Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: METAL  (Read 6147 times)

Offline triviuum

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.24" long.
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: trivium 69
  • Ruler: devil driver
METAL
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2009, 03:04:11 pm »
im going to see slipknot, black dahlia murder and anthrax september 1st.
Me Naked

-thanks KCToker

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
METAL
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2009, 06:27:48 pm »
Quote from: triviuum
why
fuck off

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2009, 06:37:42 pm »
Protest the Hero - Progressive Metalcore/Mathcore

The Divine Suicide of K.

Turn Soonest to the Sea

These guys are an incredibly complex mathcore band. Every single member of this band is absolutely fantastic at their instruments and, while not afraid to show it, do so in a way that actually sounds good, unlike similar bands like Dream Theater. The guitars throw quick sweeps in all over the place, the drummer plays insanely technical beats almost all the time, and the vocalist rarely sings the same melody twice, yet still manages to write amazing anthemic choruses, as seen at the end of the two songs listed above. Their first major label album (let us not speak of their prior releases), Kezia, is one of my favorite albums of all time, however, I am ashamed to admit I've never given their supposedly superior follow-up, Fortress, a listen.
fuck off

Offline triviuum

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2009, 09:29:38 pm »
Quote from: EnragedLobster
why
well they kick ass, and they got cancelled anyways.
Me Naked

-thanks KCToker

Offline Skulryk

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/demonicadvent
METAL
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2009, 10:40:48 pm »
PAIN - Generation X

PAIN - Shut Your Mouth

PAIN - Feed Us

So I figured I'd mention this guy since nobody else did. Soooo... he does industrial metal. Whoo. I've noticed that with the (admittedly few) metal bands I listen to, my favorite tracks of theirs tend to be in the "industrial" genre. Probably explains why I like bands such as Rammstein. But anyways... back to the PAIN.

So he's pretty much a one-man band. Does all the vocals and instrumentals on his own (save for a few guest artists that tonic in to do solos for him occasionally), which I think is pretty epic, because he demonstrates quite a bit of fluency in a number of radically different instruments.

... I just like his music. A lot. >_> I can honestly say that so far, the only tracks I haven't liked are the ones he did that are covers of other people.

Agent_Lemon[RIA]: i thought you were a girl for some reason
Skulryk: ... >_>

i already bloody know you know i do know things bloody hell somethings turning away from here back towards NATO

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2009, 11:12:13 pm »
why
slipknot are shitty, bdm are average, and anthrax were decent 20 years ago
fuck off

Offline triviuum

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2009, 11:18:20 pm »
why
slipknot are shitty, bdm are average, and anthrax were decent 20 years ago
idc what anybody thinks about the music from slipknot.. but honestly they would put on the best rock/metal show you could ever see..

they are not an average band, you cant get that anywhere else
Me Naked

-thanks KCToker

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
METAL
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2009, 07:49:07 am »
I like slipknot.  I would not put them on the top anything list, but they are not bad.  I saw them at Ozzfest several years back (~'01).  The show is fucked up on a level only GWAR can top.  Please explain the spiked headed dude banging his head on a drum for an hour.

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 3.36" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Neo Celtia
  • Ruler: Rorick
METAL
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2009, 11:15:33 am »
EH, I'll listen to just about any metal out there. Though I would recommend Disturbed and Dragonforce. I realy can't give an acurate description on how they play, so I'll let you guys decide:

Disturbed:

[a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\']The Night[/a]

[a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\']Prayer[/a]

Dragonforce:

[a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\']Through the Fire and the Flames[/a]

Officer of  :florida:: 6/11-12/11

http://www.armedforcesinsignia.com

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2009, 03:45:44 pm »
Quote from: Rorick
Dragonforce:

[a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\']Through the Fire and the Flames[/a]
get out

also Jenne, my cousin dated dave brockie (aka oderus urungus, the lead singer of gwar) for years
fuck off

Offline triviuum

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2009, 04:03:16 pm »
yeah neither dragonforce nor disturbed is metal. dragonforce was never good and disturbed does have some good songs tho are they are way overrated.
Me Naked

-thanks KCToker

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
METAL
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2009, 04:37:57 pm »
Quote from: Rorick
Disturbed:

[a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\']The Night[/a]

[a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\']Prayer[/a]
Wouldn't have been my first choices from them.  I really like their "Land of Confusion" cover.  'course, I liked the original.  Something about Reagan in a Superman outfit...

