Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I reckon it's about time I get one of them there mp3 player things.  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
-I don't give a crap about how popular or unpopular it is.

-If mp3 player A is more expensive AND is less useful than mp3 player B, I do NOT want player A. Even if it IS a little smaller than mp3 player B.

-I am ONLY going to use it to play music. I do NOT give a crap if it plays videos, browses my eMail, washes my socks, etc.

-Sound quality is important. I'm willing to shell out a little extra cash if it has better sound quality than otherwise similar players.

-I'd prefer the maximum file storage to be about 5-10 gigabytes.

Also, I can't stand earbuds. If it isn't compatible with headphones for some odd reason, I don't want it.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd greatly appreciate it if it's combatible with this site. So no ipod.

EDIT2: While I'm at it, I might as well make this a contest. Whoever ends up recommending the device I eventually get will receive $6 Million.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 03:18:24 pm by Untelligent »

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
I reckon it's about time I get one of them there mp3 player things.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:43:04 pm »
iPod
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:51:40 pm »
ipod would suck dick
but no one is dumb enough to let that over priced whore suck it

if your looking for a small player with good sound quality i would recommend a creative zen

they are very small and have sizes from 2 too 32 gigs.
they work with tons of different formats and i believe they can be rockboxed

though if there is any chance your going to want video, dont get a mosaic cause they have tiny ass screens

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline iKrolm

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Economics
  • war boner is 11.5" long.
  • has 13 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Selenarctos
  • Ruler: IKrolm
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 09:31:14 pm »
My friend has a Samsung P2 and really likes it.  It has FM radio too:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-100331...l?tag=mncol;txt
-IKrolm, The Nation of Selenarctos

Former RIA HoE
Current TYR CoD

I think I'm going to take over the world by being the most quotable guy ever.

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Four years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 09:34:51 pm »
Quote from: Vector
ipod would suck dick

if your looking for a small player with good sound quality i would recommend a creative zen

though if there is any chance your going to want video, dont get a mosaic cause they have tiny ass screens

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline moisescruz

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1.99" long.
    • View Profile
  • Nation: doppler town
  • Ruler: moisabamf
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 09:44:38 pm »
microsoft zune- 4 gig $150. gets the Jorb done, also very sturdy to dropping/impact

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 09:44:59 pm »
I had an earlier version of this and really liked it for everything:

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/u3/

after accidentally leaving it in a rental car,

I bought this and liked it

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/7/

It was good quality and really durable except when I put it through a wash cycle when I left it in my pocket in the laundrey and tried to turn it on rather than waiting for it to dry out. bzzt

I use an EnV now (with VCast, and a 4gb mSD card)

other than that, maybe get an iRiver or something from Samsung (which gives good music quality for extra dalla dalla)
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 11:00:37 pm »
i would like to preface this by saying that i dont care about the 6mill ( i want it sent to someone else if i win) i just want to help
sorry to those whose ideas i say are wrong

Quote from: moisescruz
microsoft zune- 4 gig $150. gets the Jorb done, also very sturdy to dropping/impact

Quote from: DonDonta Sembromebro
i would say avoid the zune
i had one and loved it but
sound quality wise its not all that great decent but not all that great
and 4 gigs for $150 is way over priced
for about 100 you can get an 8 gig sansa fuze
avoiding apple, microsoft and sony will save you money

I had an earlier version of this and really liked it for everything:

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/u3/

after accidentally burritos it in a rental car,

I bought this and liked it

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/7/

It was good quality and really durable except when I put it through a wash cycle when I left it in my pocket in the laundrey and tried to turn it on rather than waiting for it to dry out. bzzt

I use an EnV now (with VCast, and a 4gb mSD card)

other than that, maybe get an iRiver or something from Samsung (which gives good music quality for extra dalla dalla)

cowon makes decent stuff. sadley most of it is movie oriented and has shitty sound quality. also the ones that have the screen button thingy break way to easy i have found.
iriver is nice stuff, bit over priced but better looking than a creative
samsung unless its a sansa.....no....just.....no

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline pacothenacho

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 06:43:47 am »
Quote from: moisescruz

I'll second that. I have one and its been pretty good so far

C-zom

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 04:41:37 pm »
Quote from: dester55
Quote from: Vector
ipod would suck dick

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 07:14:41 pm »
Probably getting a Zen.

