Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: There Will Be Brawl  (Read 1193 times)

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:15:18 pm »
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...496-Episode-One

5 episodes and 1 filler right now. "Welcome to a world of dark humor starring the classic game characters you thought you knew and loved." This isn't a machinima, it's actual actors who are acting. Watch and discuss.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:15:40 pm by KingRanter »

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:11:38 am »
Nah

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:13:38 pm »
Dammit, you reminded me that I haven't played Brawl in months due to Brawl breaking all of my gamecube controllers.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 08:33:42 pm »
How did Brawl break your controllers?

It broke one of mine when it threw the controller at the floor when it lost against retarded ganging computers >_>

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:16:37 pm »
Many years ago, my little brother was playing Melee with me. He kept losing and eventually rageflung some stuff at me. Most of them hit me, but the controller missed and hit the wall behind me, busting the stick.

Years later long after we ascended to Brawl, it eventually started to wear out the pad on the stick and it eventually fell off. Hurt like hell to use it even before when it was just a tear in the pad, and it was apparently too porous to tape the damn thing back on, so I just stopped using it.

My other two working controllers, both crappy wireless ones, died at the same time (and less than a month before the second one began to stab me). I have no idea what happened to them, but the only thing I'd been using them for was Brawl.

The fifth one, which I bought after I didn't have any controllers left, was a complete piece of trash (also wireless) that I do not blame Brawl in any way for, but it still didn't work.

Nintendo does not know how to make a decent control stick. The N64 sticks we're too skinny and easily damaged, and the Gamecube sticks we're painful wads of some sharp material covered in a half-assed rubberish pad.

Also I am now prejudiced against wireless controllers.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:24:42 pm by Untelligent »

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 07:57:00 am »
(Use the Wiimote)
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:09:15 pm »
Amen to that. What really sucks is that I still have a lo of N64 games from my childhood days that would be fun to bust out, but I have no working controllers to play them with. All 4 of my controllers have weak control sticks at the least, where you have to damn near break the thing to register that your character is running and not walking. If not for the control sticks, they'd all be fine.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »
I never had a problem with my N64 controllers, and the only issue i had with the control stick was that it was kind of wobbly at the base, but nothing ever broke. I did however, use to have a SNES turbo controller that was see through and larger than the normal ones, and somehow it got smashed on the side. It was still operable, just weird to hold.

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 02:45:30 pm »
Quote from: pielord47
(Use the Wiimote)

I tried, it was bloody awful, especially after playing Melee and Brawl with the gamecube controllers for so long.

Besides, we only have one nunchuck for some reason, and playing without the nunchuck is even worse.

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 10:11:08 am »
I personally can stand using the wiimote in a situation where there's no other option, but there's been cases where others didn't have a gamecube controller and their wiimote was sticky or something and moving around was more wonky than normal

Offline shahman

• New Polar Order
  • Cactus
  • Polar
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mesozoa
  • Ruler: Shahman
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 02:16:20 pm »
Brawl is only good vs other people...and then the Nintendo pvp is baddd, too laggy
From NpO

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 06:02:13 pm »
agreed

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 09:45:45 pm »
any of u actually watch the video? imho it kinda went too slow
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 10:01:21 pm »
yeah it's pretty slow, that's definitely an issue, but I get pretty pumped about it after watching it.

Offline shahman

• New Polar Order
  • Cactus
  • Polar
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mesozoa
  • Ruler: Shahman
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »
Brawlgasm is better.
From NpO

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
There Will Be Brawl
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 05:00:04 pm »
Quote from: shahman
Brawlgasm is better.
no it isn't. Brawlgasm is funnier, yes, but There Will Be Brawl isn't really going for funny.

also, brawlgasm is a machinima. There will be Brawl is actual actors and filming etc.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:13:58 pm by KingRanter »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317