Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: so my 2 month old computer just spazzed the fuck out on me  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
so my 2 month old computer just spazzed the fuck out on me
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:39:25 am »
fuck you vista

im gonna probably put my HD from my old computer with XP on it in this computer and install drivers and shit so if this happens again i can do shit on a 37gb HD

also system restore surprisingly didnt get rid of anything noticeable

edit: maybe even get a new HD and put linux on it, but i cant code for shit so i would have no idea how to do anything on it
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:41:45 am by Lord Doom »
Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:02:46 am »
Ubuntu is as easy to use as a mac, just ask on ubuntu forums how to fix any problems

But honestly, I have more problems on my computer in ubuntu than in vista. FIrefox constantly freezes, I feel like I'm only using like 2GB of my 3GB of RAM, and firefox takes up almost an entire GB. But using Ubuntu is a good experience. The best part is that it works with any printer unlike vista.
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Lord Doom

• Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:50:12 pm »
well the only problem i have with vista is that whenever i start up my computer i get an error message saying that windows has been stopped from booting because somethings wrong with it, and then i have to do a system restore that doesnt get rid of anything noticeable and it works fine. but this happens EVERY GODDAMN TIME I START MY COMPUTER and it takes half an hour too.

i think the solution is to not turn my computer off.
Chillaxin
Derpa derpa de durr!

C-zom

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 05:17:51 pm »
Quote from: Lord Doom
fuck you vista

im gonna probably put my HD from my old computer with XP on it in this computer and install drivers and shit so if this happens again i can do shit on a 37gb HD

edit: maybe even get a new HD and put linux on it, but i cant code for shit so i would have no idea how to do anything on it

Vista isn't the cause of the problem. If it is, how do you know? Vista is a stable, and awesome OS. Blind hate for it is /so/ annoying.

C-zom

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 05:18:18 pm »
well the only problem i have with vista is that whenever i start up my computer i get an error message saying that windows has been stopped from booting because somethings wrong with it, and then i have to do a system restore that doesnt get rid of anything noticeable and it works fine. but this happens EVERY GODDAMN TIME I START MY COMPUTER and it takes half an hour too.

Sounds like a virus. Reboot and post the exact error too.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:26:14 pm »
hooday for c-zommm

Offline Lord Doom

• Cactimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 05:57:59 pm »
Quote from: C-zom

i already scanned everything a bunch of times
Chillaxin
Derpa derpa de durr!

C-zom

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 06:10:11 pm »

With what? a metal detector? <_< What scans do you use?

Offline Lord Doom

• Cactimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 06:29:35 pm »

With what? a metal detector? <_< What scans do you use?
mcafee and spyware doctor

idk how good mcafee is though
Chillaxin
Derpa derpa de durr!

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:48:13 pm »
fuck you vista

Vista isn't the cause of the problem. If it is, how do you know? Vista is a stable, and awesome OS. Blind hate for it is /so/ annoying.

wrong
vista x64 is a pain in the ass
then again so is ubuntu x64 and snow leopard x64......

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

C-zom

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 10:27:05 pm »
Quote from: Vector
fuck you vista

wrong

64 bit systems are no harder than 32bit, if you know what you're doing.

Anyway Lord Doom. Uninstall McAffee and Spy Doctor. BE SURE TO UNINSTALL THEM FIRST. And then install

http://filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/

http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Scan for viruses. Now, you STILL haven't posted the error code you get at startup. Tell me what it is, I can say if its Vista or user error related.

Offline Lord Doom

• Cactimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 10:34:55 pm »
it doesnt give me a tonicup box or anything of error codes, it DOES NOT let vista start up, i go to a blue screen that tells me that theres some sort of error with something and then it sends me to a black screen with white text that tells me to either start windows self repair or to try and start windows again, which doesnt work. i then have to use system restore and yeah.
Chillaxin
Derpa derpa de durr!

C-zom

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 10:37:26 pm »
it doesnt give me a tonicup box or anything of error codes, it DOES NOT let vista start up, i go to a blue screen that tells me that theres some sort of error with something and then it sends me to a black screen with white text that tells me to either start windows self repair or to try and start windows again, which doesnt work. i then have to use system restore and yeah.

Hardware error, probably faulty RAM. Contact Dell. Thats called a BSOD.

Offline Lord Doom

• Cactimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 10:42:35 pm »

Hardware error, probably faulty RAM. Contact Dell. Thats called a BSOD.
its not the BSOD. ive seen that before on my old computer (i got past it by unplugging my computer and it worked just fine )

anyways the blue screen stays on there for a few seconds and one of the lines i could read in that time said something about faulty drivers so im doing a driver update.

also, go on irc
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:57:52 pm by Lord Doom »
Chillaxin
Derpa derpa de durr!

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 02:35:14 pm »
Quote from: Vector
fuck you vista

wrong

64 bit systems are no harder than 32bit, if you know what you're doing.

wrong
they have many fewer programs that work with them

overall if people would just start to use them they would be good
we have spent s olong on 32 that not much is writen for 64 bit

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Lord Doom

• Cactimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 05:56:02 pm »
fixed it
Chillaxin
Derpa derpa de durr!

Offline Lord Doom

• Cactimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 11:24:36 am »
oh fuck this it just happened again

edit: its time for an error code dump!

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BlueScreen
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:   1000007e
  BCP1:   C0000005
  BCP2:   8274C38A
  BCP3:   8A83F6BC
  BCP4:   8A83F3B8
  OS Version:   6_0_6001
  Service Pack:   1_0
  Product:   768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110808-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51230-0.sysdata.xml
  C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1F62.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 12:01:03 pm by Lord Doom »
Chillaxin
Derpa derpa de durr!

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.435 seconds with 38 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317