Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Jesus was the biggest blasphemer ever  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Jesus was the biggest blasphemer ever
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 01:51:31 am »
Quote from: wethepeople
You cannot call yourself Christian, and denounce Jesus in such a way. Why does it matter? Why? Because the lesson he gives us, the lesson of redemption, peace, following him. He promises us the best life we can have, and have seen that proven right time and again, if we but bend our knee to him. He is there, working in our lives, giving us all the chances to spread his word and to grow as he can. I live with Jesus because I want to. I'm actually against most organized religion, and have many opinions on things like that. Why I give a fist about that book, is because its helped me through my life. God has always been there for me, and has always helped me. The lessons he gives, and the wisdom he provides is incredible. I need that book because without it, I would fall into sin, and would forget the right path. I need a good book to tell me how to live, because everyone around me isn't too good at that. "Drink beer, sex, women, money, power!" Screw that! I would be lost in five years without the Bible, and Jesus. Man's take on life is nothing but stupidity to me. Money? The nice car and big house? I would much rather have salvation, thanks.

It matters if he's the son of God or not. If he is, he is what he says. If he isn't, then there is no point in Christianity. Christianity is different because he rose from the dead, promises us Salvation, and defeated death. No other "God" did that.

That damned holy ghost died for you on the cross, layed down those principles you follow, and loves you, Shy. Without him, there is no 'Christ'ianity.

I disagree entirely. If Jesus knew he was going to raise from the dead, then it wasn't quite as noble a thing as people think. If he was divine, then it wouldn't matter if he died or not, because he was immortal. Plenty other gods have defeated death in their own myths, plenty have risen from the dead, and all too many promise salvation.

It means SO MUCH more, the sacrifice so much greater, if he was a mortal man.

That's where you're too blind to see. You're doing everything for yourself, for salvation. You're devoting your life to something in order to get something in return. Wouldn't it be so much more noble a thing to do something... Just because? Because you strive to be a better person, and better yourself? Why must their be some spooky tale that frightens us into gulping down religion?

I'm not denouncing Jesus, I'm making him more noble by making him human, and far more understanding and greater than what the christian faith has turned him into.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:54:21 am by Shyox »
A Lannister always pays his debts

wethepeople

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 02:06:53 pm »
Who said he wasn't human? He was the Son of God. He wasn't immortal, didn't feel no pain. He had abilities from God, and blessings from God. None on his own accord. Shy, you're standing on a field. On the other side of it, is pure happiness. Problem is, the field is a mine field, has lion traps, and spike pits in it. Now go get that happiness! Doesn't matter if you know the ending, that is going to suck. And he still did it. He knew the ending, knew the torment, and he still did it.

Hardly. You're calling me blind and selfish? I want to make people happy. I want people to be blessed, I want to be able to share God's word with them, which is true happiness. I am striving to be a better person, but with Jesus, because he created me, and everything. If I follow His will, I will grow. I have seen this all too many times proven true, so do not call me a liar or blind. Its not a spooky tale to me, its a wonderful story of a man stepping down, dying for our sins, and giving us redemption. But you think he's a blasphemer. Lets say he was. Boy was he a selfish, ignorant magician. All he did was praise God, try to help everyone he could, died for them, rose again. All he did was give people redemption, and testimony. A reason to live then. All he did was save lives. Curse him! The selfish saints that persecuted him did so because he "Broke their temple rules.". They brought false witnesses against him, and he was crucified by Pilate, who knew he was an innocent and strong man. But he crucified him because he did not want an uprising in Jerusalem against the Romans. Jesus could have left, stood on his own side, or just killed them all probably. He didn't, he kept his mouth shut, and talked to God, and still did it.

What a selfish man Jesus was.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 03:31:09 pm »
at some point, Shy, you have to stop asking for proof and facts and just believe. That's what faith is. And you seem to be using that word quite a bit.

Also, how is making him man making him any better? If he was man, then he was sinful. But he WAS man. Do you not read? He was fully God and fully man, as much as that blows our minds. Back to being man, he was dead for three days, likely suffering in Hell for us, and for a holy person, being around that much sin is like dying a thousand deaths a second. Making Jesus pure human does not make him more noble; it simply denies a key aspect of his character.

This is not a religion. I hate when people call it that. It's a relationship. "Religion" means "to bind back" in its original language. Religion is man's attempt to bind himself to God. But the Lord said, "No, you do not bind yourself to me. I call you to me." So he sent Jesus to ransom us from the pits of hell.

