Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Another win for "Responsible" gun owners  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
Another win for "Responsible" gun owners
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:03:47 pm »
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/18/6-year-old-shoots-4-year-old-sister-father-tells-him-to-lie/

Maphis’ son told the Jackson County Sheriff’s deputies that he dropped the shotgun and it went off. Maphis explained that his firearms are usually unloaded and locked up but he forgot to put it away after shooting at birds the previous day. Instead, his shotgun was loaded and sitting on top of a dog kennel. The boy later admitted to police that he did not drop the gun at all, that’s what his father told him to say. He explained to officers that his sister asked him to point the gun at her and he did but got to close to her head. He actually meant to just shoot over her shoulder.

Responsible gun owners would never, ever forget to lock up their firearms with children in the house. Conservatives will say that it is an isolated incident but it most certainly is not, here’s a short list of incidents this year:

January: A two-year old South Carolina boy was shot in the head by his older brother by accident.
February: Tennessee man accidentally shot in the chest by his brother.
March: A Michigan police officer’s 4-year-old son shot and killed himself at home.
April: A 4-year-old kills a women with a deputy’s loaded gun at a barbecue.
May: A 15-year-old Oklahoma girl dies after accidental gun discharge.
June: A 13-year-old Nevada girl is killed after another girl accidentally fires a weapon.
July: A 16-year-old Texas boy died after a gun he was handling discharged.
August: Wife accidentally shoots and kills her husband in their Arizona home.
September: NYPD officer accidentally shoots two women in Times Square.

Offline Princess Celly

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactus
  • Awards Has colonized the Moon! User figured out how to work the award system Has been a diplomat RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a Triumvir One year of Random Insanity Was elected to be Captain Planet The Disorder War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War
  • war boner is 11.85" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New XGA
  • Ruler: HeroofTime55
Re: Another win for "Responsible" gun owners
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:19:28 pm »
Irresponsible gun owners suck.  Ruin it for the rest of us who actually care. 

I won't claim it's isolated, there are too many redneck hillbillies.

Curious you included police actions in your list tho.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:32:48 pm »
Not my list.  Just copied from article. 

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »
A career in law enforcement and lack of firearm responsibility are not mutually exclusive.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:35:09 pm »
how would they go about reporting on how many times responsible gun ownership prevents this from happening, in order to accurately quantify how often it happens relative to how often it doesn't?

if there are millions of gun owners and this sort of things happens a few times a month, that would make it what, potentially less than 1% of 1% of the time? that doesn't qualify as isolated?

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 09:39:26 pm »
how would they go about reporting on how many times responsible gun ownership prevents this from happening, in order to accurately quantify how often it happens relative to how often it doesn't?

if there are millions of gun owners and this sort of things happens a few times a month, that would make it what, potentially less than 1% of 1% of the time? that doesn't qualify as isolated?
What percentage would you call acceptable?

Offline Princess Celly

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactus
  • Awards Has colonized the Moon! User figured out how to work the award system Has been a diplomat RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a Triumvir One year of Random Insanity Was elected to be Captain Planet The Disorder War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:57 pm »
ive been reading stuff on addictinginfo and i have come to the conclusion that they are literally shills for the obamalama administration.

Offline Princess Celly

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactus
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 10:09:29 pm »
because theres not a thing obama has done that they dont agree with.  they're right with obamabama on starting a war with syria, while any actual self-respecting liberal would be against the war.  praising mccain for his "courageous decision to stand by the president."  l-o-fucking-l.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »

What percentage would you call acceptable?
the smallest that can be accomplished without increasing the risks of harm at the hands of 1. armed criminals and 2. armed police and military

or do we just assume that only civilians are irresponsible? how many innocent civilians die via drone strikes and swat raids? would you call those isolated incidents?

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317