Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Bands you've seen live  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
Bands you've seen live
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:08:47 am »
List the bands you've seen live + who was good/sucked. GO!

Me:
- AC/DC - enough said
- Muse (2) - still the best live show
- Jet - surprisingly good live
- Alice Cooper - opened and closed with School's Out, wtf
- Them Crooked Vultures - pretty cool, trippy solos
- Foo Fighters
- Wolfmother
- Bullet for my Valentine
- Dropkick Murphys - best mosh pit so far
- Rise Against (2)
- The Mars Volta - not great, too much random noise
- Children Collide (3)
- The Grates (2)
- Kasabian
- The Angels

Amongst many other bands I can't remember (mainly crappy supporting bands). Most of you probably won't know the last bunch since they're probably only well-known outside the US but the Angels were amazing. If you like ACDC you'll probably like them. Awesome 70's/80's rock
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:14:36 am by Ganon5 »

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
Re: Bands you've seen live
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:51:04 pm »
Lynyrd Skynyrd - great
Jackyl - Best live performance I've ever seen.
Sweet - pretty good.
April Wine - meh
Dokken - good
Great White - good
Skid Row - Great, but would've been better with Sebastian Bach.

and Weird Al.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:54:59 pm by UndiscoveredBum »
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 05:58:15 pm »
Ozzfest - Only listing bands I actually remember from the shows
Ozzy Osbourne - It's all about the water show
Pantera - RIP Dimebag
Godsmack - Killer show for only having 1 album out at the time
Static-X - Is that a slim jim
Incubus - fuck them
P.O.D. - ghey
Queens of the Stone Age - not really my thing
Kittie - want to pet the kitty
Taproot - meh
Black Label Society - Someone take the fucking mic away from Zak
Black Sabbath - duh
Marilyn Manson - freaks everywhere
Slipknot - It's like gwar with decent music
Papa Roach - meh
Linkin Park - Didn't see them.  Too busy staring at lesbians going at it right in front of me
Disturbed - I like them and all, but live was only ok
Spineshank - They are not terrible.  Have seen them with Type O too.
Hatebreed - very evil
Otep - Creepy thinking sounds like that come from a chick that hot.
System of a Down - I hate them almost as much as their fans
Rob Zombie - very stripped down show, but not bad
Drowning Pool - Sound was all fucked up
Down - 2nd stage, didn't know much about then when I saw them, but decent
Soil - These guys were awesome.  Too bad he went to drowning pool
Andrew W.K. - Fuck him

Summer Sanitarium
Metallica - I wish I had seem them before St Anger came out...  Still awesome though.
Limp Bizkit - Came out and played break stuff and hot dog right away and got people in a fighting mood
Linkin Park - fuck them
Mudvayne - Missed most of their show, since they were on first, but sounded pretty good.
Deftones - This was right after he claimed they were carrying the show, so the fans were pissed the whole time

Other
Type O Negative - Seen them 4 times.  They never disappoint.
Clay People - Open for Type O.  Local industrial metal band from Albany, NY, but had moderate national success.  It's a very different sound. 
Corrosion of Conformity - Caught them headlining a metal show with Soulfly, Puya, Stigmata.  Not bad, but I didn't know much about them before I saw them.  Still cool.
Godsmack - Ozzfest show was better, but saw a lot of underage titty
Breaking Benjamin - open for Godsmack, meh
Aerosmith - Need I say more
Kid Rock - opening for Aerosmith.  Better than expected
Run DMC - opening for Aerosmith.  Didn't know they were on the tour, so I missed almost all of it.  They did come out to play walk this way as an encore.  Doesn't get much better than that.
Nickleback - Wife dragged me to it.  Much better than I would have expected.  Chad Kroger has a thing for Pantera, so he fills time playing Cowboys from Hell while they fling beers into the crowd
Puddle of Mud - Decent for a whiney chick band
3 Doors Down - Fucking green lasers.  What is this, 1983.  If I want green lasers, I'll go see...
Poison - I love green lasers
Warrent - Jani Lane and a bunch of other guys.  Fuck, is he bald now?
Quite Riot - Only saw last two songs, but the happened to be cum on feel the noise and metal health
Maceo Parker - Sax player for all the legends of Funk.  P-funk, James Brown and down the list

I am sure there are a lot more...

C-zom

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:28:58 pm »
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Testament
Motorhead
Opeth

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:08:47 pm »
Want to see Slipknot...

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 08:06:30 am »
Megadeth was here a few months back, but I was too broke to get tickets.  Them and ACDC are the only must see's left.

Offline triviuum

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.24" long.
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: trivium 69
  • Ruler: devil driver
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:29 pm »
i had tickets to slipknot but they got cancelled.

As of now, i got tickets to see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper(again) which should b pretty good.
Me Naked

-thanks KCToker

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 04:08:40 pm »
Vampire Weekend = okay
Tool = nice
Coheed and Cambria = awesome
Rise Against = okay
Of Montreal
Animal Collective

I've GOT tickets to Coheed and Passion Pit, and plan to see RUSH (YES) as well as go to LOLLA and Bonnaroo this summa
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 03:26:28 am »
Muse is the only one I feel I really have to mention since they rock.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 01:44:16 am »
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Mötley Crüe(x2), Aerosmith.

Honestly out of them, Aerosmith was the tightest.

Offline Kalon Q

• Mr Spock is greater than Albert Einstein and Chuck Norris combined!
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 4.29" long.
  • has 23 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New Quinn
  • Ruler: Kalon Q
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 03:49:22 am »
Journey x 4  (Awesome)
Foreigner     (Would have been better if they were younger when I saw them)
Van Halen    (Same as above, Alex was in a neck brace)
Damn Yankees   (Really great)
Bad Company     (Pretty Good)
Collective Soul    (Before they were famous, really good show)

(Any comments about my 80's taste, I am old enough.  Most of you could be my children {not literally most of you, since I never met any of your moms except for c-zom}).

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 04:48:09 pm »
Vampire Weekend = okay
Tool = nice
Coheed and Cambria = awesome
Rise Against = okay
Of Montreal
Animal Collective

I've GOT tickets to Coheed and Passion Pit, and plan to see RUSH (YES) as well as go to LOLLA and Bonnaroo this summa

how was of montreal or animal collective, i hated myself for not seeing AC
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 11:33:48 pm »
Journey x 4  (Awesome)
Foreigner     (Would have been better if they were younger when I saw them)
Van Halen    (Same as above, Alex was in a neck brace)
Damn Yankees   (Really great)
Bad Company     (Pretty Good)
Collective Soul    (Before they were famous, really good show)

(Any comments about my 80's taste, I am old enough.  Most of you could be my children {not literally most of you, since I never met any of your moms except for c-zom}).

I really really want to see Journey. I had the chance last year but tickets were too goddamn expensive. Also I might get to see Collective soul at Moondance Jam this year.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.357 seconds with 38 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317