Also, everyone, no matter what, is never completely altruistic. It's not possible. But there is more than selfish desire for salvation: when we accept Jesus, we accept God as our ruler. We are, as Paul says, slaves to him. Once we do that, we serve the one who created the universe, and is there a higher calling than that? We do God's will when we come to him through Jesus.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 07:51:33 pm »
All the books in the Bible were written over hundreds of years, by different people. Wasn't it the book of John that was written on a stranded island? Yeah.

From what I remember, historians think that the four gospels weren't written directly written by the people, but instead they were probably written by Matthew's, Mark's, Luke's, and John's disciples. John's bible supposedly being the latest.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 07:56:05 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
at some point, Shy, you have to stop asking for proof and facts and just believe. That's what faith is. And you seem to be using that word quite a bit.

I'm sorry for double-posting, but as soon as I read this matt, I had to agree with you. As a Catholic studying my faith with my father, I have learned many things that I did not know before. Faith being one of them. It's called the "Mystery of Faith" for a reason. A mystery is when we know part of the story, but not everything. We know part of God's will and who God is, but yet we do not know everything. That is mystery; faith is trusting in God even when you're not sure what will happen by living the life that he has called you to live.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 09:15:30 pm »
amen.

Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Chaos Poet

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.idontrollonshabbat.com
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 11:13:22 pm »
Quote from: Shyox
I've decided it would be best to separate myself from the traditional christianity as much as I can. My own beliefs will be shunned by its followers, and they're the largest hypocrites in the world, so I've decided I might as well stop calling myself a christian.

In Jesus' time, declaring yourself the son of god was a ludicrous idea. It goes against all of the religious doctrines that he based Christianity on. We used to think it was silly to read about kings and pharoahs who claimed themselves to be gods, but isn't that what Jesus did? He rebelled against the church, and created his own religion, and was killed for it.

Isn't that what's happening right now? With this whole homosexuality issue, the church is splitting apart. Organized religion was always a mean of controlling the people anyways, and in ways is still succeeding to tremendous extents. The Christians talk about following God and the bible, but the bible still has chapters talking about how to treat your slaves! Then they go out into the world, and persecute the blasphemists of their religion, for doing something different and keeping their own beliefs, doing EXACTLY what Jesus did. So, in conclusion, the old hippy down the street who smokes a blunt in his front yard everyday is closer to Jesus than the dad that goes to church every Sunday and is a hate-mongering homophobe. Christians have actually taken gay people and killed them by tying them to football goal posts! They practically crucify them!

A new age is dawning. The age of Traditional Christianity is nearing the end of its reign, and must make way for something else.

What "christianity" was and has been based on the Idea of the son of God. Within the Entire Torah there are examples of God calling himself son of man/ God or the idea of a God messiah.

I will compile a list when im not so tired.

A flaw is that you fail to see that Christianity and Jesus have been Jewish, not this idea of a new religion, but of an old one. Jesus did not "start" a new religon but fullfilled the plans for an old one, Judaism. He Did not rebel against the church seeing as how he started the church to continue his work until he returned and the temple would be rebuilt.( The word "church" comes from the Greek word eklesia meaning The gathering). Originally the church was just a bunch of Jews who met on the sabbath(saturday) and again after Havdalah or on Sunday. Then they were kicked out by a proclamation by the non-believing Jews, So they had no other choice but to continue worship on Saturday within their own synoguge ( greek for the assembly). Until CONstitine, the so called christian, changed it to Sunday to honor Apollo.  

The pharisees were political puppets of the day. Rome was afraid of anyone besides the Roman emporer commanding the respect of large bodies of people, weather it be chiefs,prophets or the messiah. Tacitus (writing at the beginning of the second century A.D.) reports: "There was a firm persuasion ... that at this very time the East was to grow powerful, and rulers coming from Judea were to acquire a universal empire." If you look at Jesus's trial everything about it was illegal under Jewish law. He was not killed because he was a blasphemer but because he was an enemy of the state.  

The Christians talk about following God and the bible, but the bible still has chapters talking about how to treat your slaves! Then they go out into the world, and persecute the blasphemists of their religion, for doing something different and keeping their own beliefs, doing EXACTLY what Jesus did.

Slavery was a big part of life back then, It is not slavery as we think it today. It was a from of punishment. Many also found becoming a slave to a rich master better then living on their own, knowing full well that they would be taken care of. You have to think life then was diffrent from life today. It was harsh and it was not often guaranteed where you would get your next meal. The laws over slaves are actually to prevent creualty. One of the reason many went into servitude to just masters, Like after 7 years law commands that a salve be set free.  Don't Judge the teachings of Jesus based on Man. Remember, people suck! IF you apply the high standard you expect christians to have to every principle or religion in the world you would still have imperfection, a lot of it. The bible teaches not to judge the sawdust in peoples eyes when you have a plank in your own. ( One of the reasons he hated the pharasees). This is what Jesus teaches. Not to judge but let God almighty who is without sin Judge.

