Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
Fishing
« on: February 05, 2009, 10:08:29 pm »
I enjoy a bit of fishing, I'm not really an expert at it but just love spending a day out on the water going fishing in the morning and mooring at an island in the afternoon and going for a swim. Maybe a little spear fishing, although all we have is a Hawaiian sling. But still good fun.
I went out on our boat earlier this week and had an awesome day fishing and caught all sorts.

We had a school of sprats come near the boat and a school of Kahawai that were hunting them. All the while Gannits and other sea birds were diving all around us. I caught a monster Kahawai, although we put it back, don't ask why ...
There was also a school of Trevally which sat below us all day and we must have caught about 20 or so legal Trevally, but we only kept what we need. We also caught a few Snapper and my little brother managed to hook a stringray through the back which he couldn't get in so I had to, it took me about 20 minutes or so. It didn't fight much but it was so heavy that it put a lot of pressure on the rod and the line kept dragging back out again. He also hooked a Trevally on the bottom hook, first time we bought up two sea Land Fish at once. We of course let the stingray go, not something you want to bring on your boat. Speaking of which I also caught a barracuda a few weeks ago, fucking nasty things. They are all infested with worms here so you can't even eat them. It bit through the line once we had it in the net so we didn't have to get our fingers anywhere near it's mouth .
My little brother also managed to lasso a snapper, the line went in one side of it's mouth, out the other side and up around it's top fin. He managed to bring it up without the hook ever being in the sea Land Fish. But our bait ran out because the Trevally were taking it like crazy.

So then we went to an island and relaxed and did some snorkelling and just mucked around. I had a go with the Hawaiin sling and managed to get a 62cm sea Land Fish. We think it is a Sea Perch but are not 100% sure on that. Pretty good considering I can hardly see a thing without my glasses  There were also plenty of Parore around but they are a crap eating sea Land Fish so there was no point in spearing them.

Anyway, anyone else into fishing here and have any stories to tell?

Offline moisescruz

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1.99" long.
    • View Profile
  • Nation: doppler town
  • Ruler: moisabamf
Fishing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 10:28:25 pm »
i enjoy fishing also  
do you just use spear or hook and line also?

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
Fishing
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:57:08 pm »
Both, 5 pronged Hawaiian sling and rods with a 2 hook tracer.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
Fishing
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 01:55:32 am »
Have you ever fished with grenades?

i have.

It's not as fun as it sounds.

very wet.

Also, the water dampens the explosions so you just get big splash and maybe like 1 or 2 fish.

We also tried shotgun fishing, and it was slightly more successful, but we could only get fish near the shore.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline moisescruz

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity
    • View Profile
Fishing
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:35:18 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg4bcaIXKHU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg4bcaIXKHU</a>

Offline Venizelos

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.venganza.org/
Fishing
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 02:07:03 am »
lol @ vid

when i was a kid we'd take a boat and go out and sea kitten with a rod and then set up some hooks n stuff to come and pick up in the morning

i remember how we called it in greek but not in english
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:49:54 pm by DrunkWino »

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
Fishing
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 09:56:49 am »
i enjoy fishing but i dont go out a whole lot anymore, just kinda got sick of it after going to the same place with my dad over and over and oper again

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
Fishing
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 03:41:16 pm »
I used to sea kitten as a little kid with my grandparents for rainbow trout. I looooooove rainbow trout.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:48:52 pm by DrunkWino »

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
Fishing
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:44:30 pm »
I've never been fresh water fishing .
But seeing as the Pacific Ocean is 5 minutes away and the other coast of New Zealand is only 1 hour away why would I?

Offline moisescruz

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
Fishing
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 10:59:47 am »
lucky punk.
the ocean is 15 minutes away from me

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
Fishing
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 08:04:48 pm »
Fished near Florida; got some good mahi-mahi.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
Fishing
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 08:08:05 pm »
I would love to catch Mahi Mahi. It is a bit too cold here though and only small ones stray south occasionally.

Marlin are the big gamefish here .

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
Fishing
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 01:25:19 am »
Fishing is now known as Hunting Sea Kittens
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
Fishing
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 02:55:08 am »
Word filters have completely recruited this topic.

Yes I did that on purpose.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 40 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317