Vector doesn't want the 6 million.

Dester doesn't need the 6 million.

C-Zom doesn't have the correct nation name in the sidebar and ought to update that sometime.

So I'm using it to attempt to recruit someone. Yay!

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 10:26:42 am »
i aprove of this
i would take it but it seems kinda pointless when i collect 10 mill a day.....

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 01:51:15 pm »
samsung p2

or zuine
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 02:47:16 pm »

^^
let your advice die in a fire pleaseandthankyou
zune= good for movies bad for music (but i still loved mine as i only used it for movies)
p2, friend had one of these, support nightmare along w the fact that it is very over priced

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 10:41:04 pm »
You know, I was once an iPod hater, I couldn't possibly see how they were worth the amount they were priced at. But after 2 Creative mp3 players I got a nano and changed my mind. No other mp3 player's interface is anywhere near as easy or intuitive as iPod's and these things have everything you could want in an mp3 player. Another bonus is that you can actually fit it in your pocket without a huge bulge...

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 11:14:48 pm »
We have 3 Ipods at our house and they all work great. Plus we're getting a 4th on x-mas.  They've been very dependable and have taken a beating.  I bought 2 cheaper ones b4 but I might as well wiped my ass with the money I wasted.  Ipod is great for music, who cares about watching video on a 2" screen, very small and portable so it fits easy in your pocket and has a very intuitive interface.  Plus their software is easy to use and you know they won't be going out of business anytime soon.  I would recommend one.

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 11:20:05 pm »
Also due to their tonicularity, there are millions of accessories for every model
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:20:44 pm by ganon5 »

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 02:08:16 pm »
Quote from: ganon5
You know, I was once an iPod hater, I couldn't possibly see how they were worth the amount they were priced at. But after 2 Creative mp3 players I got a nano and changed my mind. No other mp3 player's interface is anywhere near as easy or intuitive as iPod's and these things have everything you could want in an mp3 player. Another bonus is that you can actually fit it in your pocket without a huge bulge...

Excelent interface is broken by the face that you have to spin your finger around a circle insted of clicking a button.
As for as easy to use, um....zune, anything from archos, walkman, anything sansa works just as well as a normal ipod (the touch is a different story and i can say that i only think the archos imt's can match it)
feature wise it lacks anything besides using your content on the hard drive. no radio, no web browsing (remember not counting the touch) no sd or micro sd expansion, no rockboxing, no music sharing, and for the price the screens are tiny. and idk how big your pockets are but i can fit my cd player in a packet comfortably so i dont have a probley with any of them

Quote from: Electric Mango
We have 3 Ipods at our house and they all work great. Plus we're getting a 4th on x-mas.  They've been very dependable and have taken a beating.  I bought 2 cheaper ones b4 but I might as well wiped my ass with the money I wasted.  Ipod is great for music, who cares about watching video on a 2" screen, very small and portable so it fits easy in your pocket and has a very intuitive interface.  Plus their software is easy to use and you know they won't be going out of business anytime soon.  I would recommend one.

Ipods cant take a beating for shit! 1 drop and its over (same for anything else with a hard drive) you want something that lasts look for a good quality flash based player. as for the tiny screen i like the archos 5 imt because it has a 5 inch screen, full page web browsing and comes in sizes from 60 gigs to 250 (the 7 can go up to 320)

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 04:35:04 am »
I disagree (except about iPod classics using hard drives, that's just silly). But he doesn't want an iPod anyway so...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 04:37:00 am by ganon5 »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 1.472 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317