So, in conclusion, the old hippy down the street who smokes a blunt in his front yard everyday is closer to Jesus than the dad that goes to church every Sunday and is a hate-mongering homophobe. Christians have actually taken gay people and killed them by tying them to football goal posts! They practically crucify them!

A new age is dawning. The age of Traditional Christianity is nearing the end of its reign, and must make way for something else.

I agree with this statement somewhat, as long as the hippy followed Jesus. Traditional Christianity must make way for God. I feel that he is revealing a truth that was lost to his people so long ago. People all across the world are seeing that many so called christians are fake and hate-mongering. The world I believe is tired of this Image and I believe God is too.  

всe... Чиллах именно так...

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=121543

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 11:23:57 pm »
You guys aren't going to be able to understand my views, and I can't convince you too.

I don't have time to argue right now, so lemme try again tomorrow.

Peace.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 07:38:54 am »
I think we are able to understand them, they're just incorrect according to the Bible, and therefore we attempt to refute them and bring you back to the Way.

Offline Chaos Poet

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 08:44:23 am »
YOur ideas are not stupid. Its just that You came to them under some misinformation.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 11:59:59 am »
I don't understand the point in arguing then. I'm glad you guys have your faith, I am, but I just can't agree with the bible until some things change.

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 01:05:49 pm »
this is why i think religion is outdated.
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline Chaos Poet

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 03:34:52 pm »
I don't understand the point in arguing then. I'm glad you guys have your faith, I am, but I just can't agree with the bible until some things change.

I was not arguing, just sorta conversing.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 06:17:20 pm »
Quote from: Crunka
this is why i think religion is outdated.

That's why I can't wait for the sequel.

Bible 2: Satan Strikes Back!

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 06:25:35 pm »
Again, I say it again, and I'll probably have to say it again, but Christianity is NOT a religion. It is a relationship between God and you.

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 01:09:05 am »
w/e then you and god are outdated.
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2007, 07:14:23 am »
well, then, in the immortal words of Captain Solo, "I'll see you in Hell."

Offline Chaos Poet

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 08:38:35 am »
...from heaven

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2007, 10:42:54 am »
correct.

Offline mrramsden6

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2007, 02:08:03 pm »
You cannot call yourself Christian, and denounce Jesus in such a way. Why does it matter? Why? Because the lesson he gives us, the lesson of redemption, peace, following him. He promises us the best life we can have, and have seen that proven right time and again, if we but bend our knee to him. He is there, working in our lives, giving us all the chances to spread his word and to grow as he can. I live with Jesus because I want to. I'm actually against most organized religion, and have many opinions on things like that. Why I give a fist about that book, is because its helped me through my life. God has always been there for me, and has always helped me. The lessons he gives, and the wisdom he provides is incredible. I need that book because without it, I would fall into sin, and would forget the right path. I need a good book to tell me how to live, because everyone around me isn't too good at that. "Drink beer, sex, women, money, power!" Screw that! I would be lost in five years without the Bible, and Jesus. Man's take on life is nothing but stupidity to me. Money? The nice car and big house? I would much rather have salvation, thanks.

It matters if he's the son of God or not. If he is, he is what he says. If he isn't, then there is no point in Christianity. Christianity is different because he rose from the dead, promises us Salvation, and defeated death. No other "God" did that.

That damned holy ghost died for you on the cross, layed down those principles you follow, and loves you, Shy. Without him, there is no 'Christ'ianity.

I disagree entirely. If Jesus knew he was going to raise from the dead, then it wasn't quite as noble a thing as people think. If he was divine, then it wouldn't matter if he died or not, because he was immortal. Plenty other gods have defeated death in their own myths, plenty have risen from the dead, and all too many promise salvation.

It means SO MUCH more, the sacrifice so much greater, if he was a mortal man.

That's where you're too blind to see. You're doing everything for yourself, for salvation. You're devoting your life to something in order to get something in return. Wouldn't it be so much more noble a thing to do something... Just because? Because you strive to be a better person, and better yourself? Why must their be some spooky tale that frightens us into gulping down religion?

I'm not denouncing Jesus, I'm making him more noble by making him human, and far more understanding and greater than what the christian faith has turned him into.

When Jesus was crucified atthat point he was titakky seperated fron God hsi father, it was teh act of a mortal to suffer pain and die for our sins, at that moment and in teh trrial leading up to his death Jesus had the free will to deny his father and live and he chose not to to fulfil his role in life

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317