Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What are you drinking?  (Read 5908 times)

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
Re: What are you drinking?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »
Way over due for an update

Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier - The worlds oldest brewery makes a damn fine hefe
Sprecher Hard Root Beer - About what you would expect.  Sweet with a malt after taste.
Goose Island Octoberfest - Typical generic american version of an October.  Ok, but nothing special.
Victory Headwaters Pale Ale - Good stuff.  Not as hoppy as Hop Devil, but hoppy enough with good flavor.

http://www.theperfectlyhappyman.com/uploads/victory-headwaters-pale-ale.jpg
What are you drinking?

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon!
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2013, 08:46:44 pm »
Damn, I clearly need to get my shit together.  I've been very lazy at updating this.

Anyway, here is what I bought today

Sierra Nevada  - Narwhal - It's an Imperial Stout, and it's all of that.  Not as impressive as others I have had, but still good
Alesmith - Anvil ESB - Pretty generic ESB.  Not a whole lot of flavor
Alesmith - Nut Brown - Have not tried this one yet
Port Brewing - Old Viscosity - I am highly intrigued by this one.  Another imperial stout, but supposed to be as thick as motor oil.  It't won't be, but will be interesting.  The Santa's Little Helper Russian Imperial Stout is excellent, so I have high hopes.
Founders - Breakfast Stout - Not my favorite from Founders, but I bought it for the wife who loves it.  Coffee, coffee, coffee flavor. 
The Lost Abbey - Inferno Ale - Heard good things about this brewery so I thought I would give them a try.  This one seem to be the best style for me to start with, being a Strong Ale.  Another one I have high hopes on.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:59:11 pm by Jenne »

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »
I am noticing a pretty big gap, so I will try to fill in based on the highlights I can recall

Alesmith - Evil Deal Red - Bought it just for the name, and got about what I expected
Alesmith - Speedway Stout - This beer is amazing.  It's currently Rate Beer #8, with one of the ones above it being a barrel aged version of this beer.

Offline Valtamdraugr

• Sex toy/Boot razor
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards The Disorder War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 3.01" long.
  • has 18 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mjordrika
  • Ruler: Valtamdraugr
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2013, 12:25:11 pm »
"I shall be here all evening, being bored and drinking. And making spaghetti and meatballs.
And maybe videos of my cat. Which I will torture my friends with. ;)
All because my plans for taking over the world have gone awry......." -Valthilde

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2013, 12:51:18 pm »

That's just silly.

Never mind anyone else's uninformed tastebuds, this is hands-down the best beer on earth.  Wesvleteren is a Belgian Trappist beer, and the monks only make it when they need money.  It is amazing - every sip tastes different.  The only way to get it is to call the monastery directly, and book a 2-4.  They will only answer the phone if they need money.  If you call twice in 15 minutes, they automatically block your phone number for 24 hours.  If you do manage to get an order through, it takes 2-4 weeks for them to prepare it.  Then they call you 48 hours before it is ready, and advise you of your 30 minute window in which to pick it up (ie Tuesday the 119th from 2:30 to 3pm).  The same car is not permitted access to the grounds twice in a month.  If you challenge them on any of these rules, their response is invariably, "Temperance, my son."

Normally such rediculous exclusivity and Belgian red tape would disinterest me, but I took up the challenge because my brother would be visiting me a few months down the road.  After 3 months of not making headway, I checked e-bay, and found a case (a 2-4, eh?) for 598 Euros (ie 750 USD), so I looked elsewhere.  I found a shop in Brussels, called "De Bier Tempel", and sauntered in.  I asked the shopkeeper if he had Westvleteren, and he pulled away, darting his eyes toward the other patron in the small store.  Once she left, he leaned in, and said, "You Americans [Fuck you creeper, I thought] should learn to be more discreet.  How many do you want?  Quickly."  He is not supposed to resell it, and there is an underground economy to get your hands on this shit.  I left with the beer in brown paperbags and a carboard box, feeling like I just bought a sex video.  He sold me 12 bottles for a sum I would have been ashamed to admit I paid until I tasted the stuff with my brother.  Every sip of my 6 bottles tasted different and distinct.  Incredible.  And fucking strong.  We ended the evening complimenting each other on the gracious way with which each of us wiped the drool from our chins.

I will do it all over again.  If this is not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:54:33 pm by GrilledSlug »

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2013, 12:55:58 pm »

That's just silly.

Never mind anyone else's uninformed tastebuds, this is hands-down the best beer on earth.  Wesvleteren is a Belgian Trappist beer, and the monks only make it when they need money.  It is amazing - every sip tastes different.  The only way to get it is to call the monastery directly, and book a 2-4.  They will only answer the phone if they need money.  If you call twice in 15 minutes, they automatically block your phone number for 24 hours.  If you do manage to get an order through, it takes 2-4 weeks for them to prepare it.  Then they call you 48 hours before it is ready, and advise you of your 30 minute window in which to pick it up (ie Tuesday the 119th from 2:30 to 3pm).  The same car is not permitted access to the grounds twice in a month.  If you challenge them on any of these rules, their response is invariably, "Temperance, my son."

Normally such rediculous exclusivity and Belgian red tape would disinterest me, but I took up the challenge because my brother would be visiting me a few months down the road.  After 3 months of not making headway, I checked e-bay, and found a case (a 2-4, eh?) for 598 Euros (ie 750 USD), so I looked elsewhere.  I found a shop in Brussels, called "De Bier Tempel", and sauntered in.  I asked the shopkeeper if he had Westvleteren, and he pulled away, darting his eyes toward the other patron in the small store.  Once she left, he leaned in, and said, "You Americans [Fuck you creeper, I thought] should learn to be more discreet.  How many do you want?  Quickly."  He is not supposed to resell it, and there is an underground economy to get your hands on this shit.  I left with the beer in brown paperbags and a carboard box, feeling like I just bought a sex video.  He sold me 12 bottles for a sum I would have been ashamed to admit I paid until I tasted the stuff with my brother. 

Every sip of my 6 bottles tasted different and distinct.  Incredible.  And fucking strong at 12%.  We ended the evening complimenting each other on the deft and gracious way with which the other wiped the drool from his chin(s).

No hangover whatsoever, and downing 6 of these babies is like having 18 Buds.  Without running to the washroom every 5 minutes.

I will do it all over again.  If this is not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:58:01 pm by GrilledSlug »

Offline Valtamdraugr

• Sex toy/Boot razor
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards The Disorder War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 3.01" long.
  • has 18 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mjordrika
  • Ruler: Valtamdraugr
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2013, 08:56:42 pm »

That's just silly.
Working outside... in Michigan.. in December is silly too. Stuff works, all's I'm sayin.
"I shall be here all evening, being bored and drinking. And making spaghetti and meatballs.
And maybe videos of my cat. Which I will torture my friends with. ;)
All because my plans for taking over the world have gone awry......." -Valthilde

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 01:48:53 am »

That's just silly.
Working outside... in Michigan.. in December is silly too. Stuff works, all's I'm sayin.

Fair enough.  I spent a winter loading pipe outside in Alberta, wondering what I did wrong to pull that duty.  Turn out what I did was be new.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.416 seconds with 32 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317