Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I'm uploading YouTube videos again  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
I'm uploading YouTube videos again
« on: September 05, 2015, 01:08:37 pm »
My Street Fighter 4 matches

https://youtu.be/sb63cky3kng

I'll upload anything that looks cool I guess

Still new at this street fighter thing

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: I'm uploading YouTube videos again
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 01:18:48 pm »
My hand was and still is fractured when I did that match

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:39:37 am »
Also I'm on ps3 jeffgoldblum64 let's fight

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 12:17:51 pm »
cool man. unfortunately I do not own a ps3. but I'll give the youtubes a look at some point

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
why hasn't anyone made a persistent MMO fighting game yet

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 04:05:24 pm »
Because you are to lazy to make it.

also kenny, I was highly amused at the 'lair lair' Phoenix right video you liked... it followed the theme surprisingly well.
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 05:41:37 pm »

also kenny, I was highly amused at the 'lair lair' Phoenix right video you liked... it followed the theme surprisingly well.

That video is the best

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 06:13:26 pm »
Oh by the way if you subscribe that's a good way to catch my videos

as soon as they are uploaded

on YouTube

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 06:33:41 pm »
Seriously somebody try to take me on with my broken hand ohgod I just need to fuck you up

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »

what would that even look like though?

a band of pixelart fighters following the leader around as in old console RPG's and then there's a normal fighting screen when you get into a battle?

terraria style open world platforming?

arcade style beatemup with a limited amount of 4 directional movement?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 04:46:50 pm »
oh, and as an aside, I was under the impression that Terraria had died. then I saw this on tv

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVNSytgM730" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVNSytgM730</a>

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:34 pm »
it did die, like 4 years ago they said they were done forever. Then like 2 years later we got a steam update that added a huge amount of content. And then we got another, and another, and another... Done most of it with croix, the end gets really rough though and the drive to beat the whole game from scratch again for the 4th time didn't really keep us on track this time.
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 06:43:25 pm »
Oh, and as for the mmo fighting game. I was thinking FF1 style wander around, random encounters but with other people. Then you fight to the death... Possibly pokemon style where you have fighters you can call in at will, not sure. im honestly sort of supersized its not a thing yet though.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 10:56:57 pm »
Maybe instead of tieing experience points to stats, you can use them to unlock abilities.

If it's Pokémon style, you can also use the experience to unlock more room in your crew for more fighters.

I'd imagine a gimmick like team attacks would make it interesting. You could have assists and team supers.

Fighting games that use teams involve heavy strategy when it involves things like match ups, mix ups, and defensive strategies.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 11:03:12 pm »
I'll tell you, if this were Game Developer Tycoon, you wouldn't get many bonus points for this genre mix.

Might be easier to just tell people you made Pokken.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 12:08:08 am »
I'm glad terraria is back, for some reason I like it a lot better than minecraft.

im honestly sort of supersized its not a thing yet though.

lol supersized. idk if that's a filter but I think I'm going to use that.

FF1 style navigation would have the advantage of being simpler to start with. not resource intensive. could work on small screens.

Maybe instead of tieing experience points to stats, you can use them to unlock abilities.

If it's Pokémon style, you can also use the experience to unlock more room in your crew for more fighters.

I'd imagine a gimmick like team attacks would make it interesting. You could have assists and team supers.

Fighting games that use teams involve heavy strategy when it involves things like match ups, mix ups, and defensive strategies.

haven't played any pokemon game but I get the appeal. definitely strategy involved.

for me the main issue with MMOs is when it becomes repetitive. what you see in a lot of mobile games is they harness player choice to create some randomness. like base building with clash of clans, means endless new 'level designs'.

Generating unique fighting characters in a balanced way could keep things fresh. Player gets some influence over his main character and recruits followers as he meets them. But nobody has identical followers. You wouldn't know all the enemy's abilities from looking, you'd have to watch and adapt.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 03:28:26 am »
Fighting games are strange and do weird things with balance.

Strategies tend to continuously evolve even decades later

You have to expect and maybe even embrace a bit of chaos

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 04:50:52 am »
is that because they're more skill-based? a larger human component than a slower stats-based game?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 08:34:49 pm »
Gee, I don't really know how to answer that.

But the answer is yes.

There are a shitton more variables to account for with fighting games than any turn-based game than I'm aware of. A lot more.

Here is a USFIV matchup chart.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/f3be8d9078603718e66e6716337c04b9/tumblr_ngahooQHWC1th4x6go5_1280.png

Then there is frame data (analyzing hitboxes) and priority data (two moves occurring at the same, which one will hit first - essential information for counters)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/joonthebaboon/Ken%20Hitbox/CSMP.png

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/nov/13/ken-frame-data-street-fighter-4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_OlFBwCHg

I mean, there are reasons why fighting games get insane amounts of revisions compared to other games.

https://youtu.be/lBwEHpiSQjM?t=194

Plus, while we are on the topic

FUCK.

THE HYPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSGW7CwD5GM

It's insane. And it gives this competitive push that will take a game from Day One release where everything is fresh and exciting and there is so much new tech to experience...to this mature stage where the fights become this psychological thing.

That last clip uploaded. That wasn't just lucky countering. The guy had to have practiced that. And if he practiced that, and given the circumstances, you have to wonder if he actually baited Justin to use the Super...knowing that if properly countered, the punishment potential would be enough to allow him land his Super and to win that fight.

God that shit is so exciting
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:49:31 pm by Hyperonic, Reason: I mixed up matchup with mixup so I matched it with the proper term f*ck »

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 10:18:03 pm »
Yeah, super smash brothers melee is just as bad... the brawl and past community is just not the same. I can still tell you which moves any character had that gave iframes, and half of them tell you which ones they were... and I'm not even that into it. Hell, there are almost 4,000 people watching melee right now on twitch
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Super%20Smash%20Bros.%20Melee

Kenny is right though, after a certen point, everyone knows everything in the game and it turns into mind games with your opponent just as much as mechanical skill.

Matchup chart and teir list if your interested by the way, this all seems fairly up to date.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Character_matchup_%28SSBM%29
http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBM_tier_lists_%28NTSC%29#Eleventh_tier_list_.28July_26th.2C_2013.29
RIP ssb64 though :(

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 50 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317