Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Rate the last movie you watched.  (Read 446 times)

C-zom

Rate the last movie you watched.
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:46:42 am »
For added fun if I recognize the movie you post I'll review it, too.

For me: Batman Begins (6.9/10)

I enjoy the starting atmosphere and calm, precise vibe of the training sequences and introducing Liam Neeson's backstory. I think problems start to arise in the movie when things turn to Bruce Wayne returning home, lamely building up to the botched assassination of Chill, the introduction of 6 to 10 pointless one liner moments and weak confrontations, and then he's instantly batman.

The narrative hits its high point during the "Swear to me scene" and Batman being fear gas'd, but it slumps down again with too much focus on side characters and a villain who really isn't a villain at all. Liam Neeson's return is a high point, but he dies all too quickly.

Overall I like this movie better than TDK but the one liners, writing, pacing and scene choices are subjectively just bad.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
Re: Rate the last movie you watched.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 02:52:13 am »
Harry Potter Seven, Part Two.

I know I'll be quite biased here because I am a big time follower of Harry. Having read all the books a few times and seen the movies probably even more, I was quite excited to see the last movie. That being said, I'll give it a 7.5/10. The action was so much better than the book and I thought the acting was much better than the previous movies which was enjoyable. The was more emotional than I expected. I'll admit, it had me choked up a little the first time I watched it.

It would rated higher, but certain aspects about it annoyed me. The fact that
Spoiler for Hiden:
Harry simply snapped the elder wand
was just stupid. If it was that simple, then it would have been done ages ago. I know there are others too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

But yeah, overall, I enjoyed it a lot even though I don't think it is a particularly brilliant movie. The reason it was so good is because it's Harry Potter. Who can resist the Harry charm?
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you watched.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 05:47:21 am »
Who can resist the Harry charm?
Can I tempt you with my hairy charm?

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 31 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317