[quote name='Rorick' post='334094'
also Jenne, my cousin dated dave brockie (aka oderus urungus, the lead singer of gwar) for years
Sweet.  I have been trying to go see them for years, but I can never get anyone to go with me.  They just played here earlier this year.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 04:38:34 pm by Jenne »

Offline Rorick

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 3.36" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Neo Celtia
  • Ruler: Rorick
METAL
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »
yeah neither dragonforce nor disturbed is metal. dragonforce was never good and disturbed does have some good songs tho are they are way overrated.

Unless you're meaning plain metal, then, yes they are metal. Dragonforce is is power/speed metal, and, while I admit that Disturbed is debated, they are considered Nu/Heavy Metal and Hard rock.

Officer of  :florida:: 6/11-12/11

http://www.armedforcesinsignia.com

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2009, 05:55:13 pm »
Nü-metal is not metal. It's basically hard rock with more distortion on the guitars.
fuck off

C-zom

METAL
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:13 pm »
Slipknot, best live show you'll ever see? I laughed for a good ten minutes

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2009, 10:13:10 pm »
Yeah, I highly doubt a bunch of douchebags in masks trying to act badass is a good show. GWAR are different, as they're douchebags in masks being hilarious. Plus, they actually have good music, so I won't have a strong desire to gouge my ears out for the majority of the show.
fuck off

Offline triviuum

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2009, 11:23:50 pm »
yeah i dont get people who say they like rock/metal/any music with heavy guitar in it. if you dont like ANY slipknot songs then you are extremely picky and need to jus pick a dif type of music to listen to. im not a giant slipknot fan or nothin, ther not even my favorite band, but they have some kick ass songs there is NO doubt about that.
Me Naked

-thanks KCToker

Offline triviuum

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2009, 11:25:24 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
Slipknot, best live show you'll ever see? I laughed for a good ten minutes
for the kind of music i like, yes, they are.
Me Naked

-thanks KCToker

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
METAL
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2009, 01:22:19 pm »
yeah i dont get people who say they like rock/metal/any music with heavy guitar in it. if you dont like ANY slipknot songs then you are extremely picky and need to jus pick a dif type of music to listen to. im not a giant slipknot fan or nothin, ther not even my favorite band, but they have some kick ass songs there is NO doubt about that.
Did you just say I have picky taste in music? I probably listen to more genres than you do bands. I am one of the least picky people with regard to music you'll ever meet. I can listen to classical, death metal, jazz, country, and indie rock on the same day and I still think Slipknot are a terrible band that attempts to make up for their lack of talent by having far too many members and ripping off one of GWAR's gimmicks.
fuck off

C-zom

METAL
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2009, 10:19:29 pm »
Acid Bath

1: Sludge Metal
2: Doom Metal
3: Everything in-between

Acid Bath was a short lived band of the above genres from Louisiana. At the time they didn't get popular and were lowly regarded but their popularity has spread immensely, selling more than 30k cd's with just an indie label and next to no funding and only two albums. Between their two albums they covered more than a dozen genres but the lyrics were always vididly poet, and foreboding. Subjects included drug addiction, rape, abortion and so on.

Acid Bath's instruments are usually heavily distorted with a reliance on reverb. Dax's vocals are often distorted, too, to the point of indistinquisable screams or sudden melodic passages behind a thick echo.  This creates a very ghostly and sometimes indifferent atmosphere that's not really for everyone. My top 3:

Tranquilized

The Bones of Baby Dolls

Finger Paintings of the Insane
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:20:33 pm by C-zom »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 50 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317