Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Qualified to manage you but not old enough to drink  (Read 9655 times)

Offline Mia

• Non Grata
  • RIctuar
  • has 37 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Earthly Heaven
  • Ruler: Salmia
Qualified to manage you but not old enough to drink
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:47:29 am »
So I may end up graduating with a BA in management by next fall... that is before my 21st birthday. I will be old enough to manage a store containing alcohol but not old enough to drink any of it. Irony?

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Qualified to manage you but not old enough to drink
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:43:26 am »
Yeah, but then you have to because then and you'll get no where then.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:33:56 pm »
I read the topic and thought this was going to be about me... then I realized that Mia started it and my hopes were dashed. But on the same premise:

So I may end up starting my MS in Operations Management next fall...that is before my 21st birthday. I will be old enough to run a factory producing alcohol but not old enough to drown in said alcohol. Irony?
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 07:28:14 pm »
I'll finish my BA in just over a week, and I've been old enough to drink for quite a few years now. Even ran the Liquor Department at a supermarket before I started my BA, lol.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:36:17 pm »
Since when have laws on drinking age ever stopped anyone? Anyway, I do think 21 is a good age for the law. Kids act damn stupid when it comes to alcohol. We've all been there so I'd think that's hard to argue against.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:55 pm »
unless your outside of the US, federal law prohibits you working in a store that sells alcohol as a manager.

Sorry to rain on your parade :D
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:43 pm »
I personally think that 18 is a good age, undiscovered. Plenty of other countries are in line with that and are doing quite well, so I've never really understood how we ended up at the age of 21 in the United States.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 10:03:27 pm »
I guess, it would probably take away that edgy cool factor of doing something illegal and make it just a normal thing.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 10:27:58 pm »
Exactly, though really, I'd rather it not be an age thing and instead be a you have to at least graduate from high school thing. If you didn't graduate, you're too stupid to drink. If you graduated and went to college when you were 16, get yourself a beer to celebrate doing your work while those other dipshits didn't.

Of course, that'd probably be harder to maintain, but perfect worlds are tough to control, too.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 12:46:18 am »
Wanna know whats funny about the US?

I joined the Army, Graduated Basic, Graduated the Military intelligence School, Went to war, and Came back.

Before I was old enough to drink.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »
and im sure they cared lots about your drinking habits while on tour... although, thinking about it, do i really want the people who make life and death choices for other people to be able to drink? no... i dont think i do...
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:06:06 pm »
More of, while we were stateside.  Me and the others under 21 were always left out of the barracks parties.  However, thats basically what led to the formation of our paintball team.  And, when we came back and all turned 21 shortly after, it was barracks parties which lead to the destruction of our paintball team.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 11:12:24 pm »
Wait, you were in the military and had paintball fights? C'mon man, you have a whole armory full of cool stuff and you settle on toys!?
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • Awards RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New Quds
  • Ruler: Holy Ruler
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 01:25:54 am »
Wait, you were in the military and had paintball fights? C'mon man, you have a whole armory full of cool stuff and you settle on toys!?

Maybe because Intelligence guys don't go to the front.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 03:01:20 am »
Actually, that's a common misconception.  In fact, my job (in a real war) is to be behind the enemy line with a squad of 19d (Cavalry scouts).  Most Tactical Intelligence Analysts are attached to cavalry units and go either to or beyond the front line until we reach a rank where we are slightly less expendable.

I mean, were not the most expendable, but we are trained to do a specific job.  We capture/receive intelligence, analyze it, and send it back to command.  The modern day intelligence soldier is nothing like the desk-jockeys of yester-year.

Let me walk you through one of my "cycles" while I was over:

First, wake up at abound dawn, then 3S.  After that, breakfest and daily briefing in the TOC (Tactical Operations Command), we'd get the days target packets, pick priorities, and assign them out.  Next, we'd bring our vehicle to whatever unit was hitting our priorities.  We'd patrol with them till given the final go, then they'd strike.

They'd hit the building and secure it.  I'd go in (usually giving the turret to someone else) and photograph everything quickly while we gathered evidence and detainees.  We'd head back to base.  The unit that went with us would goto debrief, we'd take the detainees to the med station.  The medics would inspect the detainee while we checked all the evidence in (cataloging weapons and such).  The medics would finish their checks on the detainees and approve/disapprove them for interrogation.  If approved, we'd take them to solitary holding for the night, if disapproved, we'd arrange transportation to a detainee medical holding facility.  Then, we'd return to the TOC and analyze the evidence.  Find anything time sensitive and interrogate the same night if we needed, otherwise we'd do a hand-over to the night-team.  THey would check anything we had to see if it matched their stuff, and then we'd goto sleep.  night team did same basic thing, but at night.

Next day, we'd get breakfest and take the detainees from holding to interrogation.  We'd spend the day going between interrogations and evidence analysis.  When we were finished with a detainee, we'd tag his belongings with his detainee number and send him up the chain.  Any weapons would be turned over for disposal.  Then, we'd start prepping for the next day.

I did that for about half my time over before being promoted to PFC and assigned a different job.

I wasn't a door-kicker or anything, but I was still out there in sector.  The old days of intelligence are dead.  While we still have people who sit and analyze satellite footage all day, but the best intelligence we get comes from boots-on-the-ground work, experience, and analysis.

I can name very few people that were my age when I was in Intel that had jobs requiring as much professionalism as mine did.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:09:21 am by Apophis775 »
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 05:59:58 am »
Did you ever get to stack detainees?  How about torture them?  From what I have been told by buddies in Iraq and Afganistan that is front line intel work.

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • Awards RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 07:17:07 am »

Also, Pterrydactylhis if you did what you said you did, yes I imagine most guys your age would not be doing such work that requires a lot of professionalism such as the one you were doing - except me  :smug:

And did you ever do this?

Did you ever get to stack detainees?  How about torture them?  From what I have been told by buddies in Iraq and Afganistan that is front line intel work.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 05:55:29 pm »
HR, can you define professionalism without googling it for me?

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 06:42:14 pm »
It is how you suck my dick.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 06:56:35 pm »
It is how you suck my dick.
I have been told I give great oral. You pass this round.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317