Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What is your motivation for swearing?  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
What is your motivation for swearing?
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2008, 12:20:18 pm »
i'm not sure where the notion of infallibility came from, but i think it is perpetuated so that people can just believe in the bible instead of trying to actually understand a god or a logical concept of god (a much more difficult task). although now that i think about it, people may believe it to be completely bunk, with the same motivations.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:21:08 pm by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2008, 07:39:25 pm »
Quote from: nIveK oGre
i would never do that, don't be so modest.  you are jesus aren't you?

how fucking cool is it that JESUS is a member of RIA?!?!?!  someone should inform the CN forums pronto.
I don't think I'm Jesus. I mean I could be God and just make myself not remember.

Quote from: iron snake
PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

This is saying that anyway you answer fools doesn't matter because they are fools.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

God is both a God of wa and a God of peace. He wants peace and stuff but if someone pisses him off about stuff (*cough* Satan *cough*) then they better watch out
GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation

This is when God was finished and he was like "Ahh. So beautiful." Then man sinned and he was like "Not beautiful anymore."
GE 7:21 All creatures other than Noah and his clan were annihilated by the Flood.
NU 13:33 There were Nephilim after the Flood.

There were actually no Nephilim after the flood. That was a false report brought back by the Israelite spies because they were scared of the inhabitants of the promised land.
GE 11:26 Terah was 70 years old when his son Abram was born.
GE 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he died (making Abram 135 at the time).
GE 12:4, AC 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left Haran. This was after Terah died. Thus, Terah could have been no more than 145 when he died; or Abram was only 75 years old after he had lived 135 years.

Go for it.

Also if the bible is condsidered the infallible word of god then why do people see the need to remove or add parts?
That last one though I really have no idea how that worked though I suppose there was no real concept of years back then since the calender didn't exist.
As for removing or adding I have no clue what you're talking about. I didn't know the Bible has changed in centuries.
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2008, 10:43:34 pm »
the bible's changed a lot, kid. i mean, it has been translated into so many languages, of course something will be lost or changed.
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=220744
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2008, 12:46:53 am »
you didnt know the bible has been changed?  do you have the King James version of the bible?  why do you suppose there is a "King James" version?  never thought to ask yourself that?

there have been things added and omitted from the bible as well as things changed.  english wasn't the original language which is why there are scholars who waste their entire lives studying the bible because they have to interpret past languages and all the intricacies of the load of horseshit known as the holy bible.
frozen sky

<+Slim[element]> hehe hes kinda big that should be fun

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47:43 pm »
well I knew it has different versions and there are all sorts of different words used because they weren't that good with Hebrew or whatnot but the meaning remains unchanged.
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2008, 05:33:05 pm »
Give me one good reason not to close this argument within an hour.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2008, 07:37:58 pm »
Quote from: zblewski
Give me one good reason to close this argument within an hour.
because it's off topic now and has nothing to do with swearing anymore

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2008, 07:39:41 pm »
Quote from: KingRanter
Quote from: zblewski
Give me one good reason to close this argument within an hour.
because it's off topic now and has nothing to do with swearing anymore

Sold.

Closing.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317