Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Titanic Struggle of B-R  (Read 11940 times)

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
Titanic Struggle of B-R
« on: November 05, 2015, 10:02:09 pm »
Apparently, this is one of the largest battles ever to happen in eve online.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI</a>

The time is real game time, as the servers slow down time to do calculations when shit starts to hit the fan.
have some 4k screenshots of the event as well.
http://imgur.com/a/ikc3o#0

As a side note, anyone have sweet mmorpg lore?
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic Struggle of B-R
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:07:14 pm »
quoting someone for refrence as to scale and grandness of this battle.

For anyone confused about the significance of huge battles like this: Subscriptions, or Pilot Licenses Extensions (PLEX), in this game can be bought with real money or with the in-game currency, ISK. This makes PLEX a sort of conversion factor between money and ISK. The ships that were destroyed during this battle had a combined value of 11 trillion ISK. You could buy more than $300,000+ worth of PLEX with that dough. And now it's all gone.

apparently the guys that own eve did a nice video on this battle.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O56g8KC6CM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O56g8KC6CM</a>
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:42:58 pm by Brian »
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:34:33 pm »
i used to play this, wish i still could.

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 10:47:44 pm »
intense screenshot of intense eve battle

http://www.cognossource.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Prepare-an-Excel-file-as-ODBC-source-for-Data-Advisor-1.png
Titanic Struggle of B-R

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 01:21:34 am »
Almost as epic as MvC

Gee, I don't really know how to answer that.

But the answer is yes.

There are a shitton more variables to account for with fighting games than any turn-based game than I'm aware of. A lot more.

Here is a USFIV matchup chart.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/f3be8d9078603718e66e6716337c04b9/tumblr_ngahooQHWC1th4x6go5_1280.png
Titanic Struggle of B-R

Then there is frame data (analyzing hitboxes) and priority data (two moves occurring at the same, which one will hit first - essential information for counters)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/joonthebaboon/Ken%20Hitbox/CSMP.png
Titanic Struggle of B-R

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/nov/13/ken-frame-data-street-fighter-4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_OlFBwCHg

I mean, there are reasons why fighting games get insane amounts of revisions compared to other games.

https://youtu.be/lBwEHpiSQjM?t=194

Plus, while we are on the topic

FUCK.

THE HYPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSGW7CwD5GM

It's insane. And it gives this competitive push that will take a game from Day One release where everything is fresh and exciting and there is so much new tech to experience...to this mature stage where the fights become this psychological thing.

That last clip uploaded. That wasn't just lucky countering. The guy had to have practiced that. And if he practiced that, and given the circumstances, you have to wonder if he actually baited Justin to use the Super...knowing that if properly countered, the punishment potential would be enough to allow him land his Super and to win that fight.

God that shit is so exciting
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:23:37 am by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 01:23:15 am »
Anyhow, if any of you know any sweet lore I'd love to read about it. As much as i hate MMORPG's I'm thinking of trying out eve now...

Offline Gigantuar

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Hey Sazh!
  • war boner is 3.28" long.
  • has 15 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jack Links
  • Ruler: Big Foot
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 05:34:49 am »
Anyhow, if any of you know any sweet lore I'd love to read about it. As much as i hate MMORPG's I'm thinking of trying out eve now...

It's played by the CN community, thus I won't even give it the time of day. This community has a irritating habit of playing war games and not fighting wars...
Hyperonic made me do it! :p

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
Liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
Acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable!

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 07:55:20 pm »
EVE always looked cool, but the problem is, goons play it. That basically makes it OWF with 3D spaceships to me.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 08:45:42 am »
i havent kept with with EVE in a long time but i just checked, and yup, goons still has the largest coalition in EVE...

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 09:03:22 am »
oh man check out this screenshot from the front lines

Spoiler for Hiden:

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 05:28:16 pm »
kenny can't handle a popular video game thread that isn't run by him

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 07:11:17 pm »
that was a joke btw. I like your threads kenny.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 08:10:56 pm »
kenny can't handle a popular video game thread that isn't run by him

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 10:01:07 pm »
I would also like to point out how much more exciting the epic battles of CN are in comparison to EVE online.
Wait a second...

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 06:26:57 pm »
I would also like to point out how much more exciting the epic battles of CN are in comparison to EVE online.
Wait a second...

it has been many seconds, how long are we supposed to wait

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 07:13:39 pm »
umm... well im going to say around 2 years for the next war? idk, its been a while since the last one...

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 09:42:14 pm »
so i looked up this thread for the video since someone was talking about wars in EvE. saw my last post. nailed it.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 01:11:46 pm »
FUCKK the new update for Eve makes this look gorgeous

Spoiler for Hiden:
https://cdn.lynda.com/course/431183/431183-635966551733130610-16x9.jpg
Titanic Struggle of B-R
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 01:19:56 am »
Hey, MvC got an update it looks super cool too! oh wait, nvm...

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 07:55:26 am »

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Don't.
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 50 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317