Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: God and religion  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Divineslasher

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 4.41" long.
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shady Sands
  • Ruler: Divineslasher
God and religion
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:41:49 am »
God.

What is God? A being that can create and dominate life?

Religion.

Is a double edge sword. Religion has created laws that we still use today in our day and time. Our morales basically comes from it. Telling us whats right and wrong. But yet religion is corrupt in the sense that it takes advantage of the people who has faith in them. In the past, religion has ran the lives of many people. Telling them what to do, how to do it and threating them with the consequences of not following their rules. They tell people that if they dont follow their rules they wont go to heaven. If you really think about it, its pretty selfish. Your just apart of a religion just to get into heaven and to be saved from eternal damnation. If you believe in god, you shouldn't need religion to get you into heaven. You shouldn't need religion to tell you how to live. Maybe im missing something or maybe im the tired fool who doesn't have his facts straight. This isn't my whole opinion either.

If you believe in god, good for you. If you're very religious, lets hope you're not the blind follower who lacks a mind to see the world how it really is.

Its late =(

*doesn't bother with his flame shield*
The difference between a brave man and a coward is a coward thinks twice before jumping in the cage with a lion. The brave man doesn't know what a lion is. He just thinks he does.

- Charles Bukowski

Offline Divineslasher

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
God and religion
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 02:48:19 am »
Whats funny is that RI was getting a lot of religion topics.

But the site is closed down for maintinence =(
The difference between a brave man and a coward is a coward thinks twice before jumping in the cage with a lion. The brave man doesn't know what a lion is. He just thinks he does.

- Charles Bukowski

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
God and religion
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 03:00:49 am »
Quote from: Divineslasher
God.

What is God? A being that can create and dominate life?

Religion.

Is a double edge sword. Religion has created laws that we still use today in our day and time. Our morales basically comes from it. Telling us whats right and wrong. But yet religion is corrupt in the sense that it takes advantage of the people who has faith in them. In the past, religion has ran the lives of many people. Telling them what to do, how to do it and threating them with the consequences of not following their rules. They tell people that if they dont follow their rules they wont go to heaven. If you really think about it, its pretty selfish. Your just apart of a religion just to get into heaven and to be saved from eternal damnation. If you believe in god, you shouldn't need religion to get you into heaven. You shouldn't need religion to tell you how to live. Maybe im missing something or maybe im the tired fool who doesn't have his facts straight. This isn't my whole opinion either.

If you believe in god, good for you. If you're very religious, lets hope you're not the blind follower who lacks a mind to see the world how it really is.

Its late =(

*doesn't bother with his flame shield*

I could KISS you right now! I was just telling the others how it can be seen as pretty selfish to become religious in order to become saved and go to heaven.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Divineslasher

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
God and religion
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 03:09:57 am »
I didn't read your post about it o_o

Glad someone else sees my point n_n

- Charles Bukowski

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Internal Affairs Five years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO)
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
God and religion
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 01:37:34 pm »
I remember the 3rd cusade

It was fun killling so many the blood shed

O the good ol days

I want to do it again!
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

wethepeople

God and religion
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 01:47:10 pm »
Not surprisingly your statement holds water, but not for all religion. That statement doesn't fit true Christianity, for instance. I'm going to say it time and time again. The Crusades for instance, or the witch burnings, were not from Jesus Christ. They said they were, but Jesus did not support those times. His message was against hate, pain, death, war, and selfishness--All of those apply to those times. Those times should not, and do not, dictate who we are today and more importantly, who Jesus Christ is. Christianity has no rules, or boundries, or lines. Only that you accept Jesus into your life (Thats a real tough one.), and that you live for him. Thats not wearing a suit and a tie, and damning everyone within arm's reach. Thats being a good person for Christ, following his will (You'll know it when you hear it at times.), staying away from lusts, and violence, and sin best you can, but also being yourself in Christ. I'm Glenn, and I'm not a nice guy a times. So? Jesus loves me, and everyone. And he still chose to save me. I be myself, but I also stick to the principles I follow. Be nice, don't back talk, and just don't be an idiot. I'm not wearing the cloth and doing six hail Mary's a day, and I'm not  shunning those who don't believe. Did Jesus not talk with prostitutes, murderers (He even saved them. Even while he was dying, on the cross!), and tax collectors? (The most hated people back then.) Jesus welcomed everyone. He didn't abide by some dictator-esque rules. All he did was preach, pray, and worship. What I'm saying is, don't get the rules man set down mixed up by the ones God sets down. You might hate the Bible, say its crap, but thats the best place to look if you want to find /God's/ rules, and his lessons and Word. Not the people that say you go to Hell for watching pokemon.

bioakky

God and religion
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 03:50:44 pm »
Probably more fitting for the Jesus as a blasphemer topic, but isn't teaching a lie a sin? And thus, under his (albeit false) beliefs...he wouldn't deserve his place as prophet of said beliefs, leading into an endless cycle of non-existence and lie that likely creates a paradox I don't want to go into. (Don't feel like destroying the universe today.)

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Internal Affairs Five years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO)
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
God and religion
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 04:09:43 pm »
but the cursades were the best years of my unnatuale life
so many bead and Friday the 13th the day my order was declared heritcus extermanutes has become a world wide day of bad luck
wtf is gaf?
I can swim
Wino

wethepeople

God and religion
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 04:16:13 pm »
Quote from: bioakky
Probably more fitting for the Jesus as a blasphemer topic, but isn't teaching a lie a sin? And thus, under his (albeit false) beliefs...he wouldn't deserve his place as prophet of said beliefs, leading into an endless cycle of non-existence and lie that likely creates a paradox I don't want to go into. (Don't feel like destroying the universe today.)

...Come again?

Offline Divineslasher

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
God and religion
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 10:46:22 pm »
How would you react if you were walking int the city and some random guy sets up a stand and attracts a crowd. Claiming to be your King, The messiah, Jesus and starts praying and preaching to repent and follow him and to believe in God. Convert now or have your soul damned forever.

- Charles Bukowski

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
God and religion
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 02:45:09 am »
I would have the man stoned and not the good stoned.....

like the cursades
I can swim
Wino

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 33 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317