Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Got done watching Cowboy Bebop again.  (Read 2031 times)

C-zom

Got done watching Cowboy Bebop again.
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:17:05 pm »
Awesome show, I really love the music and the themes portrayed throughout. The character development often gets sidelined for the sake of continuity (and the fact its only one season.). But some of the episodes are just phenomenal. Jupiter Jazz, Speak Like a Child, Pierrot le Fou, Bohemian Rhapsody, and of course both of the ending episodes.

Show isn't without complaints from me though. Ed is annoying as hell, Spike's character is unraveled pretty poorly, impeccable luck almost always follows Jet and Spike which makes the fights predictable and the ending-ending is dumb.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
Re: Got done watching Cowboy Bebop again.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:29:57 am »
I've watched plenty of anime in the last few years, but I've never felt compelled to watch that. I've heard nothing but good things about it, but... eh.

I guess having the ending spoiled didn't help much.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

C-zom

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:56 am »
The ending is kind of meaningless since its so obvious, its like any western or anything with clint eastwood. Will the guy die? Yes. That means nothing. The buildup means everything.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:27:41 am »
Did you really mean Brokeback Mountain?

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 08:48:20 pm »
Never was really interested in it.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

C-zom

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:36:09 pm »
I didn't expect it to be popular around here, it's the most western anime the east has ever done but they still nail it if you ask me. The music, characters, and most specifically the fight scenes are phenomenal. If you like smooth pacing, good english voice actors (The dub is wildly considered better than the original voices) and great characters I say give it a shot.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 02:42:29 am »
I put it off for several years, but it's a worthwhile watch. I enjoyed it immensely.

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 01:48:21 pm »
Im posting
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline dragonknight1000

• MI6
  • Baby Cactus
  • Anime Dragon of SOS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 04:41:34 pm »
yup, Cowboy Bebop's a classic (o/ Steven Blum) but anime's not for everyone so meh

btw, Black Lagoon's another anime worth watching if you like CB (basically a modern day version of CB in a nutshell)

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317