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
Prussian AAR
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 04:21:04 pm »
Damn that is awesome.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
Prussian AAR
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 09:07:10 am »
i think you should have taken the screeny of the rest of the battlefield.

also, i think i may make my own campaign when i have more time.

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 02:15:59 pm »
Empire Total War scales the graphics as you zoom out. To get a screenshot of the whole battlefield looked less bloody than that screenshot I took of 5% of the battlefield.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Prussian AAR
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 04:24:46 pm »
I'm a fan of your style here.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
Prussian AAR
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 05:24:38 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
Empire Total War scales the graphics as you zoom out. To get a screenshot of the whole battlefield looked less bloody than that screenshot I took of 5% of the battlefield.

i know.....has the game too. i meant just more shots of the battlefield, the scale you described warranted more screenies.

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 06:29:40 pm »
Yeah it did but I hate how you can only take one screenshot. Empire has no output folder for screenshots like rome or medieval did.

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
Prussian AAR
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 06:31:18 pm »
Fuck you, the Prussian empire was tyrannical and horribly repressed my ancestors to the point of removing civil rights, stealing land, and starvation. You're a horrible, horrible person.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
Prussian AAR
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 08:48:21 pm »
Quote from: zblewski
Fuck you, the Prussian empire was tyrannical and horribly repressed my ancestors to the point of removing civil rights, stealing land, and starvation. You're a horrible, horrible person.

I agree, I'm an angry gorilla and that makes me angry.

POLES FOR LIFE HOMEDOG. WOWBOM!

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 01:00:12 pm »
You'll be glad to know then that I did not allow the 1.3 million Polish citizens in West Poland to leave.

Or live.

:3

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
Prussian AAR
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 01:42:58 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
You'll be glad to know then that I did not allow the 1.3 million Polish citizens in West Poland to leave.

Or live.

:3

lolhavefuncommitingsuicideinurbunkerfag

C-zom

Prussian AAR
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 01:48:42 pm »
You best be trolling brotato

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
Prussian AAR
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 02:04:25 pm »
asshole.

Smierć to you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:10:57 pm by zblewski »

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 34 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317